ET's Coverage of Ghost Rider

BIGGUN said:
Abe...
do you remember if the spikes on the stunt double's shoulders were as short as Cage's in those pics? i just find it interesting that Cage is wearing the outfit w/ a normal shotgun (which has been said its supposed to look like the bike) and the spikes look more like small studs. from earlier pics it looked like the spikes looked much larger than the ones Cage has.
i f i have to guess maybe GR is forced to change back to Blaze.....something weird happens that makes Blaze wear GR's outfit only its not "demonized" (shorter spikes, normal shotgun). maybe this is a trick on Blaze's/GR's part in order to get close to Blackheart. once that happens he changes back to GR and goes in for the kill.

hey there guys im kinda new to this board but do know a bucket load about comics! may i jus say, and this mite be summat you overlooked, but, ghost rider/spirits of vengance only wear what the current master, i.e jonny blaze,dan ketch or det. badalino was wearing at that particualr time, most of the time tho dan and jonny wear biker gear anyway!, maybe the transformation jus slightly alters the outfit, but when back as blaze the outfit is still kinda the same only with small spike and the shotgun looks normal!

any ways ur thoughts greatly appreciated,

You're right about Blaze, his jumpsuit stayed the same... but Dan was different. His clothes changed as he changed into Ghost Rider. There's no way Dan could run around wearing Ghost Rider's clothes and pretend it was normal.

Welcome to the boards and I hope we see you around our section more in the future.

good point my freind, jus reread hearts of darkness and it clearly shows his clothes melt off along with his skin and he changes, but could that have something to do with the nature of the ghost rider i.e. dan being the spirit of noble kale and blaze being a spirit of zarathos? how are they doing it in the film?? ivew not herd too much bout how there using ghost riders past! but it may certanily explain it! glad i could help!

bb

fun boy:wolverine

I think it is more of some sorto of "imprinting". The very first time Dan changed in the scrapyard he was wearing some odd full biker suit with protections on shoulders etc..
I think in case of GR2 the first time the host change GR "rearrange" his appearance using the memory of the host, with some kind of respect of the actual time.
A little like Autorobots did when reactivated on earth.
Like, GR in the change adjust the appearance/bike with the images/thoughts of the host relative to "riders"; soin the old west it could become a horse rider, in the case of Danny's true mother he becomes a '70/'80 look biker (yet pretty cool:D ), and in case of Danny he becomes a '90 style biker with Akira like bike :)
The time when Barb corpse became GR i don't think it is relevant...
In short i think there's this kind of imprinting only every generation/host first change..

That makes complete sense to me. Nicely put

fun boy said:
good point my freind, jus reread hearts of darkness and it clearly shows his clothes melt off along with his skin and he changes, but could that have something to do with the nature of the ghost rider i.e. dan being the spirit of noble kale and blaze being a spirit of zarathos? how are they doing it in the film?? ivew not herd too much bout how there using ghost riders past! but it may certanily explain it! glad i could help!

bb

fun boy:wolverine

I don't think they're going to touch on anything about his past or really who the host is in the body. No Noble, No Zarathos... he's just a Spirit of Vengeance; a spirit that has always exisited to rid out world of demons and baddies.

ahh well theres always sequels for that kinda detail aint there!! it still looks like like a great film, but how are they doing blackheart?? how are they running the story?

FUN BOY

FlameHead said:
That makes complete sense to me. Nicely put

I don't think they're going to touch on anything about his past or really who the host is in the body. No Noble, No Zarathos... he's just a Spirit of Vengeance; a spirit that has always exisited to rid out world of demons and baddies.
Yup, i think that for this first movie MSJ wants to have GR demon identity as a mistery, quite similar to the GR2 first arc, that mistery was really interesting, yet simple in the plot.

hoping you can help me! for love nor money can i remember the caretakers real name! hopefully sumone can help me!! any takers?

I'm not sure if you mean the actor of the character... so I'll tell you both. The actor who is playing him is Sam Elliot (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000385/).

The character in the comics never had his real name revealed... so I guess we can assume that's his real name... sort of.

Here's a profile for him; http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/caretr.htm

fun boy said:
ahh well theres always sequels for that kinda detail aint there!! it still looks like like a great film, but how are they doing blackheart?? how are they running the story?

FUN BOY

From recent news, we learnt that Blackheart (or at least the lesser demons) are all fallen angels, caught on earth. Ghost Rider is sent to capture them...

InVictus said:
Yup, i think that for this first movie MSJ wants to have GR demon identity as a mistery, quite similar to the GR2 first arc, that mistery was really interesting, yet simple in the plot.

