Excelsior! Ms. Marvel Reborn as Muslim-American Teenager

lol Kanes gif......Depps face is perfect for this situation

Well ok, islam and christian god would be more likely in marvel universe I guess, with all the other mythic gods walking around. But so far Jesus hasn't been battling Dr. Doom in the comics. To my knowledge.

actually there are comics where you see a council of odin, god, Allah budda etc in the marvel universe

odin is the only one who seems to get involved due to his sons

oooooooo look at me, I'm Odin I get to talk to God and Allah....blow it out your eye patch Allfather! :o

*reads title thread*

Oh that's nice, I guess.

*reads nouan's posts*

LHpnVYV.gif

:funny:

actually there are comics where you see a council of odin, god, Allah budda etc in the marvel universe

odin is the only one who seems to get involved due to his sons

What? Really? Lol, that's ridicilous. But ok then, I guess it's not so moronic to believe in those things in the Marvel universe. I guess I stand corrected then. And in that case I hope we see how new Ms. Marvel goes and beats god and allah for all the confusion and suffering they have caused. Assuming Marvel earth's history is anything like ours.

Women still have to cover themselves in those asian countries, where as men do not have to. And I do think the problem is in the religion itself, and not the culture. Even though it can also have an affect. It is in the quran that women are not equal to men and that it's ok to punish them and whatnot if they dont behave. But this is a topic to another thread.

Why does she need to follow the quaran by the book, especially considering that most christians do not follow the Bible by the book due to a decent amount of ideals like slavery among other things are obsolete too.

Why does she need to follow the quaran by the book, especially considering that most christians do not follow the Bible by the book due to a decent amount of ideals like slavery among other things are obsolete too.

I sure would love if all the musim scholars and therefor regulard muslims would participate in this picking and choosing, like most christians have done. That would obviously make things better. But so far they hold on to every tenets of quran, because that is what true muslim is suppose to do.

oooooooo look at me, I'm Odin I get to talk to God and Allah....blow it out your eye patch Allfather! :o

i can see it now

odin: hey god, i hear your kid likes hanging around with hookers
god: at least mine doesnt produce bloody monsters when he gets jiggy
odin: **** sake loki:csad:

Meh,I hate when a new character takes somebody else's alias.They couldn't come up with an original name?

God: So I hear you can't handle your kids
Odin: Loki is a shape-shifting adopted demon spawn and Thor is constantly questioning me! Wtf do I do man, I had to get away for a second.....
God: Listen.....you showed all your cards too soon....Fist I sent an angle down to tell them this was my son, then I was a burning bush...a voice in the sky.....It was creepy as hell and my son feared and loved me for it....you should try something like that next time

This escalated pretty quickly. Anyway hooray for diversity!

Yeah, that would be cool! Why make her muslim-american who lives in Jersey city and no doubt more free then her fellow sisters, say, in Somalia. Why not make the new ms. Marvel a Somalian girl?
Because this is just a cheap marketing ploy and probably Marvel's answer to DC's muslim green lantern. But I admit it's good to have heroes with different ethnicity in the comics at least.

Hmm... you have a point but I stand by my comment. I'm baffled by any woman who finds Islam a good religion for her. For men it's understandable. It's made for men. And in the context of this thread, what person in their right mind in Marvel universe would believe the nonsense of Muhammad. Or the bible, to be fair.

:up:

Wait, she's from Jersey City? SWEET! :woot:

I sure would love if all the musim scholars and therefor regulard muslims would participate in this picking and choosing, like most christians have done. That would obviously make things better. But so far they hold on to every tenets of quran, because that is what true muslim is suppose to do.

Fair enough. Honestly, I thought you were trolling at first in this thread but you actually make some good points.

Wait, the new Ms. Marvel is from Jersey City?

No way man, no way! :argh: :woot:

I totally missed that. Who can believe in a hero from New Jersey? :o

There is already a crime fighting squad in Jersey

alg_jersey_shore_cast1_5065.jpg

The Toxic Avenger and friends don't count.

They fight for what they believe in. They fight people without tans, blowouts, people who don't do jager bombs or fist pump. They stand for something Teelie, what do you stand for?

Or as they are known in New Jersey, "The Regular Guy and friends."

Actually not at all and I don't like that common misconception. All of my family lives in Jersey, I'm Italian and I speak for myself and my family when I say I know no one that dresses or acts that way.

I'm with the change, but what's going on with those hands in the concept art?

Yeah, that would be cool! Why make her muslim-american who lives in Jersey city and no doubt more free then her fellow sisters, say, in Somalia. Why not make the new ms. Marvel a Somalian girl?
Because this is just a cheap marketing ploy and probably Marvel's answer to DC's muslim green lantern. But I admit it's good to have heroes with different ethnicity in the comics at least.

Totally missed that. I change my mind. I HATE HER NOW. The hell with Jersey!

Ben Affleck is from Jersey... and he's Batman! :p

EDIT. Oh no, he was from Boston. Nevermind.

Jay and Silent Bob are from Jersey. They are kind of like heroes..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"