Sequels Official Gambit Casting/Speculation Thread [merged-6]

BRUTAL

Avenger
Reaction score
Let's get a GOOD Gambit casting thread going here...

Let's hear some of your fav picks for the Ragin' Cajun and please let us know WHY you feel your pick could pull off the role as well as what he has to offer as a different character than Logan (from what I hear this IS and issue with the studio).

And a picture of your pick couldn't hurt either...

:unishr:

You are aware that I was joking, right? :p :D

Um.. apparently not. but hey I think this one is a little more eloquent then the others don't you? :D

:unishr:

Yeah,..it's just that there has been a new Gambit casting thread like twice a week now, and everyone is getting a little tired of em..

Well, BRUTAL, I'm curious to who YOU had in mind.. ;)

-TNC

I think Stephen Dorff is a sublime choice

He's got a great look for it, has the chops, and I believe he could really add a neww flavor to the story and not seem to much like Logan

Originally posted by TNC9852002
Yeah,..it's just that there has been a new Gambit casting thread like twice a week now, and everyone is getting a little tired of em..

-TNC
That is why I have been staying away from the X3 forum.

Thats why I asked for this to be deleted, I dont really know how many times to apologize for starting this thread...

Originally posted by Magneto29
That is why I have been staying away from the X3 forum.
I haven't been around these parts that often because I got a little tired of all the Halle bashing...

-TNC

Bashing?? I'd call it comparison. But there are a few places that do go overboard.

Eh.... I'm burnt out on Halle, thats why I post in the other threads

HA...yeah right,..Oh, you haven't been here long enough to now about all the other crap,..but anyway, back to the topic:

The top picks for Gambit have been Dorff, Olvier Martinez, and Ian Somerhalder...They're all different, and they could pick either one of them..It all depends on where they wanna go with the character..age and look-wise, because each of them illustrate different physical and emotional aspects of the same character...

-TNC

What kind of Gambit (if any) do you think we'll see in the film?

I have NO idea..I mean, they don't even have a script yet..

They could have him as a student, a thief working for the government, they can have him as a grown man, a guy working for Magneto, he could even be just a small 4 minute cameo, who knows?,...He's a somewhat flexible character..whereas Beast would totally have to be someone who goes [back] to the mansion in aid (perhaps due to his transformation) and become the new doctor in place of Jean, if not, something very close to the lines of that..

-TNC

Oliver Martinez is the best choice but i doubt they'll get him nor will they make him that old

If my dream scenario happens and Joss Whedon takes over, he could pull in James Marsters (aka Spike from Buffy/Angel), who I think would be an excellent choice. His hair is naturally dark, not blonde, and his British accent is fake (though dead on).

I agree that Stephen Dorff would make a perfect Gambit. Also Gambit could add alot of drama between Wolverine, Rogue, and Iceman.

They won't cast another mature character. He'll be cast as a young teen-friendly early-mid 20 somethings. Close to the ages of Rogue and Iceman. This film is aimed at teenagers, they have enough old characters as it is. So Ian Somerhalder has a chance, the rest are getting on in there age. IMO anyway. :)

Originally posted by TNC9852002

The top picks for Gambit have been Dorff, Olvier Martinez, and Ian Somerhalder...They're all different, and they could pick either one of them..It all depends on where they wanna go with the character..age and look-wise, because each of them illustrate different physical and emotional aspects of the same character...

-TNC

i like the way you said this, and even though i think somerhalder would suck, i agree.
just because my perception of gambit is one way, a different person would see him differently.
it's a tricky thing, trying to please everyone.

I don't know who.

I think Magneto should get to Jean Grey first and brainwash her (just the Brotherhood let's leave the Hellfire Club they are too complicated) and Gambit is a thief who somehow gets involved and goes rogue again and holds the answers to where Jean is for the X-Men. He should be in his mid-20's older than Rogue, but not a lot so he can hit on her without going ewwww. He and Wolverine should despise eachother and Cyke should not like him either they don't trust him and while Wolverine is a loner, they don't trust Gambit who proves himself at the end but there should be some development to why he is a thief and his hatred of humans that Rogue softens, but he should remain a rebel and a mystery one that should not trusted.

