Essentials...not so complete?

Man, i was wondering about that. I read the first issue as a kid, and remember the prison guard being psychotically racial...that was one of the books that didnt survive my youth, and years later (just recently in fact) i picked up the reprint and thought i must have slowly exaggerated that story in my mind over the years...apparently, my initial memory was correct.

On the other hand; Marvel left the racial overtones in the Sons of The Serpent storyline in Defenders pretty much intact, if memory once again serves me.

Must be different Editors for all the Essentials,.. Dracula's Essentials - all the partial nudity from the original comics has been removed.

Meh,... I just want it as it was printed originally.

You're right. Unless it's something to do with copyright issues, I want in my Essentials what was originally printed.

Must be different Editors for all the Essentials,.. Dracula's Essentials - all the partial nudity from the original comics has been removed.

Meh,... I just want it as it was printed originally.
I bought a trade a while back and then, as I was buying the comics that came before the trade, I accidently bought one of the comics that was in the trade. The actual comic was filled with some sexual innuendo that was absent from the trade. Something tells me this is not uncommon.

I bought a trade a while back and then, as I was buying the comics that came before the trade, I accidently bought one of the comics that was in the trade. The actual comic was filled with some sexual innuendo that was absent from the trade. Something tells me this is not uncommon.

Which I find depressing.

It means that YOU MUST by the originals to get the full story.

Buying a Graphic novel may only give you a "general" "PC" version of what happened.

I understand WHY they do this sort of thing,... but I still don't like it.
:dry:

Which I find depressing.

It means that YOU MUST by the originals to get the full story.

Buying a Graphic novel may only give you a "general" "PC" version of what happened.

I understand WHY they do this sort of thing,... but I still don't like it.
:dry:
I don't.:huh: :huh:

Great... that means NO PowerMan/Iron Fist #73,
:csad:

That explains this from Marvels' catalog:

"Collecting POWER MAN AND IRON FIST #50-72 and #74-75.
Rated T+ …$16.99"

:csad:

Hey, are basically all Essentials $17 now? The first I noticed at that price was Iron Fist, but that's a bigger than normal volume...or it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"