Elderly couple hits $254 million jackpot

and whats worst is that they are proberbly going to donate most of it to the local church.

I'd like to be the dude mowing their lawns and stuff, gimme some bonuses you sweet old couple! their kids are like in their 60s

Damn, what's a guy gotta do to win the lottery nowadays?

It's always these people out in the boonies that win these things. No electricity, no motor car, out in Butt****, USA. Geez.

50's... and they have grandkids and greatgrandkids... set up a scholarship fund!!!

Bet their grandkids are pleased only a few more years til its theirs

And just what is wrong with charity?

Nothing. Charity is good to have. Wish more people donated to charity.

But chuches nowadays focus less on using said money to help the community and more on making their church bigger. Nothing against religion. I think it's a good thing. But what's up with churches trying to build up their buildings higher than their "competition's" churches. What, if you build a church high enough to the heavens than you automatically get in?

^ teddy is correct

There should be an age limit on who can buy a lottery ticket.
From 18 to...69, maybe older.

But chuches nowadays focus less on using said money to help the community and more on making their church bigger. Nothing against religion. I think it's a good thing. But what's up with churches trying to build up their buildings higher than their "competition's" churches. What, if you build a church high enough to the heavens than you automatically get in?

Churches have always done that since the Gothic era.

They want to be closer to good.
I guess they haven't read the story of the tower of Babel.:o

can you imagine the amount of bingo cards they could buy

damnit it aint fair..i need it more then they do

I know. But does that make it right?

Isn't that what I basically just said?

Moving on.

Anybody got this couple's address? I think I'm going to pay them a "visit".
No..That wasn't what you said.
I said they were going against the wishes of their own book and God, you just said that they were in a competiton.

I know. But does that make it right?

To tell you the truth, I really don't see the harm in it. Could the money be put somewhere better, of course. But it really isn't hurting anyone or anything to make a mere church bigger. It's just a building.

I was also thinking that

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"