Dragon Age 3

Discussion in 'Misc. and Multiplatform Games' started by Iceman, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Didn't see a thread for this but please merge if there is one. I'm looking forward to fully completing everything on the 1st 2. Not sure how the multiplayer will work but could be interesting.

2. X Knight Straight Edge

if any of that is true, it already sounds way more interesting than DA 2.

I'd love to be able to play as a Mage Inquisitor!!

I wonder if we will get to choose our race again, or if we are limited to just human ala DA 2.

also, if we are to have a "predetermined role" as the head of the Inquisition, I hope we will be able to choose our background like we could in ME.

like, did you come from a commoner's farm house, were you a slave, or perhaps from an Orlesian noble family.........stuff like that......

however, a part of me feels that description is too good to be true and the whole thing is fake...........

#2 X Knight, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited by moderator : Aug 20, 2012
  3. Soapy Registered

This is the only really interesting part:

Needless to say, after Dragon Age II I will wait for plenty of reviews and player impressions before even considering purchasing this game.

4. X Knight Straight Edge

^ yeah, I was so hyped for DA 2.........and it was such a huge letdown.

which is why, as good as this new "info" sounds about DA 3, I'm reminding myself to not get too excited lest it turns out to be fake and the real thing is much less interesting......

5. Joined:
    Dec 8, 2009
    Don't worry about that. It'll probably be f2p.

6. X Knight Straight Edge

one thing I hope they remove is the weapon-class restrictions they put in DA 2.

I also hope they bring back some kind of combat/melee oriented mage specialization, like Arcane Warrior (or something similar).

especially if the info of the main character being the head Inquisitor turns out to be true. even if you are a mage, it wouldn't be too unreasonable to think that you had some kind of martial/combat training. so, it wouldn't be as unusual if you are a mage who is proficient at sword-fighting.

7. Floppity Yeah B**** Magnets!

Bioware, I have some advice for you on making DA: III

Yes

[​IMG]

No

[​IMG]

See, its that simple.

8. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yeah I always go the battlemage route if I can. Don't mind being weaker at both, just love having that versatility.

9. Upset Spideyfan Look on the bright side

10. Samwise Gamgee Registered

I loved the original DA but I didn't think it had a lot of replay value so I sold my copy back to Gamestop. Unfortunately I missed out on the Morrigan DLC...the character I was most interested in.

Never played DA2 after that. Didn't hear very good reviews so I spent my time and money elsewhere.

I'm conflicted about DA3. If it gets positive reviews I would like to return to this world but I don't really want to play through DA2 first since so many consider it a bad game.

11. X Knight Straight Edge

I'm sure they will provide incentives for those who have completed the DAO and DA2. but, I'm sure they will also make DA3 accessible to those who have not played the prior DA games.

I loved DAO, but I could not get into DA2.......so I have no desire to play the 2nd game, either.

I plan to start DA3 from a fresh state.

right now, the whole Inquisition storyline angle has me interested. but, I worry that all that info was false and the real thing will be far less interesting......

12. Destructus86 Registered

I'm convinced this can't be any worse than DA2.,..therefore it will be good.

13. Upset Spideyfan Look on the bright side

Agreed, its the only BW game I own that I've played only once through.

The only reason I am not totally pessimistic is the DA2 DLC's were substantially better than the main game. If those had been representative of 2 my 6/10 rating would likely have turned into an 8.5 so I'm interested to see where they take this and how they apply those lessons.

I'm also glad they haven't officially announced this yet, DA2 being out barely over a year after Origins was a huge part of the problems with that game, its already been over a year and so far no announcement so hopefully that means Fall/Winter 2013.

#13 Upset Spideyfan, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  14. Soapy Registered

The one and only thing that gives me even the slightest sliver of hope for Dragon Age III is that Bioware has been as self-deprecating about DA2 as their PR will allow. They know it was ****. Hopefully they know how to make it right.

Also, a 6/10 is way too generous. :o

15. Upset Spideyfan Look on the bright side

The game turned on man and made it completion, so a lot of points came from that. :p

16. Spuzz The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

Dragon Age II. Worst sequel ever? Could be.

17. Dark_Lord Dark Lord of the Sith

[​IMG]

So here's what I can confirm for now:
    • The next game will be called Dragon Age III: Inquisition.
    • We won't be talking about the story of the game today. Though you can make some guesses from the title.
    • This game is being made by a lot of the same team that has been working on Dragon Age since Dragon Age: Origins. It's composed of both experienced BioWare veterans and talented new developers.
    • We are working on a new engine which we believe will allow us to deliver a more expansive world, better visuals, more reactivity to player choices, and more customization. At PAX East, we talked about armor and followers… Yeah, that kind of customization. We've started with Frostbite 2 from DICE as a foundation to accomplish this.
    Dragon Age III: Inquisition

#17 Dark_Lord, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  18. Upset Spideyfan Look on the bright side

Nice way to announce a game I suppose.

Interested in seeing what they do with the Frostbite engine.

19. X Knight Straight Edge

great!!

so, it sounds like that leaked info is most likely true, and we will be playing as the Head Inquisitor or whatever...........

20. Upset Spideyfan Look on the bright side

I'm so sad I already made the obvious Monty Python joke. :(

21. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Great news!!

I'm still only 20% of the way through Dragon Age 1. What are the problems with DA2? I know nearly everyone seems to hate that game.

22. Upset Spideyfan Look on the bright side

I just find it totally and completely mediocre, especially coming off of Origins.

There's nothing egregiously wrong with it per se aside from re-using the same level maps over and over again but its just a complete meh fest.

23. X Knight Straight Edge

what I didn't like was the weapon restrictions they placed on the classes.

also, I missed the cool kill animations they had in Origins.

24. Wolfwood Shasta McNasty

Despite my problems with DA2 and ME3, Bioware could still potentially win me over with this one. I've still got a bit of faith in them.

Or if they made an HD remake of Jade Empire, then I'd totally love them again.

25. X Knight Straight Edge

^ this + HD remakes of KOTOR 1+2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.