Comics batman dis

shinlyle said:
Yeah....it just pisses me off every time I hear about how Batman could hand Spidey his ass. Has Batman lost to far less skilled opponents? Yes!

Prep time prep time prep time....that's the Batman Mantra. About the time he stumbles on Spidey in an alleyway, it's curtains. Besides, even if he had prep time, he's probably just call up Clark or something.
I wonder what evberyone said when Bane broke his back. Bet he was fully prepared for that one...he had a wheel chair waiting for him in the cave. Bahahaha.

Won '08 said:
I wonder what evberyone said when Bane broke his back. Bet he was fully prepared for that one...he had a wheel chair waiting for him in the cave. Bahahaha.

in fairness, Bane did break every single inmate out of Arkham and run Batman ragged for a week before he even stepped up to fight him then. When Bruce came back he kicked Banes ass in like, 3 pages...hell, Az-Bats kicked the hell out of Bane even before that.

Citizen_Kaine said:
Batman could, and would whoop Spider-Man anyday of the week.

wtf are u on about? course he cudnt. there is so much wrong with this thread. oh and to the kid that started it, just post in other people's threads, gain some respect and then start your own. u are askin for some flamin.

its not even a good match-up. its so one sided in powers on one side and (usually -- im not countin the iron spidey suit) one sided in terms of tech on the other. oh and batman would blatantly always put in more "prep time".lol

if people actually think bats could beat spidey then by all means please tell me how. i cant see it. at all. someone in peak condition, with allll the moves (like cap) and with tech less than that of iron man beat spider-man? no way. i hope/ half-way know this is not what batman does in his books. hopefully he stays to people in his class. altho he did beat superman in dark knight returns but that was post crisis supes before his powers went back up to god-like, plus its not canon. anyway im rambling - my main point: what a dumbass start to a thread. right outa left field (? ). Thats what u americans say right?

PS:

can we not make this into a batman discussion thread? its on the spider-man board. at least stick it on the marvel board to show its a bit tenuous. u, like.. dont havta.. but still. maybe this thread is just pissin me off? yeah, think so

MyPokerShirt said:
wtf are u on about? course he cudnt. there is so much wrong with this thread. oh and to the kid that started it, just post in other people's threads, gain some respect and then start your own. u are askin for some flamin.

its not even a good match-up. its so one sided in powers on one side and (usually -- im not countin the iron spidey suit) one sided in terms of tech on the other. oh and batman would blatantly always put in more "prep time".lol

if people actually think bats could beat spidey then by all means please tell me how. i cant see it. at all. someone in peak condition, with allll the moves (like cap) and with tech less than that of iron man beat spider-man? no way. i hope/ half-way know this is not what batman does in his books. hopefully he stays to people in his class. altho he did beat superman in dark knight returns but that was post crisis supes before his powers went back up to god-like, plus its not canon. anyway im rambling - my main point: what a dumbass start to a thread. right outa left field (? ). Thats what u americans say right?

Spidey got beaten unmasked, and humiliated by a single Shield agent, a while back, so how in the hell is he going to defeat the worlds greatest detective, a guy who's beat Superman and even the Hulk on occasion. I hate to use the prep time thing, but that is Batman. You give the guy some time, he's bound to find a way to beat you (Not the worlds greatest detective for nothing) Peter's identity is currently public, thats a huge advantage for Bats there. As well he's currently wearing an electronic suit, another advantage for Bats.

Would this ever happen?

Obviously not, you can't have one of the most popular hero of all time losing to the others competitor, however, isn't it just a little bit plausible that a guy who's defeated the Man of Steel might have a chance at besting Spider-Man? Hmmmmm.......

Citizen_Kaine said:
Spidey got beaten unmasked, and humiliated by a single Shield agent, a while back, so how in the hell is he going to defeat the worlds greatest detective, a guy who's beat Superman and even the Hulk on occasion. I hate to use the prep time thing, but that is Batman. You give the guy some time, he's bound to find a way to beat you (Not the worlds greatest detective for nothing) Peter's identity is currently public, thats a huge advantage for Bats there. As well he's currently wearing an electronic suit, another advantage for Bats.

Would this ever happen?

Obviously not, you can't have one of the most popular hero of all time losing to the others competitor, however, isn't it just a little bit plausible that a guy who's defeated the Man of Steel might have a chance at besting Spider-Man? Hmmmmm.......

man of steel at 50 with lots and lots of prep and in an alt future where he didnt have god-like status. the only reason spidey has been beat up so much is his down-on-his-luck tragic image, so he always has to get beat and then fight back to win. plus he (as a popular character) is used to boost other books. therefore not being his book he's not expected to win. if his powers were on anyone else we would not be having this convo. its redic to think that batman could beat someone as powerful as spider-man. would never happen. i've sen him fight an army (quite literally) of swat guys and swat them off as a joke. i've seen him defeat the juggernaut (uderdog and yet no prep), a former herald of galactus and have sentry give him a lecture on how he misuses his powers for such small-fry stuff (sentry/spider-man -- during the original min-series). i have no idea what you're on about as regards the SHIELD agent except maybe the agent that knocked him out cos she was a psychic. those same agents also disabled the vision swiftly and coulda took down ANY of them like that.

i dont wana start the "inconsistant writing" thread again but if the most powerful mind-powered person (for want of a better term), phoenix could not take down every foe they met in a similar manner in all the years she was alive and kicking then why should one psychic be able to shut down a mind just like that *clicks*
she shouldnt. i hated that part of new avengers. but bendis kind of makes up his own world within marvel. if theres some other agent you were talking about (doubt it) then tell me about it and i'll see how relevant it is.

