Dumb question about DC cities

I know it's not correct, but I always imagined that Fawcett City was San Francisco and Captain Marvel was the west coast Superman. Maybe it's just the proximity to the 49ers colors - but I thought it'd be cool to have Cap in San Fran. You know, flying over the Golden Gate Bridge and all.

Oh, and Captain Marvel Jr. is relegated to Oakland.

Prognosticator said:
Star City is up in the northwest i believe. Green Arrow fits that area's cultural mentality that's more liberal. plus, he shortly vacated Star City for nearby Seattle so...

every map i've seen as had star city in california. i'm pretty sure that's where it's supposed to be. dc really needs to release an official map of their version of the u.s./north america, already.

drastic_quench said:
I know it's not correct, but I always imagined that Fawcett City was San Francisco and Captain Marvel was the west coast Superman. Maybe it's just the proximity to the 49ers colors - but I thought it'd be cool to have Cap in San Fran. You know, flying over the Golden Gate Bridge and all.

Oh, and Captain Marvel Jr. is relegated to Oakland.

Oakland..Genius! :up: :D

sinewave said:
every map i've seen as had star city in california. i'm pretty sure that's where it's supposed to be. dc really needs to release an official map of their version of the u.s./north america, already.

But that would be logical. :confused: :p

Actually I really wish they would as well, this thread is like the 4th I've seen so far this year asking about locations and it would be nice to have a 'set' image or resource that was up-to-date to link to.

Here's another little map that's been tossed around a little on the boards, just for some interesting cross reference. It's only the major Cities.

cities1tp.gif

I thought Fawcett City would be in Michigan, but it's not. It's actually pretty effing sweet that it's in Indiana, which is where I'm from. Well, that and Captain Marvel is my all-time FAVE!

I'm in Florida. I think the only guy who hangs out down here a lot is the Lizard. :(

here's something that just occured to me...

during the green arrow storyline where onomotopeoia is introduced, we see the serial killer first killing an amateur heroine in philadelphia and then an amateur hero in pittsburgh. the next hero he goes after, relatively soon after, is gren arrow in star city. so wouldn't that put star city somewhere relatively close to, if not in, pennsylvania? i happen to be from right outside of philly myself.

I thought Star City was on the west coast. :confused: Is there anything to concretely make the timeline between the second guy and Green Arrow really short? It's been a while since I read it, so I don't remember, but maybe he just got bored of no-names and decided on GA as his first big score.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I thought Star City was on the west coast. :confused: Is there anything to concretely make the timeline between the second guy and Green Arrow really short? It's been a while since I read it, so I don't remember, but maybe he just got bored of no-names and decided on GA as his first big score.

nope. he could have been just randomly traveling the country. start city is on the west coast.

Anubis said:
Keystone and Central City are in Kansas

THey recently said that Metropolis is in New York. (Which I don't agree with.) Uh, Saint ROch is in Louisiana. Coast City is in California I think. They've had maps before but they often times become obsolete because some other writer says the city's in some other state. It's like the Simpson's Springfield. You never really know what state they're in. Best to just take a guess. metropolis and Gotham are on the East Coast. As is Opal City. Fawcitt's in the Midwest.

Central is in Missouri. The twin cities are on the Kansas/Missouri border.

Opal has been up and down the East Coast for as long as I can remember. I've seen South Carolina, Maryland, Mass., Virginia, and NY.

Is Coast City definitely in California? That's the impression I got of it based on what I've read of GL and Haven, but I don't think I've ever seen it placed there definitely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"