Daredevil Elodie Yung IS Elektra!

Punisher and Elektra? Holy hamsteak that's awesome. Now all we need is Bullseye and S2 will blow everyone's pants clean off.

along with the return of the Wilson Fisk Kingpin, that's gonna be the real deal holyfield. And no doubt the Hand is gonna be more involved.

She looks perfect, don't know what this is about she looks too asian. Elektra has never looked actually Greek in the comics at all, she just looks like an exotic babe.

2882829-11elektra3_2.jpg

elodie_yung_pics.jpg

goddamn:ilv:

So now that Elektra and Punisher are in the show and it's rumored that Melvin will become Gladiator and Bullseye will appear, is anyone else hoping for Eric Slaughter to show up just so we can have the while Frank Miller cast?

I want Elektra to have a costume like Psylocke's, legs and all showing.

IMG_4352.JPG

If Fox managed to make it that faithful to the comics and it still looks great and bad ass, then surely Elektra's can too. Elektra's outfit was always similar to Psylocke's, except for the loincloth.

No more talk of needing extra protection or practicality. DD's final costume looked like crap because it was over thought and over rationalised. It should just look aesthetically good, and they can say that the body armour is designed so that it doesn't look stiff or with the need for all these straps. I don't want Elektra to have something similarly crappy to DD's outfit.

Daredevil's costume doesn't look like crap, and it doesn't look the way it does because of over rationalization. It's simply a design choice that doesn't look as great as most would like, it's a few tweaks away from being awesome.

Elektra's costume is easier to translate to the screen. I trust them to get it right easily.

I'm hoping for an outfit similar to the TFA manip that's been floating around here.

I'm hoping for an outfit similar to the TFA manip that's been floating around here.

Yeah I really like that one. It's very practical and also consistent with the aesthetics of Nobu's costume.

I just finished reading Elektra's appearances in Frank Miller's Daredevil and Elektra Assassin. Elektra is such a sexy badass. I can't wait to see Elodie Yung as Elektra.

While I'll give Fox credit for being willing to go more comic accurate (Psylocke, Deadpool, Jubilee, Storm, and the new Colussus look like they were ripped right off of the page), and Munn looks awesome overall in that image (the swords, the psi-energy, the non-sexualized pose, etc), I wish that they hadn't used that costume. I've NEVER liked it, it's a poor design imo. And seeing her posed right next to Magneto and Apocalypse (who are both completely covered up except for their faces/heads) just makes the ridiculous double-standard when it comes to it's "fanservice" nature all the more obvious.

I'd very much prefer that DD not do that either. DD and The Punisher can be completely covered, but Elektra is fighting in a glorified butt-flap/thong. No thanks.

I'd be happy if the went the Kitana and Mileena route from the fanmade Mortal Kombat Legacy.
Mileena-battles-Kitana_zpsiwpfjskp.jpg

But instead of those boots, something less thigh high and more ninja, like these.
img-thing_zpslcnmypaf.jpg

Just with more flowing fabrics as well as embroidered with a design based on The Hand foot ninjas like here.
Dark_Reign_The_List_-_Daredevil_Vol_1_1_page_37_The_Hand_Earth-616_zpsjyfv9ef4.jpg

I'd be happy if the went the Kitana and Mileena route from the fanmade Mortal Kombat Legacy.
Mileena-battles-Kitana_zpsiwpfjskp.jpg

But instead of those boots, something less thigh high and more ninja, like these.
img-thing_zpslcnmypaf.jpg

Just with more flowing fabrics as well as embroidered with a design based on The Hand foot ninjas like here.
Dark_Reign_The_List_-_Daredevil_Vol_1_1_page_37_The_Hand_Earth-616_zpsjyfv9ef4.jpg

I have a feeling that's what it'll look like. Though I hope they give her some sort of leg wrap/bands. I don't need or want to see skin but I'd like to get some clear nods to her comic look. They also better give her the crotch sash.

While I'll give Fox credit for being willing to go more comic accurate (Psylocke, Deadpool, Jubilee, Storm, and the new Colussus look like they were ripped right off of the page), and Munn looks awesome overall in that image (the swords, the psi-energy, the non-sexualized pose, etc), I wish that they hadn't used that costume. I've NEVER liked it, it's a poor design imo. And seeing her posed right next to Magneto and Apocalypse (who are both completely covered up except for their faces/heads) just makes the ridiculous double-standard when it comes to it's "fanservice" nature all the more obvious.

I'd very much prefer that DD not do that either. DD and The Punisher can be completely covered, but Elektra is fighting in a glorified butt-flap/thong. No thanks.
I agree, I always felt Psylocke's and Elektra's costumes look more like bathing suits than something a ninja assassin would wear. Just seems silly, specially when Psylocke's current costume is pretty awesome.

I hope you mean Psyclocke's current comic costume, and not DoFP costume.

http://i.imgur.com/BOFnCPY.jpg

This is her current costume, and it's awesome. Although, they could probably stand to make the white bits purple instead (purple seems to be her color).

The problem in both cases isn't just that their outfits are fanservicey, it's that they're so blatantly fanservicey. If you look at that EW cover that they released, Psylocke actually looks pretty damn cool overall. EXCEPT for the fact that, while Magneto and Apocalypse are both wearing costumes that cover them up completely except for their faces/heads, she's wearing what is essentially a one-piece swimsuit, thigh-high boots, and a thong.

Likewise, DD wears a costume that covers him up completely except for the bottom part of his head. And if Punisher looks like his comic book counterpart, then he wears outfits that cover up everything but his head. Heck and even more relevant example might be Nobu's Hand Ninja outfit from last season, which also covered him up completely except for a slit for his eyes. So if Elektra then shows up wearing what is essentially a glorified butt-flap/loincloth, then it's going to stand out (and not in a good way).

Last edited:
I hope you mean Psyclocke's current comic costume, and not DoFP costume.
Yes. That is what I'm referring to as the awesome current costume. A part of me do like that DoFP it's true to the comics, but in this case I'd rather they make it better than or choose a better design.

Though they aren't super clear, here are some possible Elektra candids from filming this week/last week... Though it could be Karen.
Sourced from Twitter.

tumblr_nu837jZclR1qg0x0mo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nu837jZclR1qg0x0mo2_1280.jpg

And a candid of her supposedly taken on set from Twitter.

CNWSc6HVEAAX3K0.jpg

Last edited:
tumblr_nw45u6ZPAq1qg0x0mo1_400.gif

If this is her assassin garb, which I don't think it is... It kind of reminds me of...
4faed9909152fb9a303d95623bd18b95-d5b3k27.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"