Even Wolverine can kill Silver Surfer:look at this amazing pic

X said:
And what's equally "amazing" is The Thing one-shotting the Zombie Hulk.

But, please, feel free to deny it.

Rod, Ben obviously had Eternity's power here. It's just that obvious. :rolleyes:

uffhulkthing23wf.jpg

Nah what happened was Hulk was holding a mountain at the time;)

Yeah, it was a trick.

If The Hulk's ready to kill you and you attack him, it doesn't count.

X said:
You know this for a fact, right Rod? :rolleyes:
I sure do! I've been pm'd in the past by one of your 'friends' telling me just that. :o

X said:

But, please, feel free to deny it.

Rod, Ben obviously had Eternity's power here. It's just that obvious. :rolleyes:

uffhulkthing23wf.jpg
Heh......

So, I guess that means Hulk is tied with Eternity, one loss and one win. :up:

Boy this thread can be read as either some entertaining comedy or some extremely stupid debate

Rod, you're a lost cause.

Please don't try to drive anywhere you've never been. Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit and you'd probably get lost trying to follow the directions on the big green signs.

Jonathanos said:
Rod, you're a lost cause.

Please don't try to drive anywhere you've never been. Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit and you'd probably get lost trying to follow the directions on the big green signs.
Joni, you're even a bigger loser than I thought.

I was being sarcastic to X. But I guess you wouldn't know that, the supposed Hulk fan who questions whether Hulk can even lift a ford pinto?

What I said had nothing to do with anything you've said to X.

It's about your inability to comprehend what you read.

Jonathanos said:
What I said had nothing to do with anything you've said to X.

It's about your inability to comprehend what you read.
Actually, I prefer it to be that you don't know defintions of words and also that you don't read things properly.

That seems to be the only explanation why you keep saying things as 'fact' when these things never happened. Plus, why you keep misquoting me.

That may be the way you'd prefer it to be but it isn't the way it is. You have serious trouble understanding what is written. Despite Umar laying it out clearly that she drained the energy from Dormammu during Dormammu's fight with Dr. Strange, you say Dormammu may have had Eternity's power until after Hulk hit him.

Any "misquote" has since been recanted. And whether Dormammu can use the power as well or not-- Dormammu was not, in fact, using his power on Hulk at all-- your statement was that Hulk may have t-clapped an Eternity-level being into submission. Which is flatly stupid. (If you believe that then it should also fall that under identical circumstances the Hulk would be able to t-clap a full power Eternity into submission. Which is also flatly stupid.)

Like saying it isn't fact that Hulk would be able to lift a dozen Ford Pintos effortlessly, much less a single Pinto. Only a complete moron would suggest that it's at all possible for the Hulk to fail to lift one, barring some extenuating circumstance.

A fact is something that has been proven or can be proven.

I don't need to see a car crusher burst a water balloon to be able to state AS FACT that a car crusher would burst a water balloon. It can be proven by simply comparing the durability of the balloon against the durability of a vehicle.

Lol where did that ben grimm hulk pic come from. Did ben hit him with his fist???

Jonathanos said:
That may be the way you'd prefer it to be but it isn't the way it is. You have serious trouble understanding what is written. Despite Umar laying it out clearly that she drained the energy from Dormammu during Dormammu's fight with Dr. Strange, you say Dormammu may have had Eternity's power until after Hulk hit him.

Any "misquote" has since been recanted. And whether Dormammu can use the power as well or not-- Dormammu was not, in fact, using his power on Hulk at all-- your statement was that Hulk may have t-clapped an Eternity-level being into submission. Which is flatly stupid. (If you believe that then it should also fall that under identical circumstances the Hulk would be able to t-clap a full power Eternity into submission. Which is also flatly stupid.)

Like saying it isn't fact that Hulk would be able to lift a dozen Ford Pintos effortlessly, much less a single Pinto. Only a complete moron would suggest that it's at all possible for the Hulk to fail to lift one, barring some extenuating circumstance.
You still don't read things correctly and you still don't know meaning of words.

Fact is only something that has happened. Hulk hasn't lifted a ford pinto. How can that be a fact? Common knowledge and understanding of the character would tell us, however, that he would have no problem lifting a ford pinto, or a dozen, even a hundred or more. Once he does it, it then goes into the FACT book.

