Elden Ring

Hopefully this isn’t the only DLC for this game; for me personally, PvP isn’t really something I’m into. But damn if they don’t make it look epic AF in that trailer.

Beat this a few days ago, really enjoyed it, the exploration and weapon and spell variety were all a lot of fun, and for the most part the challenge was really engaging until the last couple bosses. Malenia was just too hard for me to have fun fighting her (waterfowl dance has to be one of the most BS moves I've ever seen in a boss fight) and I ended up having to summon another player to help, and Elden Beast constantly teleporting to the opposite end of the arena every time I got close to it was beyond annoying (EB would have much less annoying if I didn't have to go through the pushover Radagon fight every single time, or if they would let us use Torrent). Overall of the three FS games I've played so far I enjoyed this more than Demon's Souls, but not as much as Bloodborne. Wish we'd gotten a DLC announcement yesterday, would love to explore this world more.

Last edited:
Congrats on GotY!

It deserves all the accolades. Not only for being a fantastic game but also for making this sub-genre of RPG so mainstream. Gamers who had never been able to get past the first boss in a Souls game (raises hand) got so engaged by Elden Ring that they played it until they beat it. That’s pretty wild given how hard it is.

Also, huge shoutout to MissMikka, who not only beat all of Elden Ring with a dance pad, but is now doing so again while ALSO beating another ER playthrough with a controller. She has to be the Greatest Of All Time. Truly amazing.

Yeah, I own the game and ain't no way in hell I'll be able to beat this. For me this is the video game equivalent of a gym membership on January 1st. :o

Yeah, I own the game and ain't no way in hell I'll be able to beat this. For me this is the video game equivalent of a gym membership on January 1st. :o

I honestly felt the same way when I started playing it (if you go back a couple pages in this thread, you’ll see some posts where I said there was no way I would ever beat it) but it gets easier the more you play it. If you don’t mind rune farming for hours, you can turn yourself into a tank. Don’t get me wrong; you can still get killed but you won’t get destroyed regularly. Also, dodging becomes second nature with more gameplay.

I honestly felt the same way when I started playing it (if you go back a couple pages in this thread, you’ll see some posts where I said there was no way I would ever beat it) but it gets easier the more you play it. If you don’t mind rune farming for hours, you can turn yourself into a tank. Don’t get me wrong; you can still get killed but you won’t get destroyed regularly. Also, dodging becomes second nature with more gameplay.
I actually covered a decent amount of ground in the game but Margit the Fell Omen has been my white whale at the moment. I almost beat him and I would have if I had remembered to replenish my health before he got me when he had a millimeter left on his life bar. :wall:

I actually covered a decent amount of ground in the game but Margit the Fell Omen has been my white whale at the moment. I almost beat him and I would have if I had remembered to replenish my health before he got me when he had a millimeter left on his life bar. :wall:

If you use the transporter trap that’s not far from where the game starts, it will take you to a tunnel in Caelid that isn’t far from the Scarlet Rot Dog summons. Once you have that, you can use it to attack Margit and then you can just stay away from him until his life bar disappears. It’s how I got through some of the toughest early game enemies (Margit, Agheel, Godrick).

If you use the transporter trap that’s not far from where the game starts, it will take you to a tunnel in Caelid that isn’t far from the Scarlet Rot Dog summons. Once you have that, you can use it to attack Margit and then you can just stay away from him until his life bar disappears. It’s how I got through some of the toughest early game enemies (Margit, Agheel, Godrick).
I've been using the Lone wolf summon with the Rogier summon outside the area. Most of the time they help me get Margit down to half health before they all start to die. I'll check out the Scarlet Rot Dog to sub in for the wolves. Thanks for the tip! :up:

I've been using the Lone wolf summon with the Rogier summon outside the area. Most of the time they help me get Margit down to half health before they all start to die. I'll check out the Scarlet Rot Dog to sub in for the wolves. Thanks for the tip! :up:

No problem. Yeah, scarlet rot is a real difference maker early on. Once you get the scarlet rot dragon incantation, you can just blast Radahn with it twice and easily take him out.

