Episode 6: For All Time. Always. (Spoiler Discussion)

This was my first time seeing Majors on screen, and I was pretty impressed with his performance. Did feel a little weird seeing this version of Kang so eccentric, but then again, I imagine we’ll be seeing lots of variants with their own personality.

My only knowledge of the character comes from the EMH cartoon and would be great to see him more like that next time.

Someone posted that Kang in the comics was "solemn".

I have to correct you on that. Kang is loud, braggadocios and angry. He's a warrior, known to break into a boastful rant at any point. He's not Thanos or the Joker, he's more like an insane military man.

Don't believe me? Read "Avengers Forever" or "Avengers: The Kang War".

The fact that Kang showed up, proves not only the shows really do matter, but now the seeds for Secret Wars just exploded, all leading to Kang (beyond happy he is here) taken down in some fashion and God Emperor Doom rising...all of the multiverse against a Doctor Doom that will be supreme over EVERYTHING...THAT is how everything ends...

My word. Yes. YES. I'm ready for Dr Doom. If there's one thing that the MCU MUST DO, it must nail him. His portrayal can't just be acceptable or passable. It has to be to executed masterfully like Thanos and Loki. I can't wait.

This was my first time seeing Majors on screen, and I was pretty impressed with his performance. Did feel a little weird seeing this version of Kang so eccentric, but then again, I imagine we’ll be seeing lots of variants with their own personality.

My only knowledge of the character comes from the EMH cartoon and would be great to see him more like that next time.

The version he played in the episode was more "Immortus" than "Kang".

Credit to Marvel for very clearly explaining variants because I think we'll see quite a few of them in the next phase or two.

I see some folks are jumping to the conclusion that we'll be getting "God Doom" soon.

Frankly, I'd be shocked if Marvel did that. Why take some of the shine away from Kang by bringing Doom into the picture. I think we'll be getting Secret Wars but with Kang in Doom's place.

The version he played in the episode was more "Immortus" than "Kang".

Credit to Marvel for very clearly explaining variants because I think we'll see quite a few of them in the next phase or two.

Thanks for letting me know!

Will start reading as many of his comic appearances as I can!

Aside from everything else mentioned, I wonder if they’ll use the time lines branching and being all screwed up as a way of introducing mutants.

They have to figure in some way.

I see some folks are jumping to the conclusion that we'll be getting "God Doom" soon.

Frankly, I'd be shocked if Marvel did that. Why take some of the shine away from Kang by bringing Doom into the picture. I think we'll be getting Secret Wars but with Kang in Doom's place.

No I am betting we get Secret Wars with God Doom in that role. Remember this about IW/EG, that culminated 3 phases and 11 years of movies. Kang I think will be our Phase 4 big bad. Doom may appear somewhere in this phase as a brief intro, but he will take center stage once Kang is defeated. Marvel knows it's audience, and they know people love Doom more than Kang. So when we get to Secret Wars, they will want the more popular villain. Much like Loki was the Phase 1 big bad, Kang will be the phase big bad.

Secret Wars is going to happen in like ...5-7 years. I shaved off years cause of quantity of projects. But it aint happening before that. It is going to be built up to

I'll tell you what, Majors did great and this part is an actors dream. He gets to play multiple variants of the same ominous character, talk about being able to display range. I thought he did great as the he who remains/Immortus version. I don't expect him to play any version the same and I can't wait to see what he does with the Kang the conquer version.

This episode essentially launched our MCU phase 4 and although I'm sure they will re-tread what they cover in some of the films its exciting to know that our Disney + shows will go there and not hold back in ties into the cinematic MCU. Color me excited.

No I am betting we get Secret Wars with God Doom in that role. Remember this about IW/EG, that culminated 3 phases and 11 years of movies. Kang I think will be our Phase 4 big bad. Doom may appear somewhere in this phase as a brief intro, but he will take center stage once Kang is defeated. Marvel knows it's audience, and they know people love Doom more than Kang. So when we get to Secret Wars, they will want the more popular villain. Much like Loki was the Phase 1 big bad, Kang will be the phase big bad

Fair enough, Marvel doesn't do their event movies EXACTLY like the comics. My guess is, just like IW/EG was a mix of "Infinity Gauntlet" and "Infinity", we'll see "Secret Wars" be a mix of Hickman's Secret Wars and the Buisek/Pacheo mini-series "Avengers: Forever".

Obviously, we're both making guesses right now.

Aside from everything else mentioned, I wonder if they’ll use the time lines branching and being all screwed up as a way of introducing mutants.

They have to figure in some way.

I think the celestials is going to be the vehicle for the mutants. Not the multiverse

Johnathan Majors is such a great talent to have in this universe and I enjoyed his performance in this episode even if this interpretation of the character was somewhat unexpected.

