Sequels Enchantress casting thread

Nice try guys, but all those actress except for Garai & Heard were born before the 1980's. Thor actor was born in 1983.

Find someone younger please?

Nice try guys, but all those actress except for Garai & Heard were born before the 1980's. Thor actor was born in 1983.

Find someone younger please?
James Marsden was born in 1973 while Famke Janssen was born in 1966 but that didn't stop them from being paired as Cyclops & Jean Grey in the X-Men movies.

James Marsden was born in 1973 while Famke Janssen was born in 1966 but that didn't stop them from being paired as Cyclops & Jean Grey in the X-Men movies.

Yuck, actually that's supposed to be the exception not the the norm as they don't have good screen chemistry after all.

Well in light of the age prejudice, who do you want playing Amora the Enchantress? Hilary Duff? Lindsay Lohan? Miley Cyrus? Dakota Fanning?

Not age prejudice, it's just that people tend to keep over the hill actresses name because they have seen them acting since god knows when & dismiss promising young actresses because they haven't seen them enough.

It's a miracle nobody said Sharon Stone, but if this were 5-7 years ago Stone would have been said.

Because any woman over 30 is apparently "over the hill" in today's world.:whatever:

"Over the hill" In yesterday's world. Women are often married before 25 years old back then, now over 30's is almost a norm.

No, I solely judge it relative from the actor's age. If Thor is 40 years old then a 35-40 years old female lead is no problem. As a rule actor has to be older than actress. I'm okay with 1-2 years difference, but more than that - no. Female simply matures faster & can be paired with older actors; look at Kirsten Dunst or Katie Holmes.

There would be many choices of young able actress in the step of Chris Hemsworth, it's just that we tend to look for yesterday's names - which would be inappropriate because Hemsworth is not yesterday's name.

Dude, you've got to do better than Kirsten Dunst & Katie Holmes.

Dude, you've got to do better than Kirsten Dunst & Katie Holmes.

Kirsten Dunst is paired with Tobey Maguire, who's 7 years older than her.
Katie Holmes is paired with Christian Bale, who's 4 years older than her.
Robert DJ is paired with Gwyneth Paltrow, who's 7 years older than her.

Older male paired with a considerably younger female looked okay. See if you can find the opposite.

Kirsten Dunst is paired with Tobey Maguire, who's 7 years older than her.
Katie Holmes is paired with Christian Bale, who's 4 years older than her.
Robert DJ is paired with Gwyneth Paltrow, who's 7 years older than her.

Older male paired with a considerably younger female looked okay. See if you can find the opposite.
The difference is Paltrow's a solid actress & Dunst & Holmes are not.

would ms. paltrow make a good enchantress?

No. Sienna Miller would, though. And Chiefchirpa, do you ever try out your own casting or simply always disregard others choices?

The difference is Paltrow's a solid actress & Dunst & Holmes are not.

Ok, it's not about whether the actresses have solid acting skills or not. That's a prerequisite. You can have oscar winner actress like Meryl Streep or Emma Thompson (Branagh ex BTW) but she won't be fitting when paired with Chris Hemsworth. Why? Because they're older comparatively than the actor playing Thor. Dunst & Maguire have good chemistry even though many people don't like her in SM series.

No. Sienna Miller would, though. And Chiefchirpa, do you ever try out your own casting or simply always disregard others choices?

My candidate was Sienna Miller if Thor is someone older (actually she's an OK pick even now). I pick Amber Heard because her age is comparative to Chris Hemsworth's age, but Branagh most likely picked an unknown Commonwealth young actress.

You basically have to adjust the actress age toward the leading actor, not picking the actress just for the sake of her. If Sean Connery is Thor, you can have Diane Keaton as Amora. And no you better not have Megan Fox as Sif if Zac Efron is Thor.

I still think that Jessica Biel will be the Enchantress...in the first movie!

Jessica-Biel.jpg

I'd like to see her as Wonder Woman, though.

Olivia Wilde. She's a good actress, she's hot, and she's the right age range.
drewz1983

My candidate was Sienna Miller if Thor is someone older (actually she's an OK pick even now). I pick Amber Heard because her age is comparative to Chris Hemsworth's age, but Branagh most likely picked an unknown Commonwealth young actress.

You basically have to adjust the actress age toward the leading actor, not picking the actress just for the sake of her. If Sean Connery is Thor, you can have Diane Keaton as Amora. And no you better not have Megan Fox as Sif if Zac Efron is Thor.
What's wrong with having Megan Fox play Sif? :grin:

I have a great idea...

Jessica Alba. She is perfect... just add a blond wig and some really sweet colored contact lenses. It is a sure bet.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Rich was being sarcastic because she ruined the Invisible Woman with a blonde wig and awful contacts. ;)

^ yes... it most definitely was in jest... Casting Galactus as a big vortex was a better move than casting Alba.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"