Daredevil Elodie Yung IS Elektra!

Wow, great news that Elektra has been cast. She definitely looks the part IMO. I hope she has great chemistry with Charlie!

Well she looks far more like Elektra than Jennifer Garner did. But she seems a bit on the Asian side rather than Greek side. Was there not a more European girl?

I take it she will be in Season 2.

She was one of those who auditioned for Wonder Woman. I'm glad Gal Gadot got the role though.

They better give Elektra a decent costume. None of this waiting 13 episodes before she appears in anything like the classic outfit. And it needs to have the flowing ribbons. It could be a red version of Daisy Ridley's outfit in The Force Awakens:

Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-Daisy-Ridley.jpg

I think the comic book costume would need some redesigns, it seems like in the comics, it doesn't quite cover her rear end. I do think toning down some the stripperific costumes from the comics is a good idea.

Last edited:
I think the comic book costume would some redesigns, it seems like in the comics, it doesn't quite cover her rear end. I do think toning down some the stripperific costumes from the comics is a good idea.

Mmm... I did a manip a while back that makes it a little more comic like while covering up a bit too.
tumblr_nn8k9vvcPz1qg0x0mo2_r1_540.png

They made such a fuss about damage and protection in season 1 I'm not sure how they can just turn around and have her in robes while the Punisher is around.

They made such a fuss about damage and protection in season 1 I'm not sure how they can just turn around and have her in robes while the Punisher is around.

Well, it's a starting point. And if you look at the Hand ninja in the first season, he didn't have much protection, so why do you think she would?

Mmm... I did a manip a while back that makes it a little more comic like while covering up a bit too.
tumblr_nn8k9vvcPz1qg0x0mo2_r1_540.png

I think this would be a good compromise, or something which is a cross between this and her GI Joe uniform. It would look close enough to the comics while covering her up a little more and not having her ass showing. Not that I mind that. :o

What I don't want is something like Jennifer Garner's outfits, either from the Elektra movie or the DD movie.

Not who I was hoping for but Marvel's casting is usually very good so hopefully this will be another success.

I don't know about that.

They hired a known martial artist straight away.

Otherwise, they could have hired a different actress and "trained her up" as it were.

Agreed, I have no idea if she is any good at acting as I can't remember if she had any lines in Gi Joe 2, but she is good at fight scenes and her casting would suggest she will be heavily involved in the season 2 action.

Awesome! She was completely badass in G.I. Joe Retaliation.

Eurasian blackbelt babe? Marvel...You are really good at this.

Not who I was hoping for but Marvel's casting is usually very good so hopefully this will be another success.

Agreed, I have no idea if she is any good at acting as I can't remember if she had any lines in Gi Joe 2, but she is good at fight scenes and her casting would suggest she will be heavily involved in the season 2 action.

Who were you hoping for?

I was hoping for someone else. Not sure who, but not Elodie, and not Sofia Boutella. Didn't like the idea of Katrina Law either.

Who were you hoping for?

I was hoping for someone else. Not sure who, but not Elodie, and not Sofia Boutella. Didn't like the idea of Katrina Law either.

Stana Katic was my choice. I am confident Marvel tested Elodie thoroughly though as their casting record it superb.

Stana Katic is probably too old for Charlie Cox though, and too associated with Castle. I wouldn't be able to see her as anyone but Kate Beckett.

Well, she was one of the top 3 choices for Wonder Woman. So, if WB was cool with her headlining that franchise, her acting might not be that bad.

Stana Katic is probably too old for Charlie Cox though, and too associated with Castle. I wouldn't be able to see her as anyone but Kate Beckett.

She's only 3 years older than Elodie.

Well, she was one of the top 3 choices for Wonder Woman. So, if WB was cool with her headlining that franchise, her acting might not be that bad.

Oh I'm not saying she's bad, I really don't think there's anything to gauge her on in fairness.

Elodie Yung had that badass charisma in Retaliation, so i'm down with the choice. :up:

I'll be honest, I've never cared for Elektra. Hopefully this will turn me around on the character. DD season 2 sounds like it's going to be packed to the brim with awesomeness.

She could be half-Greek and half-Asian in the MCU (the actress is part French and part Cambodian herself). Also there's been A LOT of migration through that part of the world over the millennia, so it's quite possible that there are Greeks of Asian descent (I've never been to Greece, so I won't pretend to be an expert or anything). So they just might not bring it up at all in-show and expect that the audience will just roll with it (which most probably will if the season is good).

As for Elodie herself, after doing a little digging, I've found that she's:

-A pretty experienced actress (although most of her projects have been in her native France).
-Has been practicing Karate for over ten years (and is apparently a black belt).
-Has a law degree (not really relevant to her acting, but still cool nonetheless).
-Looks really good in red ninja outfits.

So yeah, I'm ok with this choice

Last edited:
Well she looks far more like Elektra than Jennifer Garner did. But she seems a bit on the Asian side rather than Greek side. Was there not a more European girl?

I take it she will be in Season 2.

She was one of those who auditioned for Wonder Woman. I'm glad Gal Gadot got the role though.

They better give Elektra a decent costume. None of this waiting 13 episodes before she appears in anything like the classic outfit. And it needs to have the flowing ribbons. It could be a red version of Daisy Ridley's outfit in The Force Awakens:

Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-Daisy-Ridley.jpg

Funny, I've been advocating that exact same look myself. It's a bit more "practical" and less "stripperific" then her comic book look is often depicted, but still looks "Elektra-esque." It'd have to be red though, that's essentially (I cut the DD movie more slack than most, but Elektra wearing black was just, not good).

[YT]jIoGFoSS9xA[/YT]

LOL, red, kicking ass, one blind master, being told to leave :sly:

Love the casting! Really looks like Elektra to me, Marvel is killing it as usual

Cool casting. She looks the part and I actually liked her in Retaliation. Season 2 can't get here soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"