Very excited to see what version of him we see next and I honestly wouldn't mind if he did just randomly pop up in multiple movies like those Stan Lee camoes we use to get.

I have my crticisms with this show overall when it comes to pacing and exposition, especially in the first half of this season, but I did think it ended strong with the last three episodes.

It's still my least favorite of the three Marvel shows so far though, but man atleast we got a great payoff in the end which should satisfy some, although I know and completely understand why everyone won't love it and that's fine because honestly this show just won't be for everyone.

Fair enough, Marvel doesn't do their event movies EXACTLY like the comics. My guess is, just like IW/EG was a mix of "Infinity Gauntlet" and "Infinity", we'll see "Secret Wars" be a mix of Hickman's Secret Wars and the Buisek/Pacheo mini-series "Avengers: Forever".

Obviously, we're both making guesses right now.

Correct they blend. But Thanos was still the villain of the Infinity Saga and had the gauntlet like the comic. They didn't make like....the Maggus the villain instead

At first, I was taken back by Majors’ performance because it seemed so animated, but in the context of him being a variant—specifically Immortus/He Who Remains—I thought it fit this season’s conclusion. What I’m really interested in seeing is how his performance as Kang the Conqueror will differ, but most importantly, how his relationship with Ravonna will develop.It makes me think back to when I was disappointed they didn’t introduce Lady Death in the MCU as a love interest for Thanos but now having this contrast between the two big bad villains makes complete sense.

Now for the show itself, I was disappointed by the pacing and the general lack of exploration of other elements, but since we’re getting a season 2, hopefully a lot of that will be addressed.

Correct they blend. But Thanos was still the villain of the Infinity Saga and had the gauntlet like the comic. They didn't make like....the Maggus the villain instead

Which is why I said Avengers Forever which dealt with multiple versions of Kang fighting each other.

I absolutely loved the finale, with one exception - Kang the Conquerer's portrayal from Majors.

I am not familiar with his CB counterpart, but Majors acted so over the top that I had major Ralph Bohner flashbacks and not in a good way. It strangely reminded me of Kevin Heart's over the top screams and delivery of lines.

Is Kang supposed to be acting like this? Am I missing something, as everywhere I currently read online, people seem to absolutely love his portrayal?

Other than that, HUGE implications and the Multiverse finally opening!

Can't wait for Spidey, Strange and Loki: Season 2!

9OcEAyn.png

this was in the opening sequence. unidentified ship.

Which is why I said Avengers Forever which dealt with multiple versions of Kang fighting each other.

But Avengers Forever isn't Secret Wars. Secret Wars in both incarnations the most iconic element is all powerful Doom. I do not think Marvel would use that story title and make Avengers Forever instead. Again, this is the beginning of the multiversal shenanigans. We are many years removed from whenever the Secret Wars happens. I don't see Kang lasting 7ish years. I think he will be dealt with in Avengers 5, which will likely be some type of New Avengers or something.

But Avengers Forever isn't Secret Wars. Secret Wars in both incarnations the most iconic element is all powerful Doom. I do not think Marvel would use that story title and make Avengers Forever instead. Again, this is the beginning of the multiversal shenanigans. We are many years removed from whenever the Secret Wars happens. I don't see Kang lasting 7ish years. I think he will be dealt with in Avengers 5, which will likely be some type of New Avengers or something.

Fair enough. Someone will be right and someone will be wrong. We'll see ;)

I absolutely loved the finale, with one exception - Kang the Conquerer's portrayal from Majors.

I am not familiar with his CB counterpart, but Majors acted so over the top that I had major Ralph Bohner flashbacks and not in a good way. It strangely reminded me of Kevin Heart's over the top screams and delivery of lines.

Is Kang supposed to be acting like this? Am I missing something, as everywhere I currently read online, people seem to absolutely love his portrayal?

Other than that, HUGE implications and the Multiverse finally opening!

Can't wait for Spidey, Strange and Loki: Season 2!

Well this isn't really THE Kang per say. This is a variant, that for the sake of ease is called He Who Remains. And for what he was, an insane dude that's been alone at the end of time, I think his portrayal was well done. I imagine when we see the actual Kang, his portrayal will be different than what we see here.

Who says God Emperor Doom needs to be soon and that it would hurt Kang? They already introduced variants of Kang essentially at the beginning of Phase 4. We can have years of quality Kang being the big bad and in the interim Dr Doom could be around and appear to be a lower tier villain only to eventually be molded to take over as the ultimate villain for Secret Wars without hurting Kang's meta status. Again this could take place over 10 years told over many movies and Disney+ shows and may not happen until Phase 6.

I will say this, if Kang replaced Doom's place for Secret Wars, that would be utterly unacceptable to me. Can they make that work? Sure, but very likely it would never sit right with me. That event is so integral to the Doom character now, that it would be like making Civil War a battle of ideals between Thor and Hulk instead of Steve and Tony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"