[E3 2005] The Microsoft Conference

hippie_hunter said:
Welcome to one year ago :o. The only question is if there is ever going to be Wii version.

I thought it was going to be Revo/Wii exclusive.

Has anyone heard about MS turning down the rights to make the next GTA a 360 exclusive?

hippie_hunter said:
Resident Evil Wii has been confirmed to be Resident Evil 5 :eek: :eek: :eek:

No. :( I thought you said an RE Wii game... Not RE5 for Wii.

Lacuna said:
why wouldn't it be?

and what does that have to do with this thread?
Nothing really, although its in context because of the Halo 3 trailer

That list says Pro Evolution Soccer 5 but it's actually 6

BAH HUMBBUG! said:
I thought it was going to be Revo/Wii exclusive.
Nope, the Resident Evil series underperformed on the Gamecube because:

1. The Gamecube has the smallest audience out of the 3 consoles
2. Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, and Resident Evil: Code Veronica were overpriced Dreamcast ports instead of a graphical update like Resident Evil was.
3. Resident Evil 0 despite being an awesome game, was the same-old, same-old Resident Evil

Hence why Capcom ported Resident Evil 4 to the Playstation 2 and are making Resident Evil 5 for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. The question is: will Resident Evil 5 end up on the Wii? Capcom has said that it will end up on other platforms (the Nintendo DS, PC, Playstation Portable, or Wii, who knows)

Has anyone heard about MS turning down the rights to make the next GTA a 360 exclusive?

The Resident Evil rights? Capcom would never offer Microsoft the exclusitivity rights to the Resident Evil series on account that the Japanese hate the Xbox brand and Resident Evil is a Japanese game. As for Grand Theft Auto IV, Microsoft really sucks at trying to get Playstation franchises exclusive to their console. They end up failing every time. They should just consider themselves lucky that Rockstar is giving them exclusive content (content that will probally end up on the Playstation 3 sooner or later)

TheCardPlayer said:
Who's the freaking tard that gave this a 1 and Sony a 7?

I'll give you three guesses. His name starts with LIZARD and his name ends with #1. Start now!

Should have known better! :D

And don't worry. I'm pissed I won't be able to afford a PS3 so we're equals.

TheCardPlayer said:
Should have known better! :D

And don't worry. I'm pissed I won't be able to afford a PS3 so we're equals.

I'm pissed that Sony won't let me afford an Xbox 360.

Stupid Metal Gear :mad:

Did you guys see the two page add in the flyers at E3? One page had the 360 swirel and said "jump in" the second page said Mr. Kojima....

I would laugh, a lot, if MGS4 appeared on the 360. :)

hippie_hunter said:
I'll give you three guesses. His name starts with LIZARD and his name ends with #1. Start now!

LMAO dude I haven't even been to this thread lol, this is I believe my first time lol. I didn't see the confrence so I'm not going to vote.

VaderRISE said:
Did you guys see the two page add in the flyers at E3? One page had the 360 swirel and said "jump in" the second page said Mr. Kojima....

I would laugh, a lot, if MGS4 appeared on the 360. :)

How many times do I have to say this:

NOT...GOING...TO...F**KING...HAPPEN!!!

hippie_hunter said:
I'm not anti-Xbox, I just can't afford one, EVER :(

But you can afford a ps3???? :confused:

Another reason RE underperformed is because a lot of the cube's audience was much younger than the other two consoles. I don't mean that in a derogatory way or anything, but it certainly didn't help.

hippie_hunter said:
Nope, the Resident Evil series underperformed on the Gamecube because:

1. The Gamecube has the smallest audience out of the 3 consoles
2. Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, and Resident Evil: Code Veronica were overpriced Dreamcast ports instead of a graphical update like Resident Evil was.
3. Resident Evil 0 despite being an awesome game, was the same-old, same-old Resident Evil

Hence why Capcom ported Resident Evil 4 to the Playstation 2 and are making Resident Evil 5 for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. The question is: will Resident Evil 5 end up on the Wii? Capcom has said that it will end up on other platforms (the Nintendo DS, PC, Playstation Portable, or Wii, who knows)

The Resident Evil rights? Capcom would never offer Microsoft the exclusitivity rights to the Resident Evil series on account that the Japanese hate the Xbox brand and Resident Evil is a Japanese game. As for Grand Theft Auto IV, Microsoft really sucks at trying to get Playstation franchises exclusive to their console. They end up failing every time. They should just consider themselves lucky that Rockstar is giving them exclusive content (content that will probally end up on the Playstation 3 sooner or later)

Thank You HH :up: So then MS did turn down the rights to make GTA exclusive? Or they just couldn't close the deal?

hippie_hunter said:
I'm pissed that Sony won't let me afford an Xbox 360.

Stupid Metal Gear :mad:

I'm telling you guys the prices are going to drop immediately after release of the PS3 :up:

BAH HUMBBUG! said:
Thank You HH :up: So then MS did turn down the rights to make GTA exclusive? Or they just couldn't close the deal?

If Microsoft were able to obtain the exclusitivity rights to Grand Theft Auto, like Sony did, they would have taken it. Grand Theft Auto is a very popular game franchise. The deal just couldn't go through the way Microsoft wanted. Take Two would have been stupid to ignore the Playstation 3 after all the other Grand Theft Autos have not only appeared on, but sold the best on the Playstation brands.

The same thing happened when they tried to obtain the Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid games.

hippie_hunter said:
If Microsoft were able to obtain the exclusitivity rights to Grand Theft Auto, like Sony did, they would have taken it. Grand Theft Auto is a very popular game franchise. The deal just couldn't go through the way Microsoft wanted. Take Two would have been stupid to ignore the Playstation 3 after all the other Grand Theft Autos have not only appeared on, but sold the best on the Playstation brands.

The same thing happened when they tried to obtain the Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid games.

:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"