Another good summon against Margit is the Jellyfish. Its very tanky and its ranged poison attacks will keep Margit distracted.

For those who have beaten the game and taken on all the bosses, which one do you think was the absolute hardest? The default answer is Malenia but I actually had more trouble with the Elden Beast because so much of that fight is just running after him when he ducks under the water and reappears really far away. Although the first time I faced him, I didn’t have the Bolt of Gransax. I picked it up in NG+ and so the second fight with him was way easier because I could just spear him from like a mile away.

Malekith was also the worst. During my first playthrough, he almost made me quit the game. Placidusax was tough but I didn’t have as much trouble with him as others did.

For those who have beaten the game and taken on all the bosses, which one do you think was the absolute hardest? The default answer is Malenia but I actually had more trouble with the Elden Beast because so much of that fight is just running after him when he ducks under the water and reappears really far away. Although the first time I faced him, I didn’t have the Bolt of Gransax. I picked it up in NG+ and so the second fight with him was way easier because I could just spear him from like a mile away.

Malekith was also the worst. During my first playthrough, he almost made me quit the game. Placidusax was tough but I didn’t have as much trouble with him as others did.

They all became fairly manageable once I got the Mimic Tear, especially with Rivers of Blood at the time lol

They all became fairly manageable once I got the Mimic Tear, especially with Rivers of Blood at the time lol

Yeah the Mimic Tear definitely makes the game a lot more manageable. Funny thing; I actually MISSED the Mimic Tear ashes the first time I went through Nokron. I think because there are some many random chests in that area that you can’t open, I just mistook that treasure chest for one of those. It wasn’t until much later in the game that I realized my error and I had to go back and do all the ledge jumps and ball dodges again to get it. Totally worth it though. I don’t really use any other ashes. I’ve used Tiche and the Puppets in the PvP arenas a bit but Mimic Tear is the GOAT for boss battles. Especially after you get the Sacred Relic Sword.

Man, I really tried with this game. I badly wanted this to be the Fromsoft game that got me. Played it for a few days and I just don't enjoy it. The environments are beautiful, and I like my double jumping steed, but I can't get on with the gameplay. Too punishing. I get that the satisfaction comes from overcoming the challenge. Not for me though. Feels clunky. Kinda wish I could just roam the map when all the beasties are asleep, heh.

I think one of the things that puts me off the From games is the sense that. . . basically, your rules are not their rules. If nothing else, you are the only thing in the whole world that ever seems to be made of glass, and this never *really* changes substantially. I know that game design is often heavily about 'cheating', but I like at least the *illusion* that the opponents are using the same system as I am.

When is the DLC coming?!?!?!

frustration-reactions.gif

Man, I really tried with this game. I badly wanted this to be the Fromsoft game that got me. Played it for a few days and I just don't enjoy it. The environments are beautiful, and I like my double jumping steed, but I can't get on with the gameplay. Too punishing. I get that the satisfaction comes from overcoming the challenge. Not for me though. Feels clunky. Kinda wish I could just roam the map when all the beasties are asleep, heh.

Sorry you didn’t end up enjoying it. I do get where you’re coming from; part of me wishes there were at least a few more settlements sprinkled across the map that you could visit and converse with NPCs rather than just solitary merchants here and there. That might make it feel like you can take a breather here and there and enjoy the world they’ve created rather than having to constantly watch out for things that are trying to murder you. But I guess that’s not FromSoft’s style. I feel like my dream fantasy RPG game would be something as huge and immersive as Skyrim but with the gameplay of Elden Ring.

When is the DLC coming?!?!?!

frustration-reactions.gif

LOL I’m feeling this way too. I keep wasting time listening to YouTuber’s analysis on when (and if) the DLC might come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"