Arrow Echo Kellum Cast as Curtis Holt/Mr. Terrific

Mister J

Enlightened to the Great Darkness
Staff member
Reaction score
Arrow Casts Mr. Terrific For Season 4
Echo Kellum has landed a recurring role on the upcoming season of Arrow, EW has learned exclusively.

The Ben and Kate alum will play Curtis Holt, aka Mr. Terrific. Holt is a technological savant and inventor who works at Palmer Technologies under the supervision of Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards).

In the comics, Mr. Terrific’s alter-ego is Michael Holt, an extremely intelligent Olympic-level athlete who joined the justice Society of America following the death of his wife and unborn child.

Kellum’s casting comes on the heels of Neal McDonough joining the series as new villain Damien Darhk. Kellum will first appear in episode 2.

Arrow returns Wednesday, Oct. 7 at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.
Glad to see the character... but, yeah why isn't his name Michael? :cmad:

I doubt they'll be going with the legacy aspect of the character... or make him the third smartest man in the world.

Same thing I'm wondering. I don't see how any of that is possible with him working under Felicity. And apparently he's going to be gay as well. Don't really get the change but I'm really excited for Mr. Terrific's appearance.

Could the name change be a typo or is this maybe a new character taking on the mantle?

I thought of it being a typo, but seeing as how they reference that he's named 'Michael' in the books, chances there seem slight.

Overall, it reads pretty much like a new character. Self-made millionaire, ****load of degrees, gold medal in the decathlon... done. Eh, push the technological ingenuity, give me some T-spheres and maybe a setup on Legends.

Mr. Terrific has all the makings of a badass so to see him reduced to an employee when he has his own company is...eh, whatever. Just think "Ultimate Marvel" and it works, I guess.

I am wondering why they made him gay. I assume so there won't be any sexual tension since he's working with Felicity or whatever and she's already got two love interests, but it just seems a little random.

I'm wondering too. It just seems very unnecessary but I keep reading everywhere "Curtis Holt" so maybe this isn't the exact same guy.

Looks like they created a new character and gave him an old character's superhero identity. Odd choice, but whatever.

This is the same thing they are doing with Firestorm for some reason. New charecter when you have the original(s) at your dispo6.

Hopefully they do make him a legacy with Michael as his father.

It's gonna be neat to see what kind of dynamic this character will bring to the cast.

I loved Echo on Ben and Kate so I hope he gets a chance to shine on this as well

I'm almost sure that Michael Holt will be a relative of his. Curtis will probably end up as cannon fodder in the long run setting up Michael to take on the Mr. Terrific alias. This show did the same thing with Black Canary.

Michael should just be his dad who was a colleague of Palmers and was creating the T-Spheres.

"Curtis is someone we started talking about [in the writers room] at the end of last year, out of a desire to fill in some gaps in terms of the cast and storytelling," executive producer Marc Guggenheim tells TV Insider. "[He] fills the same role Brandon [Routh] filled last year, [but] no one will compare the two. It is really a different performance than Brandon's."

AR403A_0003b.jpg

I feel liked he going nowhere with that plot line

I honestly forgot about Curtis already.

I always lol when i see how fast Curtis is able to braid his hair to become Mr.Terrific!

I always lol when i see how fast Curtis is able to braid his hair to become Mr.Terrific!

The Flash does it for him.

I like Curtis and I like that they gave him this unexpected role on the team. And I like how he is barely holding his own.

However, even with Rory and Evelyn gone, Oliver still has too many sidekicks. For this reason, and to keep Curtis interesting, I want the fact that he is wholly unsuitable for crime fighting in the field to blow up in his face more than it already has. Nothing that means getting written out of the show, but since the start of the season he has been an accident waiting to happen and I'll be disappointed if nothing comes of it.

I'd rather he leave the show and go be a hero elsewhere. Preferably somewhere where he's allowed to be competent. Which is to say, *not* Legends of Tomorrow.

If they made a "not really teen" Titans show, he'd be perfect there. If they made a "new JSA" show, that would be great, too.

I'd rather he leave the show and go be a hero elsewhere. Preferably somewhere where he's allowed to be competent. Which is to say, *not* Legends of Tomorrow.

If they made a "not really teen" Titans show, he'd be perfect there. If they made a "new JSA" show, that would be great, too.

I disagree. He is more interesting because he is not fully competent.

I want Curtis (and all the recruits) to stay on Arrow but they don't need to be permeant team members.

They could even have their own solo adventures either as full episode to themselves or arcs within the larger story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"