Dragon Age 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman

Daffy Duck Vs The Joker
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread for this but please merge if there is one. I'm looking forward to fully completing everything on the 1st 2. Not sure how the multiplayer will work but could be interesting.

Dragon Age 3 Plot, Multiplayer and Concept Art Revealed?

BioWare is polling select fans about Dragon Age 3 with a survey that reveals a whole load of information on the game, say the latest reports.
As well as potential names and plot details, the survey also purports to reveal multiplayer information for the as-yet-unannounced title.
Before you read any more it should be noted that the information below does not represent an official announcement and as such should be treated with a pinch of salt.
According to a summary of the survey, you will play as either a warrior, a mage, or a thief and engage in either direct combat on the battlefield, or political warfare via spies that you can send out to gather information.
There are also a couple of plot synopses providing overlapping details on the game’s storyline. “The great nation of Orlais, the most powerful empire in Dragon Age, tears itself apart in civil war,” says one.
“The stout men and women of Ferelden struggle to recover and reclaim their nation from the horde of vile Darkspawn that lay waste to its lands a decade ago. The Templar order has broken away, claiming the church has become too lax in policing the dangerous powers of the mages. The Mage circleshave rebelled, believing the Templars have become too strict, too zealous in their duties, and too quick to slaughter those who step out of line.
“The world of Dragon Age is one on the brink of collapse, and when a desperate gathering in the name of peace becomes the epicentre of a magical blast that decimates the Chantry's leadership, it becomes clear that someone or something is manipulating events to drive the world into chaos.
“From the ashes of that explosion, something new rises: The Inquisition. As the Inquisitor, it falls to you to build up your power and martial your forces, uncover secrets and build connections across the world. You must explore forgotten spaces, uncover ancient mysteries and uproot those who would destroy the fabric of the world."
Meanwhile, another survery translated from German says: “A portal between the worlds unleashes hords of demons in the land, civil wars rip apart nations and the corruption is limitless. Someone is behind the shadows, drawing the threads which destroy the world. Time has come for the Inquisition.”
“Take the Inquisitor’s cloak and lead the only force able of bringing light into the darkness. Choose the direct method and gather your armies, send spies into the shadows or engage in a political war, make friends and use your connections indirectly: it is up to you how you lead the inquisition.”
“But you’ll have to take lead of it from the beginning. Make your player a rogue, warrior or mage and set up your crew from up to ten complex companions to lead them against those who attack you by systematically spying on, revealing and destroying them.”
A number of different subtitles for Dragon Age 3 were suggested in the survey too, with recipients asked to choose their favourite. Those names were The Breach, Exarch, Inquisition, Inquisitor and Apocrypha.
References to online and co-op modes were also made in the survey, alongside concept art revealing the look of several potential companions. You can find the concept art below.
[via NeoGaf and BioWare Social forums]

if any of that is true, it already sounds way more interesting than DA 2.

I'd love to be able to play as a Mage Inquisitor!!

I wonder if we will get to choose our race again, or if we are limited to just human ala DA 2.

also, if we are to have a "predetermined role" as the head of the Inquisition, I hope we will be able to choose our background like we could in ME.

like, did you come from a commoner's farm house, were you a slave, or perhaps from an Orlesian noble family.........stuff like that......

however, a part of me feels that description is too good to be true and the whole thing is fake...........

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the only really interesting part:

or political warfare via spies that you can send out to gather information.

Needless to say, after Dragon Age II I will wait for plenty of reviews and player impressions before even considering purchasing this game.

^ yeah, I was so hyped for DA 2.........and it was such a huge letdown.

which is why, as good as this new "info" sounds about DA 3, I'm reminding myself to not get too excited lest it turns out to be fake and the real thing is much less interesting......

one thing I hope they remove is the weapon-class restrictions they put in DA 2.

I also hope they bring back some kind of combat/melee oriented mage specialization, like Arcane Warrior (or something similar).

especially if the info of the main character being the head Inquisitor turns out to be true. even if you are a mage, it wouldn't be too unreasonable to think that you had some kind of martial/combat training. so, it wouldn't be as unusual if you are a mage who is proficient at sword-fighting.

