The Official: Edgar Wright News/Ant-Man Update Thread.

With all the hoopla surrounding the mixing and matching of characters now among Marvel's movies within the studio,anyone think Hank Pym will get name dropped somewhere in Hulk or Iron Man?

Wake up people...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/4285.asp

"It could be that. I finished the script and I'm having a meeting about it next week, but it depends which comes first in the queue basically. I've been working on two at once, and I'm also about to start developing two more scripts, one of which is with Simon (Pegg). It could be Scott Pilgrim [Scott Prilgrim’s Precious Little Life] is next or it could be Ant Man, we shall see."
Dr. Henry “Hank” Pym, a scientist in the Marvel Universe, discovered “Pym particles,” rare sub-atomic particles that allowed him to alter his size. Pym used his size-changing powers and his ability to communicate and control insects to fight crime as a solo adventurer and as a member of the Avengers.

Ant-Man was tentatively slated for a 2008 release, but may be pused back to 2009 or beyond.

Hell yeah! I know this character is not that big of a deal to most in the comics but I can see how visually stunning this film can be and with Edgar's mind behind it...it's gonna be damn fun.

Both Paul and Scott Pilgrim (Little Life) projects seem like shifty Antman stuff (although a bit of a strecth), but Im kinda tired of all that backdoor/encryption stuff.

Marvel has to get the next film on their slate started before the end of the year. They have an extension for the initial funding until this September. I also don't think the SAG strike will happen since the WGA and DGA have been settled. Soooo Thor & Ant-Man look to be the next to films from Marvel Studios. After that is likely Nick Fury and Captain America, and then hopefully the Daredevil reboot.

Dont push it. Fast traking projects was the problem in the first place

Marvel has to get the next film on their slate started before the end of the year. They have an extension for the initial funding until this September. I also don't think the SAG strike will happen since the WGA and DGA have been settled. Soooo Thor & Ant-Man look to be the next to films from Marvel Studios. After that is likely Nick Fury and Captain America, and then hopefully the Daredevil reboot.

I definately hope Ant-Man is next!

No it's not gonna be a spoof of itself though with Edgar behind it I know where he's getting at. Of course there will be comedy throughout it.

According to AINTITCOOL Michael Cera is in final negotiations to play Scott Pilgrim. Good news for that film, but it's looking like Ant-Man will be the film that will have to wait :(

No matter though: Edgar Wright + Michael Cera + Comic Book movie (even though it isn't Ant-Man) = WIN.

Well yep it looks like this one is starting up in the Fall which means Ant-Man couldn't start filming until Maybe early to mid 2009 for a 2010 release. I pray they can get Thor going first.

I really like Wright's idea of doing a half-and-half story between Hank Pym and Scott Lang, but I have to wonder how that might (negatively) affect the Avengers movie. Plus, no Wasp...?

I really like Wright's idea of doing a half-and-half story between Hank Pym and Scott Lang, but I have to wonder how that might (negatively) affect the Avengers movie. Plus, no Wasp...?

As long as they both survive, I dont see a problem.

I'd guess Lang would Ant-Man by the end, so depending on who ends up in the Avengers movies, Pym could be Goliath or Yellowjacket.

As long as they both survive, I dont see a problem.

I'd guess Lang would Ant-Man by the end, so depending on who ends up in the Avengers movies, Pym could be Goliath or Yellowjacket.

But the idea, as I understand it, is that Pym's half of the movie would occur in the 60s. That would make him an old man if he's in the Avengers.

But the idea, as I understand it, is that Pym's half of the movie would occur in the 60s. That would make him an old man if he's in the Avengers.

Really? Havent heard that. Guess Lang will be on the Avengers than. Is it that big of a stretch?

Well yep it looks like this one is starting up in the Fall which means Ant-Man couldn't start filming until Maybe early to mid 2009 for a 2010 release. I pray they can get Thor going first.

Yeah, jesus it's starting to look like they may not be getting ANY movie out for 2009 at all. I suppose there's also the possibility that they could replace the director of one of their projects, but that would suck so hard. Both Edgar Wright and Matthew Vaughn fit like a glove for Ant-Man and Thor, respectively.

Yeah, jesus it's starting to look like they may not be getting ANY movie out for 2009 at all. I suppose there's also the possibility that they could replace the director of one of their projects, but that would suck so hard. Both Edgar Wright and Matthew Vaughn fit like a glove for Ant-Man and Thor, respectively.
They'd at least be able to keep his script, though, which I'm sure will be quality.

The Pym/60s/Lang/present concept is one of the most unique and potentially interesting premises for any of the superhero movies being produced, so I'm really interested (a lot more than I'd be if it was just a straightforward single hero project).

These projects are too big to start filming and be completed before SAG strike. Sooooo...let them move onto smaller projects while scripts and budgets are being worked out. Replacing the director won't change a thing because they won't start filming.

These projects are too big to start filming and be completed before SAG strike. Sooooo...let them move onto smaller projects while scripts and budgets are being worked out. Replacing the director won't change a thing because they won't start filming.

Ah yes, forgot about that little detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"