Erzengel's Etiquette to Choosing Usernames

Erzengel

|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

With a new Batman movie upon us once again, we are probably going to get a new surge of "Batman" related user names signing up on SHH. I think now would be a perfect time to go over what I feel is an important issue and what can save some of you newer posters from ridicule and shame.

Let's start off with a very common mistake.

So you are signing up on a comic book messageboard. So suffice to say, it's a really good bet that Batman, Joker, Dark Knight, Dark Knight Detective, Bruce Wayne are pretty much taken. So you can try and maybe spice it up by doing something along the lines of using All Star Batman or All Star Robin or even TDK? I'm sure those names are taken already but those are just some acceptable examples.

Do you know what aren't acceptable examples?
Batman14
The*Dark*Knight
Batman-Joker
Batmanguy or even Batmandude

Actually if you have to add "guy" or "dude" to your username, chances are you should take a breather and rethink this.

Now let's divert from the comic book names and go to numbered usernames. So your e-mail is like Marmaduke24 and you've had it for years. Cool, but if you can register Marmaduke here why do you feel the need to add a "24" after it? Does it help you remember your e-mail address, username or both?

Our next topic is the replacement of "s" with "z". I don't understand this even in the hip hop community. It doesn't shorten the word or help it in any way.

Let's look at an example of a new poster. It seems that as of this post, MilkShake! is the the newest poster. Upon researching, there is no other MilkShakes registered on SHH yet he felt the need to add a "!" Why?

Let me conclude that there are "exceptions" to most of these rules but you must have a pretty sparkling, charismatic, and charming personality to be able to elevate yourself past a mediocre username.

This is Erzengel and the Etiquette to Choosing Usernames.

Ha, I already mentioned you by name. :o

Short answer, no.

This is almost as good as "Erzengel's Etiquette to Gay Sex in Prison", almost.

I don't like it when people yell the word Milkshake at me . . . in person or via the internet, so no for me too :o

Informative, but I bet the people you're addressing won't see this before they sign up. They may very well visit the batboards or wherever, but unlikely that it'll be community they visit until after they've signed up.

Good idea though.

Agent Vaugn is from Alias correct, while I may not be a fan of the show, your username does not make my eyes bleed.

This is almost as good as "Erzengel's Etiquette to Gay Sex in Prison", almost.

Moral Deficiency. Would that have been too hard of a username to choose? :huh:

I should have added the whole capitalization part as well. :o

KaineDamo - no one else in the entire world thought up that username.

Hi everyone,

With a new Batman movie upon us once again, we are probably going to get a new surge of "Batman" related user names signing up on SHH. I think now would be a perfect time to go over what I feel is an important issue and what can save some of you newer posters from ridicule and shame.

Let's start off with a very common mistake.

So you are signing up on a comic book messageboard. So suffice to say, it's a really good bet that Batman, Joker, Dark Knight, Dark Knight Detective, Bruce Wayne are pretty much taken. So you can try and maybe spice it up by doing something along the lines of using All Star Batman or All Star Robin or even TDK? I'm sure those names are taken already but those are just some acceptable examples.

Do you know what aren't acceptable examples?
Batman14
The*Dark*Knight
Batman-Joker
Batmanguy or even Batmandude

Actually if you have to add "guy" or "dude" to your username, chances are you should take a breather and rethink this.

Now let's divert from the comic book names and go to numbered usernames. So your e-mail is like Marmaduke24 and you've had it for years. Cool, but if you can register Marmaduke here why do you feel the need to add a "24" after it? Does it help you remember your e-mail address, username or both?

Our next topic is the replacement of "s" with "z". I don't understand this even in the hip hop community. It doesn't shorten the word or help it in any way.

Let's look at an example of a new poster. It seems that as of this post, MilkShake! is the the newest poster. Upon researching, there is no other MilkShakes registered on SHH yet he felt the need to add a "!" Why?

Let me conclude that there are "exceptions" to most of these rules but you must have a pretty sparkling, charismatic, and charming personality to be able to elevate yourself past a mediocre username.

This is Erzengel and the Etiquette to Choosing Usernames.

ouch,owned!:(

Moral Deficiency. Would that have been too hard of a username to choose? :huh:

I should have added the whole capitalization part as well. :o

Wouldn't let me add the spacing.

Why capitalize though, it's not a proper noun?

well, what kind of user-name is Erzengel? I've never heard of that name, were you striving to be unique?

My username is based on my e-mail which was taken from the "German" form of Archangel. :up:

So if you couldn't be Batman maybe Die Fledermaus.

No but you would think a "username" should be capitalized. :huh:

Why is that, if it's actually a term used to describe a mental frame of mind, I don't see why I should be so full of myself to capitalize it?

In fact, people that over capitalize annoy me, I think it's a sign of inadequecy.

I'm overly confident it's a sign of superiority and virility. :huh:

Agent Vaugn is from Alias correct, while I may not be a fan of the show, your username does not make my eyes bleed.

so is that a good thing?

keep in mind I was DarknessofDeath

you think that name was unique??

I just thought of a kick ass username!!

so is that a good thing?

keep in mind I was DarknessofDeath

you think that name was unique??
I think your new username is a step up only so that people wouldn't refer to you as DOD. :up:

You raised a fair point about capitalization, Erz. I keep meaning to ask if I can get it done, but never seem to get round to it. Who is it I need to PM - Doglips and there's someone else too, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"