Dwayne McDuffie's Teenage Negro Ninja Thrashers

it was independently owned and published by DC

he does... it's one of the only characters to make it out without prohibitive paperwork slowing the flow

Probably. What I don't get is if he can strike a deal with Time-Warner to make a Static cartoon, why can't he just put Static into DC's comics now that he's writing comics again? I'd love to see Static in the mainstream DC universe, hanging out with the Titans or whatever.

I don't know. It wouldn't the first time a creator-owned character appeared in a company owned, in continuity story.

Nope. Kirkman brought Invincible into the Marvel universe, which was fun. Even a one-issue deal like that would be cool.

That was the first thing that popped into my head, too. I wonder who owns the story in those situations.

had convo with him at WW La tryin ta remember what he said... not sure what was ears only

That was the first thing that popped into my head, too. I wonder who owns the story in those situations.
Don't know. Who owns stuff like JLA/Avengers or Marvel vs. DC? I figured they're jointly owned, period. Each side needs the other's approval to do anything with those stories. But I'm speculating.

In that case, Kirkman would stand to make a boatload from reprintings.

Marvel did. The Invincible issue is in the League of Losers TPB.

Well, that's an extra penny or so per copy sold to Kirkman. Not bad, I guess.

I remember when the royalties for comics were outrageous. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"