EA to develop Star Wars games

Apparently the EA president mentioned Battlefront by name when talking about the acquisition. The time has finally come...

Apparently the EA president mentioned Battlefront by name when talking about the acquisition. The time has finally come...

Jeez i hope so.

Id love to see DICE tackle that in a style similar to Battlefield, altho the game already is kinda like that

Last edited:
I've never played Battlefront. How does it play?

I've never played Battlefront. How does it play?

Actually, kinda like Battlefield, just in third person, you can get in vehicles and theres different classes with different skill sets

Sounds good. See what I can find on youtube.

Yeap, I think DICE can do a lot with this. Probably the best company to be working on this given their in depth & directly relevant experience with Battlefield.

Oh man...if Dice handles Battlefront.

Goodbye every online game I once played. You had a good run...

Hopefully this turns out like everyone hopes and can put a massive dent in CoD.

If they do it, I hope they throw in a decent amount of customization.

If they did it well they could make a lot of money from microtransactions. I don't normally pay for that stuff but I might for a top Star Wars game if I can really customise my character to look amazing.

As long as you can unlock everything by playing normally, but microtransactions make it easier, I have no problem with it.

I just hope this allows first person which I'm sure it will.

I just hope they KEEP the 3rd person with the option to use 1st. I've always been better at 3rd person shooters online for some reason.

I'm much better at 3rd person too. And it's awesome when games have both. It's fun to switch between the 2.

Actually, kinda like Battlefield, just in third person, you can get in vehicles and theres different classes with different skill sets

You can switch between third and first person depending on your preference. Having the option is the ideal way of doing it because it pleases everyone. Like everyone else, I love the Star Wars Battlefront series to the point where I still play SWBF II today, eight years after it's release. The prospect of finally getting a third in the series (or spiritual successor) is ridiculously exciting. I just hope they keep the ability to switch between perspectives, rather than stick to one.

(although if they do stick to one, I hope it's 3rd Person...)

Like the Elder Scrolls games. I wish more games had both 1st and 3rd person too.

Like the Elder Scrolls games. I wish more games had both 1st and 3rd person too.

So do I, I'd buy a lot more games. I guess it's an extra expense most developers don't want the hassle of dealing with, but it is an exceptionally cool (and useful) feature.

Oh man...if Dice handles Battlefront.

Goodbye every online game I once played. You had a good run...

100% agreed. I'm not the biggest fan of Battlefield but there's no denying they're AAAA quality. I really hope they're taking on Battlefront

I prefer First person but I would too like the option for both.

tumblr_mblr2oS9JJ1r95uo7o1_500.gif

lol, but in all seriousness this is how I feel.

tumblr_mk7qmgtyfn1s93akfo1_250.gif

tumblr_inline_ml5q5szzcF1qz4rgp.gif

Last edited:
Why doesn't Disney license out hardcore Marvel games? :'(

So we're going to get Battlefront III finally?

Can't believe we're getting so much Star Wars starting next year. New cartoon, new AAA video games, new movie every year, maybe even a live-action TV series.

IT'S LIKE WE'VE ALL DIED AND LIVING IN SOME ALTERNATE REALITY WHERE THE WORLD DOESN'T SUCK T.T

'Uncharted' director Amy Hennig joins 'Dead Space' studio for new 'Star Wars' game

Uncharted writer and director Amy Henning left Naughty Dog last month under circumstances said to be acrimonious, but she's found a new home at EA's Visceral Games. The studio developed the popular Dead Space sci-fi horror series and is working on an untitled Star Wars project; Hennig will take the role of creative director. The game will be one of the first Star Wars titles since EA signed a deal with Disney to take over the franchise following LucasArts' demise.

"Two amazing things entered my life in 1977 — Star Wars and the Atari 2600," said Hennig on Twitter. "This opportunity is the confluence of the two most influential experiences of my youth, and I couldn't be more excited to go on this journey. It's a privilege to have the opportunity to contribute to the Star Wars universe, after it's had such a formative influence on my life."

"I’ve always admired [Hennig's] approach to creative development — focusing on nailing down the soul of a game first, and then making sure the writing, the gameplay, the design, and the art comes together to form a unified, interactive experience for the player," said Visceral VP Steve Papoutsis. "This fits in perfectly with what we’re trying to do here at Visceral and Amy’s going to help us continue in our pursuit to make the most thrilling, immersive games in the world."

TheVerge.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"