Bioware, I have some advice for you on making DA: III

Yes

Hmvje.png

No

0GhYO.jpg

See, its that simple.

one thing I hope they remove is the weapon-class restrictions they put in DA 2.

I also hope they bring back some kind of combat/melee oriented mage specialization, like Arcane Warrior (or something similar).

especially if the info of the main character being the head Inquisitor turns out to be true. even if you are a mage, it wouldn't be too unreasonable to think that you had some kind of martial/combat training. so, it wouldn't be as unusual if you are a mage who is proficient at sword-fighting.
Yeah I always go the battlemage route if I can. Don't mind being weaker at both, just love having that versatility.

I loved the original DA but I didn't think it had a lot of replay value so I sold my copy back to Gamestop. Unfortunately I missed out on the Morrigan DLC...the character I was most interested in.

Never played DA2 after that. Didn't hear very good reviews so I spent my time and money elsewhere.

I'm conflicted about DA3. If it gets positive reviews I would like to return to this world but I don't really want to play through DA2 first since so many consider it a bad game.

I'm sure they will provide incentives for those who have completed the DAO and DA2. but, I'm sure they will also make DA3 accessible to those who have not played the prior DA games.

I loved DAO, but I could not get into DA2.......so I have no desire to play the 2nd game, either.

I plan to start DA3 from a fresh state.

right now, the whole Inquisition storyline angle has me interested. but, I worry that all that info was false and the real thing will be far less interesting......

I'm convinced this can't be any worse than DA2.,..therefore it will be good.

Agreed, its the only BW game I own that I've played only once through.

The only reason I am not totally pessimistic is the DA2 DLC's were substantially better than the main game. If those had been representative of 2 my 6/10 rating would likely have turned into an 8.5 so I'm interested to see where they take this and how they apply those lessons.

I'm also glad they haven't officially announced this yet, DA2 being out barely over a year after Origins was a huge part of the problems with that game, its already been over a year and so far no announcement so hopefully that means Fall/Winter 2013.

Last edited:
The one and only thing that gives me even the slightest sliver of hope for Dragon Age III is that Bioware has been as self-deprecating about DA2 as their PR will allow. They know it was ****. Hopefully they know how to make it right.

Also, a 6/10 is way too generous. :o

The game turned on man and made it completion, so a lot of points came from that. :p

Dragon Age II. Worst sequel ever? Could be.

58162010151148928619367.jpg

So here's what I can confirm for now:
  • The next game will be called Dragon Age III: Inquisition.
  • We won't be talking about the story of the game today. Though you can make some guesses from the title.
  • This game is being made by a lot of the same team that has been working on Dragon Age since Dragon Age: Origins. It's composed of both experienced BioWare veterans and talented new developers.
  • We are working on a new engine which we believe will allow us to deliver a more expansive world, better visuals, more reactivity to player choices, and more customization. At PAX East, we talked about armor and followers… Yeah, that kind of customization. We've started with Frostbite 2 from DICE as a foundation to accomplish this.
Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Last edited:
Nice way to announce a game I suppose.

Interested in seeing what they do with the Frostbite engine.

great!!

so, it sounds like that leaked info is most likely true, and we will be playing as the Head Inquisitor or whatever...........

I'm so sad I already made the obvious Monty Python joke. :(

Great news!!

I'm still only 20% of the way through Dragon Age 1. What are the problems with DA2? I know nearly everyone seems to hate that game.

I just find it totally and completely mediocre, especially coming off of Origins.

There's nothing egregiously wrong with it per se aside from re-using the same level maps over and over again but its just a complete meh fest.

what I didn't like was the weapon restrictions they placed on the classes.

also, I missed the cool kill animations they had in Origins.

Despite my problems with DA2 and ME3, Bioware could still potentially win me over with this one. I've still got a bit of faith in them.

Or if they made an HD remake of Jade Empire, then I'd totally love them again.

Despite my problems with DA2 and ME3, Bioware could still potentially win me over with this one. I've still got a bit of faith in them.

Or if they made an HD remake of Jade Empire, then I'd totally love them again.

^ this + HD remakes of KOTOR 1+2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"