Tom Cavanaugh IS Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by Batmannerism, Oct 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cain Gentlebane

Yeah that seems pretty plausible.

2. Batmannerism Super-unknown

That's great ! I loved Fringe, and the creepy shapeshifters. Your theory sounds very plausible indeed - not sure if it will work out that way, but if it did that would make sense. It would tie up a bunch of loose ends very neatly. Bravo !

3. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Flash vs. Reverse Flash (15 years ago)

Harrison Wells Flashback

Eobard kills Wells

#978 The Caped Knight, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  4. The_Yellow_King Registered

I've just read the thread for this last episode and I've seen that someone else thought the same thing:

He even mentioned the similarities with Fringe's device, I've seen how several others mentioned the Fringe device in the same thread, but this guy also talked about the possibilty of Eobard replacing Eddie, I guess that great minds think alike. XD

5. Syncer Registered

Only thing is Eddie killing the cops is from Episode 21 and the showdown is from Episode 22.

6. The_Yellow_King Registered

How do you know? Not saying it's not true, just asking, I obviously didn't know that, and I would like to read more info about it. ;)

If that's true, well, then I guess I could be wrong and I wrote such a long message for nothing. XD

Or maybe Eobard will replace Eddie in the future anyway and that scene with Eddie killing the cops has a different explanation, I don't know, but I thought about all of this after watching this last episode and remembering that scene, you've just burst my bubble. XD

7. The Infernal Mky Mk

I dunno. I think Eobard replacing Eddie and becoming his own ancestor just messes things up way too much. Just seems overly convoluted and I don't think they'd risk losing Cavanaugh as Wells/Zoom.

8. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

I hope you are right.

9. Batmannerism Super-unknown

As someone who loves spoilers THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS ! (we won't get this episode until later tonight). Man, this show just hits all new levels of awesome -I would say it's the best superhero show to date ! The gradual reveal re Wells/Thawne/RF has been masterful - they give us just enough each time to keep us coming back.

Sure, some of the Barry-Iris stuff is a bit painful, but the RF subplot has been fantastic.

On another note, why introduce the appearance-changing device (or shape-shifting machine) without intending it to pop up again.

I think The Yellow King is on to something, as it would clearly explain the Eddie shooting cops clip ( and we've established that the real Eddie is a decent guy). Thawne has already messed up the timeline by causing the particle accelerator accident to happen in 2015, rather than 2020, so why not have him become his own ancestor ?

I realise others find that weird, but I'm just sayin' that I'm totally okay with it if it plays out that way - and good on the writers !

10. The Infernal Mky Mk

I don't see the inclusion of the changeling device requiring a reappearance. They could easily use it again if they like, but it served its purpose in the episode. There's nothing shown so far that suggests it's needed again.

As for Eddie. I don't think we know everything about him. I don't think the show has really focused on him yet outside of being Joe's partner and Iris' boyfriend. Part of me thinks there could be a twist to his character we don't know of yet. On the other hand we don't know the context to the clip of him shooting those two cops.

11. Headliner Registered

Agreed. Eddie is going to turn out to be Malcolm Thawne/Cobalt Blue.

Either his middle name is Malcolm or his first name is Malcolm and his middle name is Eddie.

12. Neno_Kos Registered

I think Eddie will eventually become new Reverse Flash. It will happen sooner or later. I could see reasons for it.

1. Eddie will eventually know about everything. Even about that Harrison Wells is Eobard Thawne (maybe Eobard tell him himself). His distant relative. And explain him why he saved Eddie when they tried to "trap Man in Yellow".

2. Eddie knows Iris has thing for The Flash. And Eddie now knows Barry is The Flash. And Eddie is already not OK with Barry and Iris relationship. If Iris
    realize the truth which I can see as "big event", they already going in that direction "saving it for later with whole she must not know". I can see Iris leaving Eddie in season 2.

This will change a lot of things and dynamic. And I can see Eddie holding grudge on Barry for stealing everything he had. How he gets powers of Flash, I dont know.

