Sequels Enough RoboVillian designs already!

nemo7

Civilian
Reaction score
A quick aside regarding the Spiderman films:

Could Marvel stop reinventing “real life” designs for his nemeses, please?

Electro- TRAGIC costume design & “origin”. P.S.- he doesn’t fly or levitate.

The Rhino- just plain stupid. Guns? Could be a cool enemy though with an organic approach to his look. Think updated ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU aesthetic.

The Lizard- debatable. If the Hulk can manage to stay in his britches, the Lizard can certainly retain his tattered lab coat, etc.. A less human-looking face…

Green Goblin- debatable. How about instead of RoboGoblin, we go for scary/ creepy Goblin in a SPAWN-like suit…

These are COMIC BOOK movies. We’re talking A GUY BITTEN BY A RADIOACTIVE SPIDER GETS SUPERPOWERS…
You think we can continue with the “suspension of disbelief” long enough to de-techify the bad guys and allow them to retain some semblance of their comic book aesthetic?

Not every villain has to be exo-skeletonized or enveloped in black leather.
If “credibility” is what you strive for, there are scientists who work in genetic mutation, hybridization and bioweaponry…

To be fair, Doc Ock, Venom and Sandman* were well done.

Let’s see a retro Vulture and/or Mysterio in upcoming Amazing …
Let’s also put some LIGHTING on the fight scene sets! In Spiderman 2, you could SEE the battle between Spidey & Doc Ock when he took Aunt May hostage, unlike most of the rest of the franchise’s fight scenes at night, in sewers, etc.. Even in those scenarios, there are ways, with competent set lighting, to ILLUMINATE CLEARLY what the hell is going on.
Amazing Spiderman’s school fight scene was another good example of allowing the audience to actually see what’s going on.

875770336.jpg

f9629618-cdae-450b-bd46-cd5697a9b4ba.jpg

mysterioberkhart8.jpg

All-New_Official_Handbook_of_the_Marvel_Universe_Vol_1_2_page_-_Calypso_Ezili_(Earth-616).jpg

It would be hard to do Doc Ock or Vulture without giving them "robotic" features.

Electro did fly and levitate.

Lizard doesn't really fit with the "robovillain" catagory.

Agree about Gobby.

Maybe they should just make Dr. Octopus an actual octopus with a doctorate. He is so smart that he went to school and got a degree but still wants to take over the world. So Spider-Man fights him and teaches him that he should take over the Ocean, not dry land.

Then Vulture can be a really smart vulture that flies away and escapes the zoo. So Spider-Man has to fight him and put him back where he belongs. It's basically a metaphor for Adrian Toomes escaping his retirement home.

Sony, are you listening??

Maybe they should just make Dr. Octopus an actual octopus with a doctorate. He is so smart that he went to school and got a degree but still wants to take over the world. So Spider-Man fights him and teaches him that he should take over the Ocean, not dry land.

Then Vulture can be a really smart vulture that flies away and escapes the zoo. So Spider-Man has to fight him and put him back where he belongs. It's basically a metaphor for Adrian Toomes escaping his retirement home.

Sony, are you listening??

don't give Sony any ideas... they might actually think those are some unique and different ideas and implement them and when the movie finally comes out, it'll be defended by idiot fanboys out there that'll think that those ideas are 'so coool'... :whatever:

Oh no, you're right... Sony, pretend I didn't write any of that!

Oh no, you're right... Sony, pretend I didn't write any of that!

too late... Sony's been on a roll... can't you tell by the blockbuster box office successes of the first two TASM movies?... :o

Yeah, and people are just DYING for more TASM movies now. I'm really interested in a Rhino spin-off. 2 hours of Aleksei Sytsevich driving around, yelling and screaming things in broken English.

Nice avatar btw. :)

Yeah, and people are just DYING for more TASM movies now. I'm really interested in a Rhino spin-off. 2 hours of Aleksei Sytsevich driving around, yelling and screaming things in broken English.

Nice avatar btw. :)

and in his boxers, LOL...

and thanks for the avvy acknowlegement...

You know you like my ideas for Doc Ock and Vulture. Am I right? ;) lol

You know you like my ideas for Doc Ock and Vulture. Am I right? ;) lol

only if I were a no-brained Sony executive who's only fooling himself, hoping the Spider-Man fanboys out there can be fooled just as easily... :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"