Sequels Executioner Casting Thread

Nathan Jones, definitely. Sure, he's like eight inches taller than Hemsworth, but it's not like Hemsworth is a small dude. I think Executioner needs to be a massive physical threat to counterbalance Enchantress's more mental/magical threat.

Nathan Jones, definitely. Sure, he's like eight inches taller than Hemsworth, but it's not like Hemsworth is a small dude. I think Executioner needs to be a massive physical threat to counterbalance Enchantress's more mental/magical threat.

I also don't want people saying "do you smell what the Rock is cooking" whenever he's on screen, because his "stardom" usually overshadows his character.

Plus Executioner is exactly eight inches taller than Thor in the comics as well, Thor is 6'6 while Executioner is 7'2.

Plus Executioner is exactly eight inches taller than Thor in the comics as well, Thor is 6'6 while Executioner is 7'2.
There, see? Jones is perfect for the role! :cwink:

This Jones guy...can he act? I mean, you don't need Laurence Olivier to portrait the Executioner, but it would be nice if the guy who plays him has at least SOME talent.

houndnagy.jpg

Rory McCann - Plays Sandor Clegane on Game of Thrones. He isn't as tall as Nathan Jones(only 6'6) but camera angles can make him look bigger if need be. Hemsworth is only 6'3 anyway, Very powerful and imposing in the episodes he gets a chance to be in. I'm sure he can easily wield an Axe due to his GoT part.

This Jones guy...can he act? I mean, you don't need Laurence Olivier to portrait the Executioner, but it would be nice if the guy who plays him has at least SOME talent.

He prolly can act better than the Rock and you don't need be a bad place of an actor to play a bruiser like Executioner.

I still say this guy, give him a beard and he'd look EXECUTIONER like Executioner

How about Nathan Jones? He is 6 Foot 11 and weighs 360 pounds!

boagrius.jpg

Rory McCann (Game Of Thrones character The Hound), Solomon Kane, Hot Fuzz, Book group.

He is a big guy who can act.

How about the 6'6" Rory McCann (Game of Thrones, Hot Fuzz.) He's someone who can actually carry a dramatic moment, unlike Nathan Jones.

the-hound1.jpg

How about the 6'6" Rory McCann (Game of Thrones, Hot Fuzz.) He's someone who can actually carry a dramatic moment, unlike Nathan Jones.

the-hound1.jpg

I had to look up a picture without the GoT make-up on, but now I can totally see it.

He certainly is a better actor than Nathan Jones and I can see him as Skurge albeit with a beard because he looks "off" without one.

I'd probably prefer Rory since I'm hoping for Skurge's "last stand", but seeing how short they keep Thor's film idk if it even happens.

He certainly is a better actor than Nathan Jones and I can see him as Skurge albeit with a beard because he looks "off" without one.

I'd probably prefer Rory since I'm hoping for Skurge's "last stand", but seeing how short they keep Thor's film idk if it even happens.

Yeah, this is where I'm conflicted. That is such a huge moment for the film, and a defining character moment, that I definitely want to see it given it's due. If they do Surtur as a main villain in this, I could see him sacrificing himself to hold Surtur's forces off towards the end of the film while Thor and family face Surtur himself.

Should that moment be in Skurge's debut film, though? That's why I wish he'd been introduced as a supporting character in the franchise already, so it would have more weight when he turns.

Well that moment would have to be in Skurge's debut now, that's just the hand we've been dealt.

I know this is a major typecast that I'm doing here, but what about Clive Standen (Rollo on Vikings) as Skurge?

b54b2558c5ab00f9165e02566759691b.jpg
vikingsseason205.jpg

I know he's not as massive as some other suggestions here, but he's great as the ambitious, wants-to-be-the-alpha-male brother on Vikings.

...And while I'm unimaginatively fan-casting people from Vikings, how about Katheryn Winnick for Valkyrie. (EDIT: Just looked at some non-Vikings pics of her. She could totally be Amora, too.)

funny how i always envisioned Nathan Jones for a Kratos role in a potential God of War movie. but i sure as bad place would like him as Skurge

also Rory McCan would be fantastic

imagine him saying "f**** the city, f**** Valhalla, f**** the Allfather" :woot::woot:

sorry for the spelling

Nathan Jones as Skurge is like Henry Cavill as Clark Kent or Patrick Stewart as X. He's like... The obvious choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"