Given that The Flash will eventually beat current Reverse-Flash (Eobard Thawne). There will be new RF later in seasons.

13. The Infernal Mky Mk

I'm not so sure we'll be seeing him called Malcolm, even if they do go down the Cobalt Blue road. The show runners could just be avoiding that name because of Malcolm Merlyn.

That's only if RF is killed or somehow permanently taken out of the equation. Plus even then Barry is still bound to run into RF pre-killing Dr. Well. While the beginning of Barry's career is when he first encounters RF, it will be later in his career where RF encounters the Flash for the first time. Even if they did off Wells/RF there would still be the Pre-Wells/RF waiting to appear.

14. DoomGuy91 Registered

I don't think changes in the timeline, affect Eobard. Just like how when he murdered the original Harrison and his wife, he still remembers their history in the original timeline.

This Eddie exists in an alternate timeline, and is not exactly the same Eddie that exists in the past of Eobard's world (since Thawne is from the original reality).

Therefore if Eobard does kill the Eddie in the show, and replace him, that would not erase Eobard out of existence.

15. phillyboy the last boyscout

If Eobard took over Eddie's body his kids would be seriously messed up. Imagine finding out your dad was your great great great great great great grandson :barf:

16. The Infernal Mky Mk

I didn't say it would. If the device changes his dna to that of the victim's then the family tree would technically still carry on. I'm just saying it sounds like a silly idea.

17. The_Yellow_King Registered

The description for the 19th episode explains the scene where Eddie shoots the cops and it's not what I thought. :waa:

But it was an acceptable fanfic read, right? :lmao:

18. Infinity9999x Registered

That's highly debatable. It really comes down to how the show is using time travel. At the moment, they seem to be going back and forth between alternate timelines existing (The actor playing Cisco has already said they will revisit the timeline where Cisco is dead), and the classic "If you change something in the past, it will effect the future." (When Barry lost his powers and it affected Thawne's future).

Yeah, killing Wells was a drastic change to the past, but killing his own RELATIVE would be a HUGE risk, and I really can't see how it wouldn't wipe him out of existence. It just doesn't make sense. He's his ancestor for Pete's sake, so unless he's not really a direct descendant, (It's no big deal, Eddie is just my great, great, great, great, great grandpas third cousin twice removed kind of thing) killing Eddie has got to be off the table for Wells.

19. Hazexander Registered

I think we'll see that Eobard will be the flashs biggest fan and will want to be like him but somehow turns to hate him like in the comics ⚡⚡⚡

20. Infinity9999x Registered

Maybe...but the crazy superfan angle just doesn't seem to mesh up at all with how Thawne has been portrayed by Cavanagh thus far.

21. martin2310 Registered

and where is this description?

22. foxxer Registered

What's been bugging me a bit is the fact that the writers did kind of a half-ass-job about the whole "after-image"-effect in 1x09.
    You can clearly see Wells reacting towards RFs actions after the force field dropped whereas when Wells was showing Cicsco how he did it, the after image was virtually frozen.

Also, during the whole fight with Barry outside as RF, Wells was inside with Joe and Eddie - considering Joe was bashing the machine in order for him to save Wells from RF, he surely wouldnt just turn a blind eye on the beaten down and bleeding Wells on the floor, so there should have been an interaction.

I sincerely hope they add something to the whole "speed mirage" explaination cause as it stands, it leaves a bitter taste behind that could have been easily avoidable.

23. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

I assume at some point our Barry will learn that RF goes back in time to kill him and not his mother because in the fight from last ep, as soon as Flash saves his younger self, he leaves and doesn't even go back into the house to see if his mom is o.k….

24. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

That was sad what happened to the real Wells. I thought at first that maybe Thawne had merged with him like Firestorm and here he was the dominant personalty, so it had me thinking that they could be separated and that would be a way for Cavanagh to still play as the real Wells if RF were defeated.

What happened to the real Wells' body?

25. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

That's what i was wondering too. Since you could hear the police arriving right as he completed the transformation, i assume he dumps the body over the bridge and then returns later to properly dispose of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.