Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

I don’t put much stock in this kind of stuff, but they managed to call Centineo, so...

*crosses fingers for Skarsgard or Magnussen*

I love the idea of Shawn Hatosy

James McAvoy. Worked with Muschietti. Compared to Split it would be easy.

Hopefully his performance as Thawne would be better than his performance in It Chapter Two.

On second thoughts, I feel like reverse flash should be way older than Barry, the parallels and also, have it so that an older Thawne travels back to this time and meets with his younger self to maybe manipulate the past... but it messes up and causes the split.. multiverse etc and he's constantly trying to fix it and just making things worse and the hole deeper...

With the recent casting announcements I’m hoping we get news of Reverse Flash soon.

In terms of who could play off Miller...

I'm kean on Franco. He's at the right age to start playing heavies.

I mentioned this already in the All Things Flash thread, but I think Oliver Jackson-Cohen (of The Invisible Man and The Haunting of Hill House fame) would make a good Thawne.

I mentioned this already in the All Things Flash thread, but I think Oliver Jackson-Cohen (of The Invisible Man and The Haunting of Hill House fame) would make a good Thawne.
Oh **** yeah.

With the recent casting announcements I’m hoping we get news of Reverse Flash soon.
Perhaps I’m seeing my hopes too high, but I would certainly like to see casting fleshed out a bit during FanDome tomorrow. And I would imagine that Thawne would be at the top of that list.

I would go with either Dave Franco, James Franco even or Adam Driver or Michael Fassbender as Reverse Flash

My ever growing shortlist...

Alexander Skarsgard
Billy Magnussen
Oliver Jackson Cohen

He could work, but I’m still kind of hoping he’s Constantine for JLD and the movie, if that’s actually happening.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. Stevens for Reverse Flash, and Oliver Jackson Cohen for Constantine.

I’d been thinking this whole time that the director of IT getting his Pennywise to play the villain in his Flash was a little too on the nose, but I’m actually starting to come around to the idea of Bill Skarsgard as Thawne.

I like the symmetry of Barry and Thawne being reasonably close in age, rather than the TV show where they could be father and son.

If not Thawne, I could also really see Skarsgard as the Flashpoint Superman (especially after seeing his season of Castle Rock), if such an iteration of the character exists in this film.

Yeah I dunno about Thawne but Skarsgard somewhere.
Had thought James McAvoy but now maybe Bill Hader would be good as Reverse Flash/Thawne. Kristen Wiig mostly did comedy before Cheetah in WW84. So did Michael Keaton before Batman ‘89. Plus there’s prob. enough comedic tone to the script if Christina Hodson has written it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"