The Eternity thing is still misunderstood by you (in what I'm saying). When it was said that the power was being drained form Dormammu when fighting Strange, Dormammu didn't have Eternity's power at that time (something you seem to say I said). So, Dormammu was only losing 'his' power. It was after the fight with Strange that Dormammu stated he was receiving 'Eternity's' power. He sure seemed to know that he was getting it. The power may not have manifested itself fully,if at all, in Dormammu's body which would have saved him from the thunderclap, at least I would presume.

And having part or all of another's power does not mean you are just as tough as that person whose power it is. I mean, you'll have to know exactly what you have and how to use it.

Ahem

Jonathanos said:

I don't need to see a car crusher burst a water balloon to be able to state AS FACT that a car crusher would burst a water balloon. It can be proven by simply comparing the durability of the balloon against the durability of a vehicle.

No.

A fact is something that must exist or has occured (or as the first part of your first sentence from your above post, "has been proven"). Nothing else (including the last part of your first sentence: "can be proven").

What you are saying is 'theory.' You're analyzing something like a scientist, you put a theory to it that it must be this way or that way. But until it happens (whatever it is), it is not a fact.

Jonathanos said:

As much as it pains me to say this... I have to agree with Rod :o

You cannot say for a fact the water balloon would be crushed until it happens, and then you could say it was a fact that it did indeed happen. There are too many variables. The machine could fail, the balloon may be made of lexan and therefore not break, it may pop out of the machine without breaking, etc. Until it happens, it is not a fact. Even once you see it, you can only say that this particular water balloon broke and therefore is a fact. You still cannot state as a fact that all water balloons would break.

torkibe said:
You cannot say for a fact the water balloon would be crushed until it happens, and then you could say it was a fact that it did indeed happen. There are too many variables. The machine could fail, the balloon may be made of lexan and therefore not break, it may pop out of the machine without breaking, etc. Until it happens, it is not a fact. Even once you see it, you can only say that this particular water balloon broke and therefore is a fact. You still cannot state as a fact that all water balloons would break.

That is very well stated :up: but given the kind of discussions we are having it is normal to assume certain probabilities as fact when the probability is many times overwhelming. There are always exceptions to almost every rule, but the fact they are exceptions tell us are rule may in most conversations be assimilated to fact.

torkibe said:
As much as it pains me to say this... I have to agree with Rod :o

You aren't supposed to use a special balloon.

Maybe I should have made it clear: Secure the balloon so that it can't somehow come out of the crusher.

Ahura Mazda said:
That is very well stated :up: but given the kind of discussions we are having it is normal to assume certain probabilities as fact when the probability is many times overwhelming. There are always exceptions to almost every rule, but the fact they are exceptions tell us are rule may in most conversations be assimilated to fact.

Granted, it's safe to assume certain things will happen, but they are still assumptions. A fact is not a fact until it has happened.

Jonathanos said:
You aren't supposed to use a special balloon.

Maybe I should have made it clear: Secure the balloon so that it can't somehow come out of the crusher.

lol. Those were just a few examples of the things that could happen.

torkibe said:
Granted, it's safe to assume certain things will happen, but they are still assumptions. A fact is not a fact until it has happened.
That's the only way it is.

X said:
Whoa! That means that the Thing could ALSO beat the Surfer! :eek:

Nonsense! First of all, although Wolverine's claws are made of adamantium( the strongest metal known in the Marvel Universe, not only are Wolvie's claws made of adamantium -his entire skeleton is laced with it making his bones virtually unbreakable- but so are Doctor Octopus's tentacles and Ultron's body, and Captain America's shield is compose of a unique virbanium /adamantium fusion it is still the strongest metal known to MAN- the possibility exists that there are other substances even stronger than it as yet unknown in the Galaxy. And Galactus's invested Norrin Radd's physical form-as well as his board- with a silvery coating derived from the Power Cosmic that keeps him cool in even the heart of the hottest star as well as warm in the sub-zero temperatures of space. So Wolverine's claws could no more penetrate the Surfer's skin than they could Captain America's shield!

Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"