Eric Bana update on Hulk 2

you know a lot of people have complained that bana was too flat, perhaps that may have been a script and direction issue, but except for continuity do you guys really feel he's the best person for the job?

actually, i would have loved Edward Norton to play Banner, but Bana was still good, he needs a better script IMO to show what he can do with this character. People who say he's a bad actor need to watch Chopper and shut the f**k up.

I think Bana is a great actor, was the best in Black Hawk Down, was by far the best in Troy, and was great in HULK, IMO.

don't forget munich.

saying all this, i still didn't by his 'angry face' whenever the hulk was turning though...

I loved when Bill Bixby turned into the Hulk. Eric Bana, not so much.

Odin's Lapdog said:
don't forget munich.

saying all this, i still didn't by his 'angry face' whenever the hulk was turning though...
i think he was angry in only one hulk out, all the others were diffrent....um.... circumstances, if thats the right word. He was good in Munich, i hope he gets to do more work with Steven Spielberg.

I havent seen Munich, but i have heard good thing, especially about Bana's performance. I thought Bana's Hulk out face was great in the first, third and last Hulk out, 2nd was also good, but the others were better.

Sava said:
i think he was angry in only one hulk out, all the others were diffrent....um.... circumstances, if thats the right word. He was good in Munich, i hope he gets to do more work with Steven Spielberg.
which one, do you mean the talbot one...?

i know he wasn't angry in the hulk base environment but i don't have a problem with that one...

his facial expressions during his change don't really reflect rage in my opinion, he doesn't really look angry until he's transformed into the hulk as if that's a pinnacle of his angry emotions.

I always thought he would get angry as banner, then blow the roof off it as the hulk while in the films it seems that their joint anger peak is the hulk so we never really see banner looking pissed off mean.

Odin's Lapdog said:
which one, do you mean the talbot one...?

i know he wasn't angry in the hulk base environment but i don't have a problem with that one...

his facial expressions during his change don't really reflect rage in my opinion, he doesn't really look angry until he's transformed into the hulk as if that's a pinnacle of his angry emotions.

I always thought he would get angry as banner, then blow the roof off it as the hulk while in the films it seems that their joint anger peak is the hulk so we never really see banner looking pissed off mean.
yeah, maybe we'll see more of that in Hulk 2.

I wanna see more of nearly everything from the first movie, i hope we start getting more news soon.

if they are going to shoot inf late 2007, then i bet we'll get news around early 07

Marvel needs to get Bana back, fans need to stop *****ing and Ang Lee is ahead of his time for comic book movies.

I would love Ang Lee back for this, but it is never going to happen.

damn shame too, i want to see what he would have done with Abomi vs Hulk

I know, it would have been like the action sequences in 1 *10, hopefully we'll get a competent director, but i'm not veyr confident in Penn's screenwriting skills.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I know, it would have been like the action sequences in 1 *10, hopefully we'll get a competent director, but i'm not veyr confident in Penn's screenwriting skills.
i'll wait till a script review comes out, no point in arguing over the guys' writing skills before we've even seen something.

Well, X3 is getting more bad reviews than good at the moment.

that has more to do with the director than the writer, i think. i just went to RT, its at 67, what so wrong with that?

Oh, it was at 54% earlier today so i was going by that. But Ratner has stated that he shot the exact script, and didnt cut much out or change much so.

%25 of the people who go to see it will know about the script, all the others wont or wont care, i really do think this will be better than both the other films. Just try and enjoy it man ;)

I think X3 story line wise is going to suck, visually it should up the standards.

I'm not sure i'm going to bother to see it or not, just thinking about the things i have talked about on this thread infuriate me, so watching it will no doubt anger me more. Its like them killing off Banner and just having the Hulk for two hours, its a joke.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I'm not sure i'm going to bother to see it or not, just thinking about the things i have talked about on this thread infuriate me, so watching it will no doubt anger me more. Its like them killing off Banner and just having the Hulk for two hours, its a joke.
Banner and Cyclops are different, Cyclops wasnt exactly a main character in the first 2 films, you should actually be pissed as Singer for that, you should also be pissed at singer for not doing some of these stuff before.

Well, in the first movie i thought Cyclops portrayal was good, in X2 it followed a stroyline in the comics called God loves, man kills, and apparently Cyclops got more scene's in the movie than he did in the comic, so you cant really blame him. And i guarantee if Singer did X3, Cyclops would have one of the biggest roles.

And the thing that annoys me the most is that X3 is going to make a ton of money, when better movies like Hulk and Serenity didnt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"