Easter Egg

Regarding wat godzilla2000 said.... like I said a few posts ago marvel already came out and said that caps shield in ironman was nothin more than a easter egg for fans... nothin more

All right! Loving all these easter eggs in recent Marvel movies, it's all becoming one universe.

They said it was just for fans nothin more

Oh come on now. Cap is still trapped under the Arctic Ice at this current point in time if they're goinbg by that bit of continuity. He probably won't be rescued until the Avengers movie, with the Cap movie being placed during WWII. Now Tony, having all that money could be able to afford to give the U.S. military a little commission for that shield the military no doubt had found way back in the 40's when searching for Cap. It would say something about our disposable culture of today that a possession that once belonged to an icon back in the 40's is so meaningless today that it would be sold to the highest bidder, even if said bidder was Tony Stark.

Huh?
Did you actually read my post at all before writing that response?

I have to ask as I very clearly stated I thought the shield seen in Iron-Man is NOT supposed to be the real one.
To repeat:

wobbly said:
If that was Caps real shield, why on earth would Tony have it?
Nope. We saw Tony is a collector, buying art he doesn't even know much about for the sake of it. I figure his shield is a replica and nothing more, with the real number still buried under the ice with Cap.

Why you so badly misunderstood this I do not not know, but I'll thank you to try and read my posts properly in future.

26.jpg

02.jpg

07.jpg

23.jpg

This will be awesome.

Do you mean the storyline? Cuz if you don't kno they are makin a live action avengers

I think that Captain America/Steve Rogers and Tony Stark/Iron Man will be both connected in their cameo scenes, it might be Tony giving the shield to Steve Rogers/Captain America, it might be just Captain America just popping up with Iron Man like Nick Fury at the end credits scene of 'Iron Man', anything is possble. I have a good feeling about 'The Incredible Hulk', the critics may not enjoy it, but the majority of us will indeed enjoy it.

Yea.. If we could get civil war.... wow... I would have a geekasm

Another question from a new comic book fan about character design:

Why is it that in some shots I see Captain America with wings above his ears, then in other shots they're gone? o_O'

It depends on what your reading. In main Marvel continuity he has wings. In Ultimate Marvel continuity, he doesn't.

It depends on what your reading. In main Marvel continuity he has wings. In Ultimate Marvel continuity, he doesn't.

Seeing as how the marvel movies usually get alot from the ultimate continuity, Captain will probably not have the wings.

Oh and that second Avengers picture dsnt have hulk in it, so no i dont like that one XD.

I know it doesn't, but it's a cover from the comics. Much, much better when compared to the crappy animated feature.

Regarding wat godzilla2000 said.... like I said a few posts ago marvel already came out and said that caps shield in ironman was nothin more than a easter egg for fans... nothin more

I've read several posts/blogs on the internet that says to the contrary. Here's one such link that quotes Kevin Feige himself stating it's Cap's shield. Another which I can't find right now stated it's all connected.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/05/23/the-first-avenger-captain-america-to-be-set-in-wwii/

I saw Iron Man a second time and yeah, I looked out for the shield scene and noted it was in a semi constructed or perhaps deconstructed. One rumour/suggestion suggests that Tony was examining it to help with the creation of his IM armour. Another rumour suggests tony's dad, who was a weapon manufacturer and the IM movie states he worked on the atom bomb in WWII, maybe was working on a prototype. I surmise he was, and then Cap went missing before completion so the shield stayed "in the family". The movie went through great lengths to show even a pic of Tony Stark's father, would it be a hoot if that same picture shows up later, but a wider angle and we see someone standing next to daddy Stark... wearing the familiar red/white/blue garb? :) I wouldn’t be surprised if the actor they used to play Howard Stark wasn’t already signed for the Captain America movie.

I'm just playing the guessing game but the point is, I doubt very much Marvel is just pleasing the fanboys. This is exactly what originally separated Marvel from the Distinguished Competition in the early days: they love tying everything in their Marvel Universe together. I say kudos to them for doing the same in their movies; it will certainly work for me.

Technically, I think you are correct, it is not Cap’s shield, but it was going to be before he disappeared. The fact that half the shield is missing hints at this. If it's just an easter eggs for the "fans", why have the shield appear with parts of it missing? If I’m planting little things for the fans, it would have been the complete shield, not go through all the trouble for a cute “deception”.

Loaf

I forgot where I read it but I could have sworn they said it was for fans...... maybe I just read it wrong... I like wat your sauin loaf... it makes sense

Seeing as how the marvel movies usually get alot from the ultimate continuity, Captain will probably not have the wings.

Oh and that second Avengers picture dsnt have hulk in it, so no i dont like that one XD.

the only thing the movies got from the Ultimate universe was Nick Fury...everything else is 616

Edit: Never mind

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"