Eobard Thawne - Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash CASTING THREAD

Kylo Ren himself...Adam Driver as Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash

My 2nd choice would be Jonny Lee Miller

Glenn Howerton.
god-reynolds.gif

FLSPv2_04_22_56985846d547c5.74603557.jpg

I'd be all for it!

I suggested Liam McPoyle in the last page! Haha.

In a different world and had he not been cast as Vulko
La-Liga-de-la-Justicia-Willem-Dafoe-ficha-por-la-gran-apuesta-del-Universo-DC_landscape.jpg

Willem as Old Eobard.

Grant Gustin as Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash

That'll be a trip. Grant is more like Wally than Barry or RF.

One thing I'm wondering is how they are going to introduce Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash in this movie if the film is going to be based on Flashpoint. The main appeal of Thawne's involvement in the Flashpoint story is that he and Barry have already been bitter enemies for years and years, and now their rivalry is coming to a deadly climax because of Barry's mistake in changing the timeline. How are they going to build up that rivalry between Barry and Eobard in this movie if we've never met Eobard before?

The movie is going to have to juggle so many elements such as Barry's origin story, his relationship with his parents, his grieving over his mother, and his decision to save his mother by changing the timeline. How are the filmmakers going to handle all of these elements while also introducing Thawne and inserting him into the Flashpoint story?

One thing I'm wondering is how they are going to introduce Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash in this movie if the film is going to be based on Flashpoint. The main appeal of Thawne's involvement in the Flashpoint story is that he and Barry have already been bitter enemies for years and years, and now their rivalry is coming to a deadly climax because of Barry's mistake in changing the timeline. How are they going to build up that rivalry between Barry and Eobard in this movie if we've never met Eobard before?

The movie is going to have to juggle so many elements such as Barry's origin story, his relationship with his parents, his grieving over his mother, and his decision to save his mother by changing the timeline. How are the filmmakers going to handle all of these elements while also introducing Thawne and inserting him into the Flashpoint story?

I think in this version, they will introduce Eobard and create the whole idea of a man in yellow killing his mother and Barry realizing it is this man after he goes back in time to find out who it was with his new found powers, then changing the whole timeline. While Eobard comes up numerous times in the changed timeline as well. They don't necessarily need to have a huge history, Eobard just needs to mention how he is from the future and how much he aspired to be against him. I think the best route would be for them to go a Tim Burton Batman route where that film laid out his parents killer was the Joker while they also introduce the Joker and his origin story. They could go with that with Eobard, it will allow a much less experienced Barry making a sudden impulsive reason to stop him murdering his mother.

I think they don't need to create a long history between the two, just introduce him just like Goblin or Joker in one movie.

I think in this version, they will introduce Eobard and create the whole idea of a man in yellow killing his mother and Barry realizing it is this man after he goes back in time to find out who it was with his new found powers, then changing the whole timeline. While Eobard comes up numerous times in the changed timeline as well. They don't necessarily need to have a huge history, Eobard just needs to mention how he is from the future and how much he aspired to be against him. I think the best route would be for them to go a Tim Burton Batman route where that film laid out his parents killer was the Joker while they also introduce the Joker and his origin story. They could go with that with Eobard, it will allow a much less experienced Barry making a sudden impulsive reason to stop him murdering his mother.

I think they don't need to create a long history between the two, just introduce him just like Goblin or Joker in one movie.

Ah yes, this approach would work well as a way of introducing Eobard in a way that would make sense within the story. I hope they handle his character in a similar way to what you described.

Matthew McConaughey is another interesting choice. He could do sadistic but weirdly charming

I really want Adam Driver as well!

kylo-ren-744x933.jpg

be7dc72a81f53d03c4742bd4c44c0c7d--italian-men-ezra-miller.jpg

Like I know right and for Adam Driver to end up in the DCEU especially as a Flash villain playing Reverse Flash to Ezra's Flash it would be awesome

adam driver absolutley ducks as an actor.

Then how about Colin Farrell as Eobard Thawne

For some reason, I've been imagining Alan Tudyk for Thawne/Reverse Flash.

Matthew Mcconaughey.

I like the name Professor Zoom, but it's ridiculous so probably just Reverse Flash.

The costume? Just be the reverse of Ezra's.
No, no, no!! What if Barry changes his suit? Eobard can't keep wearing the same reverse suit to Barry, especially when Eobard come from the future and wont necessarily know which suit Barry will be wearing at the time of their interaction.

I doubt Eobard would care to carry a wardrobe around with him all the time. :oldrazz:

As for Professor Zoom sounding ridiculous, you're probably right, but then does Reverse Flash sound any more credible? They should just simply go with Zoom, or forget the villain name, and just call the character Eobard and/or Thawne.

Boyd Holbrook is my pick.
latest

Boyd Holbrook I could see him personally as Hal Jordan or even see him as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow before I could see him as Eobard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"