Embiggen! The campaign to get kamala khan in the captain marvel movie!

Yeah, the only thing Kamala and Carol have in common is their superhero name... and that the former was inspired by the latter, I guess.

Captain Marvel is set over 20 years ago and will probably end with Carol leaving Earth and very few people aware of her existence. A Ms Marvel post-credits scene wouldn't really make much sense.
And everything is lining up for Captain Marvel to be the new name in the news after Avengers 4 so one of the post credits scenes there would seem more appropriate. As far as the fish oil Inhuman origin, the terragen is supposed to be in the food chain, sort of like the red dust from the first V series in the 1980's so she can transform at anytime

Last edited:
Have you read the source material?

Not the newer books with Kamala, no. Yeah, wow, always just assumed she was like Miles with Peter (same power set), but seems otherwise.

In that case yeah, maybe include her in a sequel but just don't use the "Ms Marvel" name? Most people won't get that it's a nod to the original Carol name anyway, and it'd probably attract some of the hardcore-feminist outrage like the "Supergirl? Why can't she be Superwoman, it's Superman!" types.

But if she's an Inhuman shapeshifter, that's pretty interesting. Might even be able to alter the abilities origin to somehow coming from the Skrulls for the MCU or something.

Love finding these time capsule threads. Always fun to see how things have evolved and changed.

What an interesting position the MCU are in right now. Feige and the movies have seemed to have divorced the Inhumans from the movie world. I see the following possibly options.

Go all IN with Inhuman references in Captain Marvel. Set up the Kree humans experiments, and there history with Earth. Then maybe some kind of Terragin bomb style fallout from Avengers 4 can trigger Ms Marvel and other Inhumans.
This story can be easily played out without the baggage of the Royal family. I feel Ennilux will be a good substitute for Attilian in the MCU. They can be the foundation of Inhuman exposition and explanation. (And maybe even set up the Royals at a later hase)

Completely IGNORE Inhumans and treat Kamala like they did Scarlet Witch and Qucksilver. She's enhanced because some cosmic fall out from the Ebony Maw assault on New York, or some side effect from the Thanos snap. They could go in any direction.

I should probably add that Kamala can't be introduced in the Captain Marvel movie as it's set in the 90's, so I'm assuming that Kamala would have to be introdcued in Avengers 4 at the earliest. She'll establish her fandom for Carol there and they can set up her origin from that point onwards.

Glad to hear more rumblings from Feige about Kamala's eventual involvement with the MCU.

And everything is lining up for Captain Marvel to be the new name in the news after Avengers 4 so one of the post credits scenes there would seem more appropriate.
Exactly. Captain Marvel needs to be famous before she can have fangirls. I do wonder how they plan to explain the lightning bolt on Kamala's costume, though.

Love finding these time capsule threads. Always fun to see how things have evolved and changed.

What an interesting position the MCU are in right now. Feige and the movies have seemed to have divorced the Inhumans from the movie world. I see the following possibly options.

Go all IN with Inhuman references in Captain Marvel. Set up the Kree humans experiments, and there history with Earth. Then maybe some kind of Terragin bomb style fallout from Avengers 4 can trigger Ms Marvel and other Inhumans.
This story can be easily played out without the baggage of the Royal family. I feel Ennilux will be a good substitute for Attilian in the MCU. They can be the foundation of Inhuman exposition and explanation. (And maybe even set up the Royals at a later hase)

Completely IGNORE Inhumans and treat Kamala like they did Scarlet Witch and Qucksilver. She's enhanced because some cosmic fall out from the Ebony Maw assault on New York, or some side effect from the Thanos snap. They could go in any direction.
I certainly don't envy the people who will have to come up with a solution for this mess. Thanks, Perlmutter. :o

Yeah, the only thing Kamala and Carol have in common is their superhero name... and that the former was inspired by the latter, I guess.

Captain Marvel is set over 20 years ago and will probably end with Carol leaving Earth and very few people aware of her existence. A Ms Marvel post-credits scene wouldn't really make much sense.

Well we don’t really know what the script is. She could crash land in the modern era and the first person she meets is Kamala. Crowd goes wild

Not the newer books with Kamala, no. Yeah, wow, always just assumed she was like Miles with Peter (same power set), but seems otherwise.

In that case yeah, maybe include her in a sequel but just don't use the "Ms Marvel" name? Most people won't get that it's a nod to the original Carol name anyway, and it'd probably attract some of the hardcore-feminist outrage like the "Supergirl? Why can't she be Superwoman, it's Superman!" types.

But if she's an Inhuman shapeshifter, that's pretty interesting. Might even be able to alter the abilities origin to somehow coming from the Skrulls for the MCU or something.

Khan is a teenager in high school when we meet her. So it's fine to call a young person like that with a title such as Ms. or a diminutive label like "girl".

That's a different kettle of fish than having girl in a character's name and she's actually well over 21.

Here's a simple test... Continually call someone you aren't close with who is over 30 and male "boy". Chances are they won't take kindly to it. Apply to women. It's not hard.

Yeah, I don't care for the "Ms. Marvel" title for Carol because she eclipsed the character she was spun off from long ago, imo, and became "Earth's Mightiest Hero," so having a diminutive knock-off name like that after all these years feels like doing her a disservice and her claiming the mantle of Captain Marvel is something that was long overdue to me. BUT, I love that name for Kamala because A.) She's a kid, and B.) she is proudly taking inspiration from Carol so it's a cute nod/homage. With Carol, that title is a powerful heroine being labeled as a female knock-off of a male hero, with Kamala, it's a kid hero paying homage to her idol.

Last edited:
It's cool to see people already excited about it.

dh4ZLM7.png

ur0Mqgl.png

Last edited:
Good lord those are some big names.

Hey how much fun would it be to see mindy kaling play a super villain? I reckon she would rock at it

Honestly, I wouldn't even argue with a screenplay by Riz, Mindy and Kumail Nanjiani. Not familiar with Riz's writing, but the other two are great.

Yeah it would definitely be fun and that last flick kumail made is exactly the sort of thing that makes people pop up on marvel’s radar. Kind of a sweet Arthouse flick with tons of heart plus passion for the project

That looks great! Would love something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"