Official Wolverine And The X-men, Episode 8, "Time Bomb" Discussion Thread

You mean "curse you British/American Television programs that either promise an air date and then pull it, or hold the show until it coincides with a film release," right?

oh well uh, Blame Canada!! :cwink:

darnit,. I'm out of thigns to watch.
I guess I will have to settle for the new episode of Crusoe tonite =<

The more I watch this series the more I like it, but still I'm starting to feel that they should really call it Wolverine: The Animated Series or something, so that when he interacts with more Marvel characters you're not wondering where the X-Men are, plus in latter seasons he could part from them and leave the option of an X-Men series open

...with that said, nice to see some X-Men again

Last edited:
:wow: My internet was out for about a week and now that I finally have access, I find the episode I thought I missed didn't even air??? I was so looking forward to downloading and watching two episodes together!

JOKES ON YOU!!! MUHAHAHAHA...

That... wasn't cool.

It comes out later today so it'll probably be up tomorrow, have patience people!

This sucks donkey balls that this hasn't appeared on line yet. RIGHT AFTER IT AIRS CANADIANS! Post this episode on line comprende? If not then Peter Griffin was right about you and Canada does SUCK. LOL

Jaymes, chill out man. Guys you shouldn't be so angry about it. Just be patient. The show starts airing in the US in a couple of months.

Torrent is.... NOW ONLINE!!!!

It was an overall ok episode, though the screenwriting can be sloppy at times... "Why couldnt you stay out of this wolverine?" -Quicksilver "because you're stupid" -wolv
And toads voice just isnt cutting it
But those are just details, the stories can be interesting, this episode looked like a mini homage to civil war
cant wait till it gets more serious though

Best line in the show to date:

"Hi Rogue" ~ Shadowcat

Tho it only really works in context.

Cool ep. I REALLY like the use of powers in this series than anything else. Especially Kitty.

All in all, it was good episode. Better than most of the recent ones. The episode was back on track with the MRD storylines and had the team in it, so I wouldn't complain much.

The characterization of Nitro was... interesting. He was presented as a sympathetic character, not the bad guy from the comics.
However, I loathe what they did with Rogue. It's exactly what I feared - during the three-part pilote of the show she seemed to have become a part from the bad guys group, but now she acted just like the scared little girl who realizes that she don't want to be bad anymore and wants to get back with the good guys. I wanted so much to see a new and fresh approach to her character with her being part from the villains, but after this episode I'm sure that she will be back with the X-Men in no time :down

Still, it was nice episode as a whole, apart from my personal disappointment with the new direction of Rogue's characterization.

I enjoyed this episode, though I wished more from Psylocke. Perhaps something similar to the Shadow King vs. Emma battle. Actions scenes were great, especially Kitty’s ‘hi Rogue’ lol. I don’t mind if Rogue ‘s having seconds thoughts. I’m kind of looking forward to seeing her back with the X-men.

Kittys gloves are really weird and annoying. Dont know why it bothers me so much.

I like the characterization of Quicksilver. The voice actor is doing a really great job.

Wolverines: "Stop saving me" was pretty good.

Loved seeing the butterfly imagery when Psylocke used her powers.

I didnt mind all the Wolvie/solo centric episodes. They were spotlighting characters and introducing SHIELD and in turn why MRD is not storming the Institute. They set it up and the remaining premises sound more team oriented (except for a Weapon X centric episode)

Cool ep. I REALLY like the use of powers in this series than anything else. Especially Kitty.

Totally agree. I was just gonna say that. Kitty especially seemed a lot more skilled at using her powers. I always thought hers were kinda boring but this episode proved me wrong. What a great episode by the way. The interaction between the characters is really good. This version of Quicksilver reminds me of Evo Quicksilver, which is also good.

Is there a streaming video of this episode in English up on line yet?

Kitty has been showing the most versatile use of her powers so far. I'm glad they're showing the progress Bobby's been making on his ice abilities as well.

I initially thought that Psylocke was atleast somewhat close to Emma Frost in terms of telepathic skill but Emma owned her with ease. The butterfly thing was cool as was the White Queen's usual Havok like thing that appears when using telepathic powers.

I liked how Cyclops shutdown Avalanche with one hit. He's still got it...well...sort of. Also I've the trend of how everytime something important is said Cyclops is like I'm not doing it then he walks towards the door, here's something else, then just turns around. It makes me laugh.

Anyone notice that Storm didn't really talk this episode?

All in all, great improvement over the last episode. There was a small glimpse of the Father-Son relationship between Quicksilver and Magneto. He seems to still be wanting approval.

A lot of interesting ideas and threads came out in the episodes. I really like all the characterizations and conflicts that were further fleshed out here. Action was pretty good.

Kitty, Emma, and Cyclops owned in this episode! I liked when Quicksilver asked "why do you keep interfering?" and Wolverine says "because your a dummy" or something like that. It was so eighth grade. I loved it. and kitty to Rogue: hey Rogue lol

But seriously pretty good episode. I liked the fact that it wasn't completely centered around Wolverine although I really enjoyed the Hulk vs. Wolvie episode I just feel like they are trying to hard to make this "Wolverine and the X-men" sometimes and it sometimes comes across as forced but Yeah Storm needs to talk more, much more. But the X-Men that they have been focusing on: Wolverine, Emma, Kitty, Rogue, Scott (sometimes), and Iceman are coming along very well as far as characterization.

I think that this is probably the best episode so far - in my opinion. Episode 2 might surpass it, and episode 3 is probably right behind it.

Wish there had been more Psylocke but in the end was happy with what we got - ever since seeing that early screencap of Psylocke, I kind of just thought that she'd be in the episode for only a minute, but she wasn't so yay! Here's hoping for more (a leading role in season 2?!?! A romance with Angel?!?!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"