"Every great team needs a leader" The Mr Fantastic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah - just made a thread for it, didn't realise there already was one here. Mods, feel free to delete mine.

Interesting choice but I'm not really sure. The only decision I like so far is Jordan as Johnny

What about Miles Teller?

1zgfh2a.jpg

What about Elizabeth Olsen?

2dakoye.jpg

What about Michael B. Jordan?

2hov22e.jpg

Can we all trust mercureyx now? :cwink:

I do. Ultimate Fantastic Four it is. Hopefully it'll be better than the UFF comics, because those kinda got lost, I think.

Can this movie hurry up and come out and flop so we can get a better one please?

Who ever Mercureyx is, I'd listen to him.

Can this movie hurry up and come out and flop so we can get a better one please?

Hit me. What's wrong with this movie? (Presuming it is based on the Ultimate Fantastic Four comics)

Hit me. What's wrong with this movie? (Presuming it is based on the Ultimate Fantastic Four comics)

The casting rumors and studio considerations alone are lowering any hope I have of a good FF film.

I thought Miles Teller was perfectly charming in the FootLoose remake (I haven't seen The Spectacular Now).

Miles Teller is a great actor. I'd think he'd be a great Human Torch (kinda ironic he'll be starring in a movie with Michael B Jordan called "Are We Officially Dating".)

But as Mr. Fantastic? Nah...I'd be skeptical of that. I havent liked any of the rumored casting choices.

Can't wait for this to flop so Fox will finally let it go.

Let's see:

The film is a reboot of a terrible film duology that experienced a 12.5% drop off in box office from the first movie to the sequel. FOX announced the reboot shortly after the sale to Disney back in 2009, but held off on production for as long they possibly could in order to play "keep away" with the character rights.

ROTSS cost $130 million, and looked very cheaply made. The FF team members all require expensive CGI to portray convincingly onscreen (especially the Thing), so to match the spectacle that current comic book audience demands, the budget will have to be raised significantly or look terrible. But the box office potential for a March release of a poorly received recent reboot won't allow this.

With Disney/Marvel controlling the merchandise rights, FOX will lose a significant revenue steam they had with the Tim Story films. Additional budget cutting will be required.

The reboot will be harmed by not being a part of the MCU, both by not having the branding of the wildly successful film universe but also by not having access to key characters in the team's history - Namor, the Hulk, the Inhumans (especially Crystal and Medusa), and the Black Panther.

The "all 26 year olds" casting is just awful, regardless of the actors skill.

The idea to mix and match the FF with the X-Men is terrible, and my not be permissable under the terms of the existing contracts with Disney/Marvel.

Josh Trank is talented, but he has just one very low budget film under his belt.

This is 1994 all over again - a film studio is going to crap out a version of the FF, this time in order to extort some cash from the Mouse.

When did Marvel/Disney acquire merchandising rights?

Teller is a good actor and would be an interesting choice, though it's a moot point because it turns out he hasn't met anyone about the role.

Also, FYI pretty sure Reed Richards was in his late 20s in the earliest issues of FF.

I think Fox is throwing out bait to up a potential offer from Marvel. This is going to be a long ass process. I think the key for Fox will be securing an extension to the property in exchange for something else. They obviously couldn't give up rights to FF characters if they have ideas on making it a franchise of their own. Right now, 2015 is going to be real tight, and I don't think Fox is comfortable with it. This could be the beginning of some kind of distribution deal to position the property in a better date.

I am seriously scratching my head over every casting decision so far.

Oh my, it is like they want to ruin it all again, just in a completely different way. :funny:

What...the...f**k? MercureyX has been dead-on so far. This s**t is crazy. Not liking this casting decision.

They don't give a ****, they just want to use the rights. They'd rather do that than ever give them up for a lowball price.

MercureyX is Josh Trank. That or he's a psychic. I'm leaning towards Trank. :cmad:

What...the...f**k? MercureyX has been dead-on so far. This s**t is crazy. Not liking this casting decision.

I'm guessing he might be an assistant at one of the companies working on it or an intern. I wouldn't say exec, because there's no way an exec would leak this kind of information onto the internet. I'm also having difficulty thinking assistant, similarly job would be on the line so why would he? Same goes for many others. An intern though would have a connection to without a doubt easily know all this, wouldn't have anything on the line really, and would have easily heard names being tossed around an office.

Long story short, probably an intern at one of the companies behind it and if not - possibly an assistant.

That's the real world answer. The ominous answer - he's our next Nostradamus just for fanboys.

I'm guessing he might be an assistant at one of the companies working on it or an intern. I wouldn't say exec, because there's no way an exec would leak this kind of information onto the internet. I'm also having difficulty thinking assistant, similarly job would be on the line. An intern though would have a connection to without a doubt easily know all this, wouldn't have anything really on the line, and would have easily heard names being tossed around an office.

Long story short, probably an intern at one of the companies behind it and if not - possibly an assistant.

That's the real world answer. The ominous answer - he's our next Nostradamus just for fanboys.

Definitely, because in retrospect, he has been unflinchingly confident in his casting choices. When I disagreed with him on the Miles Teller suggestion, he told me I'd be very disappointed. I doubted him back then, but he was right. I'm very disappointed. Something's definitely up. No one is this dead-on unless they're involved in some way.

I do like Elizabeth Olsen as Sue so I'm just waiting for that announcement at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"