"Every great team needs a leader" The Mr Fantastic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might be a bit too old now, or perhaps not. Billy Campbell!

images

He will always be The Rocketeer to me :woot:

Well, having seen IM3, I think I'll put in another vote for Guy Pierce. David Tennant would still also be a good choice, though.

I love Billy Campbell, I just can't get him out of my mind as the abusive husband in "Enough"....but I would love to see him as Reed....he has a very young face, he could pull it off I think.

Interesting. What if the movie re-imagines the team as being more college-age?
the problem with that is, Reed was child prodigy who started taking collage classes at like 14... he didn't meet Sue until several years later(she is at least 10 years younger then him in most versions) so if you set it in collage when Reed was just a young man, she would still only be a child and Johnny practically a baby

the problem with that is, Reed was child prodigy who started taking collage classes at like 14... he didn't meet Sue until several years later(she is at least 10 years younger then him in most versions) so if you set it in collage when Reed was just a young man, she would still only be a child and Johnny practically a baby

They met when he was a boarder with her aunt and in college, she was 12, I believe Reed was 19 at the time he moved to the college in Manhattan.

ok... but, 12 an 19 is still a significant enough age different to give then any type of love story between to two of them...

ok... but, 12 an 19 is still a significant enough age different to give then any type of love story between to two of them...

Well considering there relationship didn't really begin until he went to California and she followed making her around 18 and him 26...very plausible. Strange for the 1960's....which is an interesting concept.

But for now? not a problem at all.

I was just saying in terms of why focusing on a younger Reed wouldn't really work

Brody needs to be a Marvel character. He's always just had that look to him.

Not at all, but since the Thing is a few inches shorter than Reed, where would that leave us...?

Well, that along with "no brow" were the biggest hang ups on the Thing among the posters during the first 2 movies.

And my post was sarcastic....

Hmmm...really trying to think of where they'll go, as far as age goes.

For older, I say Anson Mount.

Trying to think of someone who could play Reed in his 20s.

Any ideas?

In my imagined reboot it's always been Adrian Brody. Whether that's good casting or just base don his awesomely accurate body type I dunno...

It's mostly due to seeing his performance in the movie Splice (not very good). But that cemented him as a good Mr. Fantastic in my mind.

I could see Adrian Brody and Charlize Theron.

Holy Crap.....what a power couple...lol

Well, that along with "no brow" were the biggest hang ups on the Thing among the posters during the first 2 movies.

And my post was sarcastic....

Mine was not totally serious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"