• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Episode 10 - "Six Months Ago" - Discussion Thread

phoenixflight

Amazing Amazon
Reaction score
Plot Summary:

As the clock turns back six months for all of the "Heroes," Mohinder's father, Chandra Suresh (guest star Erick Avari), arrives in New York to begin his quest to find individuals with extraordinary abilities, and meets someone all too eager to be special. Peter celebrates his graduation from nursing school and learns that Nathan plans to prosecute a case that could mean trouble for the entire Petrelli family. A surprise visit from her father brings out the worst in Niki. Hiro attempts to be a hero and change the future for someone important. Claire joins the cheerleading squad and makes a curious discovery. Mr. Bennet and the Haitian meet someone special.

Please discuss.

Would this be considered a filler episode?

I actually cant wait to see it, should be quite interesting.

phoenixflight said:
Plot Summary:

As the clock turns back six months for all of the "Heroes," Mohinder's father, Chandra Suresh (guest star Erick Avari), arrives in New York to begin his quest to find individuals with extraordinary abilities, and meets someone all too eager to be special. Peter celebrates his graduation from nursing school and learns that Nathan plans to prosecute a case that could mean trouble for the entire Petrelli family. A surprise visit from her father brings out the worst in Niki. Hiro attempts to be a hero and change the future for someone important. Claire joins the cheerleading squad and makes a curious discovery. Mr. Bennet and the Haitian meet someone special.

Please discuss.

The ORIGIN OF SYLAR!!!!!!

And likely the explination for the brain stealing/eating....I Knew that had to be why he had so many powers!

I hate flashback episodes. Normally just filler until they make new shows..ho hum.

Not just filler it's going to show what happened to Hiro with his travel back to save Charlite! that's definitely interesting. I can't wait.

methinks, the current storyarc finishes next week, after that, the next arc could be about Hiro being in the past and trying to get back to the dinner

After seeing the previews for this episode, I am really excited to see it.

Hmm. With Zachary Quinto revealed to be Sylar, instead of Sean Bean (which would've been great), I'm actually interested in seeing just where this will go. Next week's episode looks really promising. I'm looking forward to how everyone discovered their powers. And the origin of Sylar.

Why does everyone have Sean Bean on their minds???

Gamma Ray said:

You can thank the fake report provided by imdb.com a couple of weeks back for that.

As for the episode. I'm looking forward to it. Looks like we learn more about this Jessica chick that's inside Nikki.

Gamma Ray said:
Because imdb had listed a few episodes of him playing Sylar. But with imdb being not that much of a realiable site, it was completely false that he was Sylar to begin with.

I'm not only curious about the Niki/Jessica thing--although I do have my own theory over in the episode 9 thread--but also Hiro's journey back as well. We know he went back six months to save Charlie, and we know based on what the woman told Andro that Hiro and Charlie become a couple, but what made him leave weeks before Charlie's death? Perhaps, as he spent time with Charlie, he forgot about the "Save the Cheerleader" mission and something made him realize he had to go back and that it was more important than his own happiness. Hmm, I wonder if the episode will show Hiro and Charlie watching the Star Trek "The City on the Edge of Forever" episode?

Okay, I don't know anything about this Zachary Quinto dude, but...

I assume he's the guy whose face we saw in partial view during last night's episode. Well, at the end of the preview for next week, we see some guy saying "I'm Sylar" (or something to that effect). It was really quick, but from what I saw, he looked NOTHING like the dude who attacked Claire. Of course, it's possible that in six months time, someone can completely change their look. But I'm wondering if Sylar is a shape-shifter (in addition to having lobotomy fingers and other powers, lol). If so, then he could very well still be any of the main characters on the show.

I cant wait to see how this whole Niki/Jessica thing plays out. Maybe there was sexual abuse going on when Niki was younger and Jessica(older sister?) tried to protect her from it and ended up gettiing killed? Or something around that. After all the man Niki/Jessica called Daddy looked pretty scared.

That-Guy said:
Okay, I don't know anything about this Zachary Quinto dude, but...

I assume he's the guy whose face we saw in partial view during last night's episode. Well, at the end of the preview for next week, we see some guy saying "I'm Sylar" (or something to that effect). It was really quick, but from what I saw, he looked NOTHING like the dude who attacked Claire. Of course, it's possible that in six months time, someone can completely change their look. But I'm wondering if Sylar is a shape-shifter (in addition to having lobotomy fingers and other powers, lol). If so, then he could very well still be any of the main characters on the show.

The guy who said "my name is Sylar" wasn't the fat guy with glasses in the rear of the shot, he's the guy with dark hair in the front of the shot. He's shot from behind and he's talking to the chubby nerd.

You're probably right; that would make more sense. But it was honestly so fast I thought the nerdy guy said it.

I'm more interested in what's happening with Hiro. He goes back for the express purpose of saving Charlie and then doesn't?

The whole time travel thing is such a paradox. Hiro was in the diner up until Charlie was killed, but the cops, who told him to stick around just forget he was their but his friend remebers?

God I hate time travel scenarios!!!

His friend remembers because Hiro didn't prevent her death, ultimately. So while the preset timeline was no doubt altered somewhat by his foray into the past, it wasn't enough to change Ando's knowledge of what Hiro was up to.

As for the cops telling him to stick around, that might just be a writing error. I have no idea how to explain it otherwise at the moment.

It sucks I was really hoping Hiro was going to save her...it was nice to have someone in the cast that wasn't so dramatic over everything.

I hate errors and loose ends like that..they irk me...if you are gonna write a story like that you have to pay attention to the details.

I'm kind of hoping that the episode after this is gonna be an almost an alternate version of what happened in Homecoming. But I doubt otherwise there would be no point in that episode.

Ah well...I shall have to wait and see how they handle things.

i'm not exactly looking forward to it....but i'll deal
the Hiro and Sylar arcs should make it worthwhile

PowersOfMind said:
I cant wait to see how this whole Niki/Jessica thing plays out. Maybe there was sexual abuse going on when Niki was younger and Jessica(older sister?) tried to protect her from it and ended up gettiing killed? Or something around that. After all the man Niki/Jessica called Daddy looked pretty scared.

Bear with me, this is could get confusing. So Niki and Jessica are sisters. Jessica is the one with powers. When they were kids something happened to Niki that led to her death, but her father couldn't bear the thought of Niki dying so he basically forced Jessica to take on the identity of Niki going as far as to put Jessica's name on the tombstone. This forced Jessica to develop a personality disorder and to think she really was Niki. How convoluted would that be, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"