• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sci-Fi Dune

It's fairly obscure. All of the actresses who've played Chani so far have had jet black hair, I don't think it matters.

If Zendaya is in, it's safe to assume Chani's parents will be of different ethnicity (the planetologist dad and his Fremen wife). Or both are mixed.

I don't care much about hair color. It only interests me from lineage perspective. If parents are blonds, the kids can't have jet black hair. They nailed it so far with Atreides family. Also, Baron should be a readhead.

Kynes ( her father ) is a white man with blond hair and her wife is only referenced once by name only but she is Fremen ( dark skinned complexion ).

Edit : in fact, Kynes skin color was never indicated in the books....

I would prefer Kynes to be black, if Zendaya gets the role. I think closed and isolated society like Fremen should be rather uniform ethnicity-wise. Generally middle-eastern-looking people. So Chani, if played by Zendaya, will look rather different from the rest due to her father being a foreigner.

UPD. Crap, I forgot his father married a Fremen woman too.

I would prefer Kynes to be black, if Zendaya gets the role. I think closed and isolated society like Fremen should be rather uniform ethnicity-wise. Generally middle-eastern-looking people. So Chani, if played by Zendaya, will look rather different from the rest due to her father being a foreigner.

I think you're nitpicking a bit too far :)
Keep in mind, that it is set in a far future, the Fremen aren't direct descendants of today Arabs, their origin is remote, they fled from planets to planets before settling on Arrakis.

I was actually already thinking that she'd be a good choice, so of course this would be ok by me.

I think you're nitpicking a bit too far :)
Keep in mind, that it is set in a far future, the Fremen aren't direct descendants of today Arabs, their origin is remote, they fled from planets to planets before settling on Arrakis.
I'm not nitpicking. I'm not saying that they should be descendants of Arabs, just that there should be some logic to how people look. Middle-eastern look isn't necessary, but I'm advocating for ethnic uniformity. Why middle-eastern? Because they look like a mix of civilizations. Something that would probably occur in society of Fremen. Just speculating.

I thought they were looking for a Middle-Eastern foreign actress for Chani. As for Oscar Isaac, has it ever been mentioned whether he was using the Spice thus making him look younger?

Duke Leto, from the books, is looking like a 35/45 y/o man from out times ( in good shape ).
Almost everyone eat spice but in more or less diluted states.
Nobility use it more and high quality.

Last edited:
Rebecca Ferguson is 35, so they obviously aren't too hung up on the ages of the actors. If everyone was going to play their real-life age, then she would have given birth to Chalomet when she was 12.

I would prefer Kynes to be black if Zendaya gets the role. I think a closed and isolated society like Fremen should be rather uniform ethnicity-wise. Generally middle-eastern-looking people. So Chani, if played by Zendaya, will look rather different from the rest due to her father being a foreigner.

UPD. Crap, I forgot his father married a Fremen woman too.

Yeah, Liet is only part-Fremen where his father Pardot was the offworlder. I often dream of Max Von Sydow to cameo as Pardot Kynes as I'm also imagining his voice while giving out his lectures during his son's final scene.

Her tough girl shtick in Spiderman was awful to me, which is what I'm afraid she'd do with this role.

:huh:She didnt have a tough girl schtick in spiderman. Her character was mellow about things and interested in Peter, but theres nothing "tough" about either of those characteristics.

Excellent choice.

Now we need Shaddam.

Another great actor. Not how I pictured Stilgar, but I believe it's an interesting choice.

No shows us Shaddam.

WTF. How is Villeneuve getting all these big leaguers into his cast? Does he have incriminating photos or something?

Javier Bardem Joins Timothee Chalamet in ‘Dune’ Reboot

Bardem will play Stilgar, the leader of a tribe that helps Chalamet’s character.
F'yeah! Great choice.

AKA Sahkan, the Desert Hawk.

Stilgar: "Then I say unto you, send men to summon WORRRMS!!!"

Don't remember if Stil said it in the novels but he certainly did in the mini-series, and it was epic!
(although that was in Children of Dune, so we better get the sequels;))

Last edited:
At this rate, my joke about Daniel Day Lewis playing a sandworm may actually come true.

At this rate, my joke about Daniel Day Lewis playing a sandworm may actually come true.

Well if they ever get up to God Emperor of Dune they'll certainly need someone to play Leto II son of Paul and Chani who in fact becomes a worm.

Day Lewis is already to old, at least to be introduced as Leto II (although we could get a flash forward dream where he plays it LOL!) and or James McAvoy who did a great job playing him in the series, will be to old as well.

220px-God_Emperor_of_Dune-Frank_Herbert_%281981%29_First_edition.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"