Edgar Wright forging ahead with script for Marvel’s Ant-Man

I hope to see some production on this project soon...

I wonder what route he'll take with the costume...

Ant-Man9.jpg

I'm going to get flamed to death for this, but I really think Ant Man and the Wasp may be the only superhero story that could be made as a touching romantic comedy. It has all the elements there:

- Female protagonist is a successful, fashionable career woman, who's smart enough to run a company but still pretty and prone to the occasional error
- Male protagonist is a geeky doofus, but lovable in his own way, and has a strange eccentric "hobby" that drives the plot
- An exotic world of wonder to explore: this time it's not Paris or Tuscany, but the everyday world we see, but in micronized form. Imagine their first romantic date: a picnic on a lily pad, or on top of a rose petal.

Anyway, I think they should do Ant-Man and the Wasp any which way. Hank can become the "science guy" should RDJ not want to return for Avengers 2.

That sounds more like a TV show than a movie, which I would not mind, as long as they also do a movie that would fit with the Avengers trend of the other MCU films.

If RDJ retires they'll just recast Iron Man.

Wright already indicated in Empire's 2006 interview that he envisions the film as like a crime thriller focusing on Scott Lang whose theft of Pym's technology leads to a team-up. I'd imagine Wasp would be a spunky sidekick and Ultron is the main villain.

Yeah but that was 2006, before the MCU was getting off the ground and Avengers was a reality. Things have likely changed a lot since that draft.

Nah, Ultron is too awesome for just those two to take on. He needs to be in Avengers 2 or 3.

A lower-tiered villain, like Living Laser, would be more suitable for the first film, if done right.

Or Whirlwind.. or both

Or Whirlwind.. or both

Is it strange that you and I basically just came up with the first two boss villains from the "Captain America and the Avengers" arcade game from 1991? :(

LOL
I didn't even remember that game, but now that you mention it yeah.
Thats the one that had the all white version of Vision, right?

White AND barefoot. You forgot the most important part.

I got my hands on a mame of that game a few years back and played it like crazy on my laptop. That one and the X-Men Children of the Atom. Good times.

I'm really looking forward to what they will do with this film...

Well Whirlwind makes sense since he was one of Pym's early villians & he always had a stalker like fixation with the Wasp.

Found this on google ...not really fond of it as is but with some work could look cool, what is this from?

AntMan-Armor.jpg

I'd like an updated version of his classic costume.

antman1.jpg

Found this on google ...not really fond of it as is but with some work could look cool, what is this from?

AntMan-Armor.jpg

I don't know what that's from but it looks reminiscent of that horrible 90s Avengers cartoon where everyone's costume was redesigned with armor parts to make it more kid friendly. That looks awful. The other picture you posted is much better.

Also I don't see Fillion as Hank Pym. He never was that charismatic or humourous.

I don't know what that's from but it looks reminiscent of that horrible 90s Avengers cartoon where everyone's costume was redesigned with armor parts to make it more kid friendly. That looks awful. The other picture you posted is much better.

Also I don't see Fillion as Hank Pym. He never was that charismatic or humourous.
It's Eric Ogrady, the third Ant Man from Irredeemable Ant Man. I don't see Batemen or Fillion as good Pyms, certainly not end all be all contenders...

this is just an idea i fell in love with when i first heard joss whedon was doing the avengers movie but...Neil Patrick Harris for ant man (him and whedon worked together to amazing effect in doctor horrible's sing a long blog), i don't care if its perfect casting or not, i just love the actor and want to see him in something big lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"