San Diego Comic-Con 2006-DC Edition

HuyLantern said:
How was Ultimate Avengers a direct adaptation, many changes were made to the DVD, let's start with the name "Ulitmate Avengers".

Its pretty much the same exact plot and story of Ultimates Vol.1, wow they changed the name, thats not the point.

Everything from the DCU Panel:

The films -- based on classic DC Universe stories -- are being produced at Warner Bros. Animation, with Bruce Timm providing overall supervision.

Making the announcement at the DC Universe panel, Levitz said that DC: The New Frontier comics creator Darwyn Cooke is writing the film version with animation veteran Stan Berkowitz and is providing art direction.

Levitz said that Superman/Doomsday will "take the essence" of "The Death of Superman" story. Duane Capizzi, from Kids' WB!'s The Batman and the recent Superman: Brainiac Attacks is writing the film, working with Timm.

Marv Wolfman, writer of The New Teen Titans comic, is co-writing The Judas Contract with Tom DeSanto, executive producer of the first two X-Men movies and producer of next summer's Transformers film.
"These are designed with the fans in mind," Levitz said, adding that he's open to idea for future films.

* In other news from the panel:

(I'm only gonna post the cover images of what people may have not seen)

THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #1:
bravebold1.jpg

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #1:
justicesociety1.jpg

TALES OF THE UNKNOWN #1:
talesoftheunknown1.jpg

* Paul Dini announced that he is writing a Black Canary/Zatanna graphic novel, with art by Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti.

Dan DiDio asked the panelists to reveal on secret thing about one of their books. The responses:

Gail Simone: Might see Birds of Prey meeting up with the Secret Six.

Mark Waid: Might see Supergirl's return to Krypton.

Grant Morrison: The secret origin of Bat-Mite.

Geoff Johns: There will be three new members of the Teen Titans and one will be Raven.

Dini: Detective Comics might not be as standalone as readers think.

Kurt Busiek: Lana Lang versus the Insect Queen.

Brad Meltzer: In the Justice League/Justice Society crossover, there's a third team.

Terry Dodson: Neither Donna Troy or Diana is Wonder Woman in issue #3.

Jamal Igle: There's a certain Russian -- Mikhail Arkadin -- who is the Firestorm in issue #27

Bill Willingham: Detective Chimp will prove Batman is the best human detective, and Blue Devil gets a promotion and starts rhyming.

Danny Bilson: There's a young pissed off kid named Inertia.

Ivan Reis: "Sorry, I don't have a secret."

Greg Rucka, via DiDio: He wants to write The Question forever.

* DC displayed George Perez's cover to November's Brave and the Bold #1, written by Mark Waid, and Mike Mignola's cover to Tales of the Unknown #1.

* Dini said he anticipates J.H. Williams II returning as artist of Detective in about three issues.

* Meltzer said that Ed Benes will draw Vixen in Justice League of America #1.

* Asked about the All-Star Squadron, Meltzer said that might the third team in the Justice League/Justice Society crossover.

* Morrison: "The real Batman is going to come out and I think you're going to like him."

* DiDio said he would like to continue the big 80-page issues like Countdown and Brave New World on a yearly basis.

* Krypto? "We have definite plans for Krypto," Busiek said. "But I can't tell you where he is because that would blow some of the surprise."

* DiDio said that James Robinson has future DC work. "A number of projects," he said.

* DiDio said he didn't foresee any future Elseworlds projects.

* More Adam Strange? "If he makes it out of 52, there will be more," DiDio said.

it's Grant Morrison.....he'd kill off Batman and have Harvey Dent become the new Batman and everyone would love it

I am 100% positive that the Joker will die.

Assassin said:
read the last page buddy, i said it first than of course GAH likes the idea:confused: he's a weirdo

Even still...ONE person freaking out? I'm kind of shocked.

They say Joker gets shot in the face (They avoid saying he dies) and a new joker appears in issue five. The word new is often used highlight a new look, new personality traits, or yeah a totally different person.
I think it will be the same joker but a changed man maybe he'll be a little more light-hearted or a lot more deadly(if possible)

Well thats my guess with Grant Morrison anything is possible.

roach said:
it's Grant Morrison.....he'd kill off Batman and have Harvey Dent become the new Batman and everyone would love it

Sadly.

marcofthebeast said:
They say Joker gets shot in the face (They avoid saying he dies) and a new joker appears in issue five. The word new is often used highlight a new look, new personality traits, or yeah a totally different person.
I think it will be the same joker but a changed man maybe he'll be a little more light-hearted or a lot more deadly(if possible)

Well thats my guess with Grant Morrison anything is possible.
That's a really interesting idea. It's often seen that severe trauma to the frontal lobes of the brain can cause fundemental changes in personality. This would be a fascinating angle on The Joker's place in the DCU, and I hope that Morrison is inspired enough to have shared your inspiration. :up:

It really wouldn't make much sense to have a "new" Joker, in that he isn't a "costume" as such. I can see why somebody might wish to continue a former Flash's fight against crime, but a new Joker is as redundant as a "new" Lex Luthor.

regwec said:
That's a really interesting idea. It's often seen that severe trauma to the frontal lobes of the brain can cause fundemental changes in personality. This would be a fascinating angle on The Joker's place in the DCU, and I hope that Morrison is inspired enough to have shared your inspiration. :up:
That does sound pretty cool. Much better than Joker dying and we get some clone/copycat.

regwec said:

It really wouldn't make much sense to have a "new" Joker, in that he isn't a "costume" as such. I can see why somebody might wish to continue a former Flash's fight against crime, but a new Joker is as redundant as a "new" Lex Luthor.

what the **** is so fascinating about him chaaging his persona?! a bad guy being turned good? thats the lamest and most tiresome idea ever concieved. the joker is a suicidal maniacal killer, thats him thats who he is. changing his persona to be a good guy is a horrible direction. i rather have him dead.

GoldenAgeHero said:
what the **** is so fascinating about him chaaging his persona?! a bad guy being turned good? thats the lamest idea ever concieved. the joker is a suicidal maniacal killer, thats him thats who he is. changing his persona to be a good guy is a horrible direction. i rather have him dead.

suicidal? :confused:

what if the creeper is the new joker? ha ha! me make funny.

not so funny

yes...? he'll kill himself if he has to as long as it hurts batman. and imprettty sure its been said before he's suicidal.

no its not the creeper, he's a good guy sorta. i hope its duela dent.

GoldenAgeHero said:
what the **** is so fascinating about him chaaging his persona?! a bad guy being turned good? thats the lamest and most tiresome idea ever concieved. the joker is a suicidal maniacal killer, thats him thats who he is. changing his persona to be a good guy is a horrible direction. i rather have him dead.

no one said he'd go good...just different

GoldenAgeHero said:
I'm not arguing that he should be a 'good guy', I am suggesting that it would be interesting if he were "changed" in a subjective sense, without being replaced.

In any case, why do you want a "new" Joker, if you don't want any shift in personality? A new Joker who is identical to the last would serve no purpose other than an unnecessary rupture in continuity.

regwec said:

Didn't you see the "new" Lex Luthor, in "Up, up and away"? He flies kryptonian battle ships, has funny sidekicks, and comically murmurs "I hate you", to Superman after thrown to Jail.

I'm pretty sure it's Dick Dastardly who holds the mantle of Luthor under bald cap now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"