Simple indeed, and it pissed a lot of people off how long they took to develop it. Not me though. I enjoy every minute of the discovery. Who knows, perhaps in a sequal we'll learn the true identity of this demon.

sam elliot as caretaker will be awesome!! hes a great actor and does amazing in any film hes in!!
hope they get him onto a motorbike itll be pure brutality!

cheers for the link dude it really helped a lil but i still cant find his real name anywhere, all i know is hes naomi`s (the very 1st gr) dad, but u never hear bout naomis last name is it blaze also? or is it kale?

either way have fun!

Caretakers 'real name' was never revealed. He is only known as Caretaker.

Naomi's last name is Kale. Her father is Pastor Kale. She is a member of a very long history of Ghost Riders, but she is not the first Ghost Rider. She's the first of 'our' time, before Blaze and Ketch but not the first as Ghost Rider's extend way back into Marvels history.

FlameHead said:
Caretakers 'real name' was never revealed. He is only known as Caretaker.

Naomi's last name is Kale. Her father is Pastor Kale. She is a member of a very long history of Ghost Riders, but she is not the first Ghost Rider. She's the first of 'our' time, before Blaze and Ketch but not the first as Ghost Rider's extend way back into Marvels history.

Of course not.
In GR title´s last issues was shown the origin of the Spirit of Vengeance, by Ivan Velez Jr and Javier Saltares, and we saw at least one of the previous GRS in the lineage of the Spirits of Vengeance: a WWI version that fought Verminous Rex, a rat-like villain, in the sewers ( very cool ).
Even in early issues of Spirits of Vengeance, by Howard Mackie and Adam Kubert ( how i miss them... ), appears the 1st SOV´s, as knights in flaming horses and at the same time the forging of the Medallion of Power, the symbol of the SOVs.
Great tales, great times.
Dude, i´d love to see a title who explores all the GRs lineage, like "Tales of the Ghost Riders", or something.
Would be great...

oh yeah dude that wud be awesome! showing stuff like that really big battle u only see a lil of in gr(2) issue 42! the sov fighting in the fall of antlantis and all these different kinds of battles where the sov`s would have fought for the good of humanity!
and im sorry if you thought i ment the very first i didnt mean that at all, i ment the first of this generations (i.e. naomi)

have fun :wolverine

HEY THERE BOYS AND GHOULS!!!

my good freind tt has jus showed me sum fantastic shots of gr bike and omfg!!!
heres the link to it so you cann all wet your pants jus like i did!!!

http://www.screenused.com/

have fun!

best close-up pics yet :up:

did your friend take those?

I was watching (I think it was Extra but I'm not sure I was just flipping channels) and they actually had a shot of ghostrider's skull flaming up...........I thought maybe you guys might have seen it/had pictures of it.........anyways keep a heads up for it/them (I am pretty sure I am not imagining that his skull flamed up..............but I might be lol)

Decypher said:
I was watching (I think it was Extra but I'm not sure I was just flipping channels) and they actually had a shot of ghostrider's skull flaming up...........I thought maybe you guys might have seen it/had pictures of it.........anyways keep a heads up for it/them (I am pretty sure I am not imagining that his skull flamed up..............but I might be lol)

thanks for the tip!
did you post something similar to this on the GR imdb board? if not then someone else saw the same footage.
it can only mean one thing.....the teaser trailer is very close to being released!
this would make sense as they had clips at the comic con and a new teaser poster...which normallyl are released the same time as the teaser.
very interesting indeed...will have to see if Extra plays again here in Texas.

i wonder if they might release it w/ Dukes of Hazzard on Aug 5th?

just got through w/ watching Extra....man those type of entertainment shows suck!
but anyway they had a segment on Comic Con and guess what.....they showed a part of the trailer! and yes it looks like it was from a trailer...they had a very very brief shot of GR turning to look at the camera....blazing skull and all!
there was a really weird scene where Blaze is sitting on his bike looking like he is surrounded by fog and these odd looking tree things in the background and suddenly someone grabs him off the bike and into a body of water. we get a close up of the evil dude coming at the camera w/ a mouthful of sharp teeth.
had another scene of a truck ramming into the back of another truck and exploding and a cool scene of Blaze looking at his smoking hands (while in front of a mirror) turing to look at someone behind him w/ this shocked look on his face. obviously this is the right after the 1st scene of Blaze becoming GR and realizing what the Hell has he gotten himself into.
it was very very brief....and the announcer talked over it :mad:
but it was very cool to watch :up: :up:
...when my other pc is free ill encode it and put it online for everyone to see...i have a feeling we will see the full teaser trailer in a few weeks.

Here are a few pics from the trailer...
while i still dont like the font style of the logo, it looks a little better w/ the G and R capitalized...
DCL26911.jpg

DCL23383.jpg

DCL18519.jpg

and some mo'

DCL798.jpg

DCL20176.jpg

will get the clip on today.....its very short. as in 5 seconds short!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"