Ever had a girl get fed up with your "attitude"?

GoldenAgeHero

Avenger
Reaction score
ok so im a sarcastic person and ive been talking/hanging out with this girl for almost 2 years now. we're really good friends and all and at times pretty intimate. She's the sensitive type and at times dramatic, so my sarcasm can hurt her feelings( as she boldly claims). but i honestly don't feel like i really hurt her feelings. my sarcasm always comes off in a more jokingly kind of way, you can plainly tell that im just goofing around, but with her she takes it all serious and stuff. so last night we we're talking and shnit and i guess i got out of hand with my sarcasm, and joked around about her giggling(sounded like a school girl) so i was teasing her about itand she said she was going to hang up, and me being the smartass i am asked if i can talk to her roommate instead.( i thought it was hilarious,apparently she did'nt)lol

so just a few minutes ago she called me and said if i didnt being a jackass to her, that she'll just stop seeing me. i was seriously like wtf?! this was not the first time we had an altercation like this, and we all ways ended up talking to each other like nothing happened, but she did this was the final straw so meh. did i really do something wrong? i honestly don'tthink so.

happen to any of you guys?

No.

I am waiting for the two of you to break up. By the sound of it--it was never meant to be...

HellOnEarth said:
No.

I am waiting for the two of you to break up. By the sound of it--it was never meant to be...

why would you wait for that?

GoldenAgeHero said:
ok so im a sarcastic person and ive been talking/hanging out with this girl for almost 2 years now. we're really good friends and all and at times pretty intimate. She's the sensitive type and at times dramatic, so my sarcasm can hurt her feelings( as she boldly claims). but i honestly don't feel like i really hurt her feelings. my sarcasm always comes off in a more jokingly kind of way, you can plainly tell that im just goofing around, but with her she takes it all serious and stuff. so last night we we're talking and shnit and i guess i got out of hand with my sarcasm, and joked around about her giggling(sounded like a school girl) so i was teasing her about itand she said she was going to hang up, and me being the smartass i am asked if i can talk to her roommate instead.( i thought it was hilarious,apparently she did'nt)lol

so just a few minutes ago she called me and said if i didnt being a jackass to her, that she'll just stop seeing me. i was seriously like wtf?! this was not the first time we had an altercation like this, and we all ways ended up talking to each other like nothing happened, but she did this was the final straw so meh. did i really do something wrong? i honestly don'tthink so.

happen to any of you guys?

You and her obviously don't share the same sense of humor. What you deem as innocent sarcasm, she takes it to heart. But if she has mentioned to you that your sarcasm does upset her, then yes the blame falls squarely on your shoulders if you continue to do so. If you like her as a friend or something more, I'd suggest you curb it around her. But, you should be who you are around friends and if she doesn't get you, then maybe you shouldn't be friends.

A girl I had relations with. I told her I would call her the next week and I didn't. Instead I went to a club..she was there..Eventually, she got pissed off, slapped me hard 3 times in front of my friends and left..I just laughed. lol

if someone tells you stop something and you carry on doing it, then there will be consequences within that relationship that will lead to it to alter.

you can quite easily see that if we were talking about physical contact instead of a conversation, you would have definitely over stepped your mark.

there is a time and place to unleash entire parts of your personality, this doesn't seem like it so count thy chickens....

I find that girls usually take one look at my attitude and run away.

StarWarsAgent said:
A girl I had relations with. I told her I would call her the next week and I didn't. Instead I went to a club..she was there..Eventually, she got pissed off, slapped me hard 3 times in front of my friends and left..I just laughed. lol

Dude, stop lying to yourself.

My attitude gives me +2 Strength, plus I got hax!

Ah, self-referential satire at it's finest

I'm trying to look smart because I can't control my life.

GoldenAgeHero said:
we're really good friends and all and at times pretty intimate.
like, wearing intimate apparel and stuff, with intimacy lotions and that?
You got tender with her and came to her, defenses down?

Wilhelm-Scream said:
like, wearing intimate apparel and stuff, with intimacy lotions and that?
You got tender with her and came to her, defenses down?

yes. but seriously i really did'nt feel like i did something horribly wrong tho. i kinda feel like shes overreacting, but i admit she can't really handle my sarcasm, so i'll cool with her.

Sounds to me you should just try to honestly talk things over, without drama and without sarcasm and make a compromise. You tone down the "wit" and she could try to be a little less oversensitive. I mean, it's not because (you assume) she knows you're just being funny, that it doesn't hurt her when you do make jokes like that. What a person consciously knows and how they feel are two very different things.

If you want this relationship to work, you'll both have to adjust a little more to the other person. It's pretty simple really. Otherwise you'll both just keep driving eachother apart. Right now, both your defenses are on high alert. You get defensive with your sarcasm, she gets defensive by pushing you away for it. Let your guard down a little more, and things should work out fine.

With me, it's not so much attitude, but girls mostly wonder why I don't smile or as they say "why I look so mean".

PyroChamber said:
With me, it's not so much attitude, but girls mostly wonder why I don't smile or as they say "why I look so mean".
That used to happen to me too... I'd just stand somewhere, smiling politely and behind my back chicks would tell my friends that I'm "an all right guy, but SO intimidating!" :wow:

That has happened before to me. Once for me being stupid, and once was a mistake on her part.

I often find that women are too sensitive.

It's very hard to know when it's okay to make a joke with a girl without upsetting her. If you make fun of her weight, hair, clothes, looks, personality, pretty much anything about them... 99% of the time they take it to heart no matter how clear it is you're joking.

HA! What a question. Just live a few years.

Does a cat got climbin' gear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"