PLUS: has bats really never lost to an embarassing foe? wow, yknow why? cos it a detective/hero book. every loss is far more costly to him and especially the image of the legend and the myth that surrounds him. writers know that. writers also know it doesnt matter with spidey cos he's gonna win eventually, he just has to be the underdog.

This has been an interesting thread, and my class and I are enjoying the responses. Thanks for all your input. We should have another essay up tomorrow that dicusses the same topic, but takes the side of Batman. Thanks again for all the replies.:)

The Joker said:
in fairness, Bane did break every single inmate out of Arkham and run Batman ragged for a week before he even stepped up to fight him then. When Bruce came back he kicked Banes ass in like, 3 pages...hell, Az-Bats kicked the hell out of Bane even before that.

yeah and when spidey comes back he does it in 3panels. huh? huh? what u got to say to that, tough guy?? lol

SenorDeadite said:
This has been an interesting thread, and my class and I are enjoying the responses. Thanks for all your input. We should have another essay up tomorrow that dicusses the same topic, but takes the side of Batman. Thanks again for all the replies.:)

wat is this guy on? class? are we being studied? we were all supposed to be on spider-mans side? u realise just cos its a spidey board doesnt mean its full of spidey fans. hmm...

MyPokerShirt said:
wat is this guy on? class? are we being studied? we were all supposed to be on spider-mans side? u realise just cos its a spidey board doesnt mean its full of spidey fans. hmm...

Actually, yes, this is part of a class. I'm a high school English teacher and as part of an assignment we posted this online to see the responses. We were hoping for a diverse response, and we got it. We chose to post on the Spider-Man board due to the essay's leaning toward Spider-Man as the victor. So yes, this is part of a class, but you are not being studied: your responses are.

What kind of english class is this?I had to read Romeo & Juliet,write a summary of each chapter,act out an entire scene with a group,write one of those annoying as hell 5 paragraph essays then do it again on the exam.I'm movin' to Phoenix.

I agree, this is a very strange English class. All my essays were 3-4 pages, which I guess that could fill if you had it in huge font.

my guts tells me Spidey would manage to pick this one up (barely) but it really all depends of situation, motivations, etc...

Oh and Citizen Kaine, you have the right to have your own opinion but you still deserve to get slapped in the back of the head for quoting Jplaya as a reliable source. :mad:

Under the data protection act i do not give permission to use any of my posts. so :p

I bet you are the geekiest English teacher, telling all the students about your comic book collection.lol. i try to seperate comics from life, i cant believe you're using them in a study... oh dear.

I got one word for you guys: Thermite

nuff said. Spidey is toast.

by the way, Bats eat Spiders for breakfast (and lunch and dinner)

I hate the "with prep time" BS. Spider-Man could throw a bunch that would literally turn Batman's face into pulp. Besides, Spidey's spider-sense would warn him of anything that Batman has planned.

Spidey all the way!

Dont you think Batman would prepare for Spideys spidey sense?

Grim Goblin said:
my guts tells me Spidey would manage to pick this one up (barely) but it really all depends of situation, motivations, etc...

Oh and Citizen Kaine, you have the right to have your own opinion but you still deserve to get slapped in the back of the head for quoting Jplaya as a reliable source. :mad:

It was a joke!! :( :(

I was making reference to Jplaya's humerous Batman love!

MyPokerShirt said:
Under the data protection act i do not give permission to use any of my posts. so :p

I bet you are the geekiest English teacher, telling all the students about your comic book collection.lol. i try to seperate comics from life, i cant believe you're using them in a study... oh dear.
We are working on persuasive writing. This is the 4th essay they have written in summer school. The purpose was to see how others would respond to this writer's work and find the holes in their argument (which many of you all were very helpful with). I figured a message board would 1) allow many people to read over this writer's work quickly and respond 2) allow "experts" to chime in on this topic and 3) expose the students to a different form of communication. This is not a study, but rather an extention of an assignment that has grown larger than we expected (we didn't anticipate this many replies).

Also, I'm as geeky as any 22 year old. I just happen to be an English teacher. We're more interested in posts that pretain to the original essay and those that added to the debate. Thanks.:spidey:

Citizen_Kaine said:
It was a joke!! :( :(

I was making reference to Jplaya's humerous Batman love!

ok then. But seriously, stuff like that might prompt new members to look him up and by doing so, they'll release him from the fiery pits of hell or wherever that troll kid came from.

SenorDeadite said:

I hate you.:(

Batman doesnt need prep time to defeat spidey, just his utility belt

The Joker said:
So what?? He should've been prepared for all of that. but he wasn't. Too bad. :down

Citizen_Kaine said:

Would this ever happen?

Considering Peter's intelligence is on par if not greater than Bruce's then no it's not plausible whatsoever. Spidey needs only three seconds to knock Batman out cold, or dead, with a single punch.

Let's be real.

And what shield agent was this?

and when did Batman defeat The Hulk?

He used some pressure point crap on the hulk... I think it was on the JLA Avengers crossover... Trying Pressure points on THE HULK... No super powers my ass!!! Prep time= Weird, time displacing power with Deus Ex Machina results in which Batman ends as the winner...
With enough Prep time Batman can beat himself up... But if Batman's got enough Prep time he can stop Batman from beating Batman, thus starting an infinite loop of preptime where he'll vanish, thus defeating Batman with Prep time... afterall Batman CAN'T lose with Prep time... God! I hate the Batman can beat (insert anything here) with enough Prep time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"