Marvel Movie News & ANT-MAN

R&B

Civilian
Reaction score
according to
http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=7944

Iron Man sounds OK, Mandarin and all, plus Iron Man teaser 2008 movie poster

Ant-Man might be a problem with me as the main character will not be Henry Pym but more the Scott Lang :down
Wright insisted it was too early in development to say very much definitively about the plot, but he does intend for the film to feature both Henry Pym and Scott Lang. Ant-Man's origin is not the story Wright is interested in telling. Rather, it is Wright's intention to focus on Scott Lang's progression from criminal to unlikely hero
I'm not paying a cent to see Scott Lang as the Ant-Man, it's either Jack Kirby's Henry Pym or no Ant-Man at all for me; I'm scratching this one off my movie list definitively

Captain America, bring it on

Thor, never too soon for me

Eventually The Avengers, now who would want to see that, MEEEEEEEEEE!

Yeah, i wish it were henry pym too. guess i'll have to wait till previews come out. Anyway, great to hear Iron Man is getting done now. I hope they pick actors who could come back for possible sequels.

Ant Man doesn't need his own movie. At all.

Ben Urich said:
Ant Man doesn't need his own movie. At all.
well certainly not like this anyway, a small budget Henry Pym & Wasp Ant-Man movie I would have seen, but a movie focusing on Scott Lang, no thanks; in that case they should drop the Ant-Man film and just focus on the Big Three, and keep Pym for the Avengers

Damn them all....Pym is one of my favorite Marvel characters (probably because he's nobody else's, lol) and when an Ant Man movie arises, he gets shafted!

...that sucks.

I like Pym. THough I have to say that the Ultimate version makes him dark and creapy. As long as they stay away from that all is good.

It is Ant-Man. Not going to get too upset here.

Ant-Man... Ant-Man, the movie... they could be doing Runaways, but instead... Ant-Man. *sigh* it boggles the mind.

R&B said:

well certainly not like this anyway, a small budget Henry Pym & Wasp Ant-Man movie I would have seen, but a movie focusing on Scott Lang, no thanks; in that case they should drop the Ant-Man film and just focus on the Big Three, and keep Pym for the Avengers

Couldn't have said it better myself. This is actually disapointing news.

Nothing wrong with an Ant Man movie. Lord knows Ant Man could use some recognition other than ''that guy that beat on his wife''

A thief who uses super tech to steal? Then he becomes a hero? I might check it out.

Sabretooth said:
Nothing wrong with an Ant Man movie. Lord knows Ant Man could use some recognition other than ''that guy that beat on his wife''

How about "The Mad Scientist Who Created Ultron"?

Wow...Why all the Scott Lang Hate.

I love the Idea.

Open with Pym as the established hero,

Enter Lang....who steals the suit for his own gain

He becomes a hero

Pym is the older wiser hero guide

Then this intriduced Pym and established him as an established hero for him to be Giant-man and found the Avengers.

Pym is smarter and created that tech. He's not some friggin Q to Scott's James Blonde.

I don't hate Lang....I'm just a huge Pym fan.

Hopefully Pym will appear in SOME movie (Avengers, please) as Giant Man. If utilized right, Giant Man could (and should) be as powerful as some of the biggest Marvel characters.

Really I don't get the Ant-man movie. I mean is he really popular enough. Has he ever actually had his own title?

There are other characters I would prefer to see get their own movies instead of Ant-man, especially since Pym seems to be more of a minor role.

Pym is over looked in lots of things. Not only did they make him an unlikable wife beater in the new Ultimate titles but now he gets the short end of the stick with the movie. I just hope he gets some love somewhere.

Mrh7448 said:
Really I don't get the Ant-man movie. I mean is he really popular enough. Has he ever actually had his own title?

There are other characters I would prefer to see get their own movies instead of Ant-man, especially since Pym seems to be more of a minor role.
Most people didn't even know who Blade was before his movies,and look where he's at now.

It is stupid movies like F'N Ant Man, Wear Wolf By Night, and Shang Chi, and Black Widow that may do Marvel in. Morons. This angers me because this will hurt future films of the real stars such as Thor, Cap, Namor, and so on.

What's the rush? It isn't a race about which property comes in theaters first.

Red Mask said:
How about "The Mad Scientist Who Created Ultron"?
That connection with this genius Dr Pym creating a very innocent at first Ultron robot as a sideline hobby in the movie would have been an awesome way to open up the door for future Avengers films and see the evolution years after

But all Marvel wants is that dumb knock-off Scott Lang

Next they'll do USAgent War Machine & CowFace as the Avengers

Am I the only one who thinks Ant-Man the movie....IS A REALLY BAD IDEA. Seriously I always laughed at the character in the comic books....do you think audiences are going to go see Ant-Man: The Movie? I smell a bomb.

On a side note it looks like they are setting the seeds for an Avengers movie with Cap America, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor and now Ant-Man all under one roof (the one with the biggest chance of being a hit IMO will be Iron Man though).

Thor will be the best if they handle it correctly. Make the first couple take place on Vahala and make them epic, then the thrid where he comes to earth and joins the avengers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"