I can never get past the intro :(
But I do watch Alf before that, he kicks ass :up:

THWIP* said:
YAAAY!
fing05.gif
bubbly.gif
twirl.gif

WAIT......WHAT DID I WIN? :confused:

You win a chance to play an X-Box 360 for free...oh wait...you already have one...never mind.

You win a chance to make a snyde remark to anyone who dares cross your path!:D

Gammy v.2 said:
Mirth? Wha...?
I don't know who that is :confused:
I can never get past the intro :(
But I do watch Alf before that, he kicks ass :up:

Mirth from Earth...he was hilarious.:up: :)

This is how Sony really feels about all of you and your money.

Well it looks like I was right about Sony and their attitude about their PS3.

News:
Sony: If We Make It, They Will Buy
SCEE CEO brimming with confidence regarding PS3.
by Luke Smith, 05/19/2006
170 of 203 users recommend this story.
When Sony Computer Entertainment Europe CEO David Reeves admits that "key launch titles" will slip into 2007 he also admits that to Sony, it doesn't really matter what ships at launch.

"We have built up a certain brand equity over time since the launch of PlayStation in 1995 and PS2 in 2000 that the first five million are going to buy it, whatever it is, even it didn't have games," Reeves told Computer and Video Games in an interview. During the same interview, Reeves admits that Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm and Formula One will all see release in early 2007 within the PS3 "launch window." Insomniac's gritty World War II shooter (with aliens) Resistance: Fall of Man will be there at launch according to Reeves.

It's not games like Heavenly Sword slipping into the "launch window" instead of the "launch day" category that is concerning -- it's Sony admitting that even if there were no games to purchase, consumers would still be lining up en masse to grab the PS3.

We get it, Sony, you were the market leader for two solid generations of console making, but you might be placing a little too much faith in the perceived strength of your brand to ask people to fork over $600 for your console regardless of the available software.

In the end what does this mean?

You're going to buy it and give us your ****ing money no matter what!

Agreed and I hope they do. It seems like it's become more of a who's got a bigger penis between MS and Sony, rather than giving game players what they want.

This is the impression I got from Sony and the things they did to give it to me.

E3 2005

MS: 360 release 4 quarter 2005.
Sony: PS3 release 4 quarter 2005 possible 1st quarter 2006 (we will compete with the 360 but we want to see what they are going to do first)

Late 2005
Sony: PS3 pushed back to ealy/mid 2006 (we can take our time there is no rush)

Early 2006
Sony: PS3 to launch June 06 (laughing at us behind closed doors)

Feb-April 2006
Sony: PS3 will launch, umm June, no wait August, no actually September. In fact you know what, we will let you know when we are damn good and ready to relase it. Price? **** you there is no price yet, just for asking we are going to jack it up and you will stay pay for it you idiots.

E3 2006
Sony: Yeah, umm well this is out PS3, umm yeah we ripped off Nintendo's idea for the motion sensor remote so what! And um, yeah we were too lazy to redesign the remote again since you people are cry babies and didn't like the boomerang we gave you the first time, punk *****es! Umm release date? (whispers to other sony execs, what did we want to tell them this time?) Oh something like November. Price? Damn you are asking again?! Fine **** you punk asses, $500, no $600 how do you like them apples! Yeah that's right $600 *****es! And the $500 version is so ****ty it's not even worth buying! Ninten-who? Yeah whatever, they suck, so does MS and so do you idiotic fans. Just give us your money.

That's the feeling I get from Sony and how much they care.

Brainiac 8 said:
You win a chance to play an X-Box 360 for free...oh wait...you already have one...never mind.

You win a chance to make a snyde remark to anyone who dares cross your path!:D

YOU KNOW I ALREADY DO THAT ANYWAY. :O :down:(

Basically, sony knows that there's a lot of dumb people out there who would buy it no matter what just so they can boast to their buddies they have it.

Gammy v.2 said:
I feel bad for having a Sony TV and for wanting a PSP.
Oh well :o

Gammy, you don't have to feel bad.....a psp is actually pretty cool.

just dont buy a ps3 :(

Nah, I don't think I will, at least not for the first 2 or 3 years.
I'll be way too busy with the 360 and the Wii.

Remember that "PS3 won't play used games" rumor that went around the internet a few months ago? We (as fans) were quick to debunk it.

...Well...seems like it's more real then we wanted to believe.

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/game/news/article.jsp?articleId=20060524153157765035&sectionId=1006

High street games shops have been told by Sony that there will be no PS3 pre-owned sections in their stores as it will be illegal for customers to sell any next-gen PlayStation games that they've bought, retail sources have revealed to GamesRadar.

It seems that Sony is planning to adopt a licensing system that will mean gamers won't own the PS3 titles that they've paid money for. Instead, they will only be purchasing the licence to play the game and that the software itself will still be Sony property - meaning that the disc won't be the customer's to sell.

We assume that the thinking behind this move will ultimately be to stop PS3 games being resold several times - which currently snatches potential sales away from Sony - and to counter the impression in consumers' minds that games are only really worth their pre-owned price and are not worth buying new.

When we contacted Sony, it issued us with the following statement: "We have made all of the official announcements at E3 and cannot make any further comments at this time. We will be announcing more news running up to PlayStation 3's launch."

If this was nothing but a rumor you KNOW Sony would have been quick to debunk it. Instead all they said is "we can't say anything right now." If this is true it will be a major death blow to Sony. I don't buy that many used games, but I know it's a BIG market.

You would think that it IS fake....but if it was Sony would have been all over it saying "this is BS." They didn't....so it makes you wonder. Honestly, with the crap they're pulling would you...or anyone for that matter be surprised?

Not really, buddy :down

I mean, I would love to play MGS4 or DMC4 but hmmm I think I'll pass for a few years thanks.

It's NOT old as hell, the early rumors that everyone debunked were "fake" but they were also different. They were about the PS3 having some sort of chip in it that would recognize a "used game" and not play it. This is saying Sony won't allow GameStop, EB and the like to even HAVE PS3 used section.

You can also tell it's new because Sony mentioned that they said all they wanted to say at E3 and won't talk about anything else until a later time. While this may SOUND like the old rumor that video game fans everywhere debunked as false, this is something new.

http://next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3086&Itemid=2

They also have a new artical up on it, if this is false then Sony should come out and say so, not say "just wait and see." I would normaly be right there with you proclaiming this as false....but Sony didn't comment on it. Plus the way they've been acting it just seems like something they would do, and then try to convince people that it makes sense.

they can't just go denying stuff like this because that would give the game away when they didn't deny other stuff.

It's not fake, it's 100% true and new. No more used games. Rofl, Sony sucks.

Well I dont personally sell my video games nor do I buy used one, but if thats true, its a mistake on Sony's part. Bad PR

VaderRISE said:
Remember that "PS3 won't play used games" rumor that went around the internet a few months ago? We (as fans) were quick to debunk it.

...Well...seems like it's more real then we wanted to believe.

If this was nothing but a rumor you KNOW Sony would have been quick to debunk it. Instead all they said is "we can't say anything right now." If this is true it will be a major death blow to Sony. I don't buy that many used games, but I know it's a BIG market.

WHAT!!!!???

First of all how can selling anything you bought out right in the first place be illegal? That right there sounds like this is fake. Secondly, that is ******ed! If it is true, **** Sony, **** Sony and oh yeah **** SONY!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"