Maybe he is in the Brotherhood but only to steal something and leaves but knows about Jean and though Magneto can block Xavier he knows Gambit knows and the X-Men go to fetch him.

In the meanwhile Magneto turns Pheonix (what Jean is calling herself in hallucinations) into Dark Pheonix. They fight for her she defeats her own commrads and can't kill Scott. She goes insane and looses all sanity and even sinks an aircraft carrier and the US Army considers her a terrorist and must be destroyed. They pose as the "Shi'Ar" empire. Xavier goes to war with her psychically (after she goes to her hometown and acts like a little girl and the movie gets real psychological) and wins and brings her back to normal with extreme power. But the military is still chasing her and threaten to disban the School of the Gifted and raid it again if the X-Men do not turn her over.

So she kisses Scott and fakes her own death in a flashy "battle." But it turns out Scott holds her life and she uses her powers to appear dead and comes back at the end. And she and Scott get engaged and Logan has had enough of this bull**** (Iceman is getting fed up with Gambit too because he is unoffically courting Rogue, showing how Gambit just pisses every male member of the X-Men but Professor X off) when the news hits the TV....

It was Magneto's plan to have that ship sink (maybe two different incidents?) and has captured on it 20 nuclear missiles and chemical weapons and has taken over the 3rd world dictatorship of Genosha that enslaves and murders mutants (and this could be a running theme on the news in this movie but no one stands up against this nation because afterall "it is only mutants") and has conquered all of their advanced weaponry which he controls with his mind. He will create a free state for all mutants to live but if one nation should even plot against the now "mutant only" (all humans executed) Genosha, he will reign Armageddon down upon the world, and start the end of the world in nuclear war, if not co-existance, no existance.

His philosophy creates civil unrest and sets up X4, the big finale where the X-Men have to stop Magneto....but perhaps just toy with the idea at the same time the US government sends in the new plastic "Sentinal" programs and machines to take out Genosha? The possibilities are quite interesting there.

this is the stupidest thing ive ever said but i just watched fight club so ima say brad pitt. fit, tough, dark hair...... blah blah blah good actor..... im also on the Norman Reedus idea he kicked so much ass in boondock saints as murph but he also needs lighter hair. what about the guy who played conor in that movie he had lighter hair he could do it too....

I would cast someone who was in their midteens. It would be interessting to see Gambit portrayed as a hotshot young mutant who likes to show his powers off a little recklessly and who´s proud of being a mutant and wouldn´t think twice about using his powers in public among humans just for kicks.
He could be a runaway from his parents and the leader of a small gang of skaterkids who live on the streets and make their money by picking pockets and doing occasional burglary.

This way he would be alot different than Wolverine; he´d be young, reckless and, well, kinda "unsmart" when it comes to keeping a low profile whereas Wolverine is quite the opposite in the movies.

I don´t know who´d do this part real good but actors are a dime a dozen so I´m sure they could get someone looking for his break and not have to spend a ****load of cash on him as they would´ve had to if they used someone like Stephen Dorff as many suggests here on the boards.

What´dya think?

SOOOOOO many ideas, so little time ok first... DACrowe, you are brilliant, FANTASTIC story love the depth. Best treatment for a film I've read in a long time! So many good ideas in such a small space BRA-F'ING-VO.

Next, Brad Pitt would make a great ANYTHING, but I doubt Fox would shell out the dough and I doubt he'd give the script a second look. But Pitt as LeBeau? F'ing awesome!

Next, Bomer is a dead ringer for Supes and was my top pick for a long time... until I saw him act. The guy who plays Gambit is going to need some talent to please the masses... nuff said.

Last, Acro... GREAT ideas. If I didnt know any better I would say thats a page from the Fox playbook. I have no doubt that if Remy makes the cut we will see something VERY close to that. VERY well done, great post. (Though I would still LOVE to see Dorff's LeBeau...)

HARRY CONNNICK JR. Authentic cajun and suave lookin ladies man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"