You ever feel sad like this?

TheDreamMaster

The Night He Came Home...
Reaction score
So this past Saturday we returned from a week long trip to Disney World. My parents took my fiance', my daughter. and I and we had a lot of fun. Despite the fact I'm only 22, it really made me feel like a kid again, but its made me really sad leaving and coming back home, and getting ready to go back to work. Anyone else get these feelings after their vacation?

Yeah welcome to adult life.

Welcome to working 49-50 weeks a year and treasuring those 2-3 weeks you get to not work.

I know people who get into foul moods on the last few days of their vacation because they don't want to go home and back to the daily grind.

I've gotten bitter about returning to work many times. The only thing keeping my sanity is being grateful for having a job to come back to.

I also have had very good vacations where I don't want them to end too soon. The following Monday is back to reality to work, but I reflect on the fact I'm still employed.

Reminds me of a quote from 'Friends' actually.

'Welcome to the real world. It sucks! Your gonna love it!'

Unless you have a really successful career, and your doing the kind of job that you enjoy as much as you would a hobby, that's pretty much what life is.

Going to work every day and hating/disliking it, in order to pay for the good times like the one you just spoke about.

Don't let it get you down, just focus on how you can make more good times I guess.

I laugh at all the kids, especially high schoolers, who can't wait to get out of school.

Wait till the next summer where you don't get 3 months off anymore.

I like to schedule my vacation to start and end in the middle of the week. That way when I come back, I get to ease in with a short work week and jump right into the next weekend.

I like to come back a day before I have to go back. Sure I lose a day I can still be on vacation, but I think being able to relax and do nothing helps with coping with going to work again.

I like to come back a day before I have to go back. Sure I lose a day I can still be on vacation, but I think being able to relax and do nothing helps with coping with going to work again.

This.

Vacations can be stressful and exhausting. So it's nice to be able to take a 'weekend' off between them and going back to work.

Yes. I feel sad about that right now. Just got back to work after a long vacation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"