Sequels Official Gambit Casting/Speculation Thread [merged-6]

At this point i don´t even care about marketing ploys anymore and wether Gambit belongs in a Wolverine film. I´m just happy he´s in and i hope they do him justice. Come on, you are a Gambit fan right? Would you really prefer no Gambit at all than Gambit in a Wolverine movie? I would have liked to see him in a X-4 too but nobody knows when and if that movie will ever happen. Plus there is no Rogue in this movie so Gambit really gets to be his own character. On top of that, there may be a Wolverine/Gambit fight :woot:
I kinda have the feeling they will botch Gambit to make Wolverine look good. :( And I'm sorry, but I think Gambit CAN have his own development even in a movie with Rogue. They were good in the cartoons, they were good for sometime in the comics. Just because the writers destroyed what they were supposed to be doesn't mean they can't be together on a movie and be separate characters.

Heck, I think I was able to pull off a Good Gambit development in my X4 script, and it still had flirt with Rogue. I don't know why people think a movie with them would rely on angst and love story. Can't we just get the fun part, the flirting, the lust part of it? It's not that hard. It doesn't need to be the central point of the characters...I just think it's a narrow-mind thing to think that "OMG if They're together, Gambit is in ****, because he will get no development." Screenwriters aren't comicwriters. They might have a different approach.

I kinda have the feeling they will botch Gambit to make Wolverine look good. :( And I'm sorry, but I think Gambit CAN have his own development even in a movie with Rogue. They were good in the cartoons, they were good for sometime in the comics. Just because the writers destroyed what they were supposed to be doesn't mean they can't be together on a movie and be separate characters.

Heck, I think I was able to pull off a Good Gambit development in my X4 script, and it still had flirt with Rogue. I don't know why people think a movie with them would rely on angst and love story. Can't we just get the fun part, the flirting, the lust part of it? It's not that hard. It doesn't need to be the central point of the characters...I just think it's a narrow-mind thing to think that "OMG if They're together, Gambit is in ****, because he will get no development." Screenwriters aren't comicwriters. They might have a different approach.

Of course Gambit could develop into a good character in the same movie as Rogue but the question is would he? I used to like their relationship but now i hate it. Writers focus too much on the same old angst and it doesn't do either character good. If Gambit were to appear in an X-men movie i believe they would just recycle the same old angst filled relationship. Sure if they would keep it light and fun it would be interesting but i don't see that happening. A lot of people consider their relationship an important aspect if not the most important aspect of their characters. I absolutely don't and i just think it's nice to see Gambit be his bad ass self without the drama and angst his relationship with Rogue brings. This could be a good opportunity to focus on other aspect of his character.

Of course Gambit could develop into a good character in the same movie as Rogue but the question is would he? I used to like their relationship but now i hate it. Writers focus too much on the same old angst and it doesn't do either character good. If Gambit were to appear in an X-men movie i believe they would just recycle the same old angst filled relationship. Sure if they would keep it light and fun it would be interesting but i don't see that happening. A lot of people consider their relationship an important aspect if not the most important aspect of their characters. I absolutely don't and i just think it's nice to see Gambit be his bad ass self without the drama and angst his relationship with Rogue brings. This could be a good opportunity to focus on other aspect of his character.
Yeah, then we just have different opinions. I don't think they would make a dramaa out of their relationship, mainly because there wouldn't be even time for that in an action movie packed with characters. Just little flirting scenes...
But that's past, we're not gonna see it, so...there's no point on keeping discussing this :)

Watch Wolverine and enjoy your Gambit :p I'm rooting for his fans to get a nice depiction of him. (that would also be good to me :p) Not holding my breath though.

I was gobsmacked hearing this. I would never had placed him in a Wolverine film. Mind you if the actor does a decent job and he is important to the plot etc then this may just be a blessing.

Though I'm worried about the amount of mutants appearing here. I'm guessing that one or two will be lesser roles to leave most development to Wolverine and those most important to the plot.

It's not perfect, but I give it as finished.

Ladies and Gentlemen, give the Welcome to Gambit:

well gambit wont have been an X-men yet... so i really doubt we will see him in an X-suit

This is x-men sequels board, not the Wolverine one, hehe.

He can be a x-man one day. :)

Oh, ok.

Don't know...

I don't see him only with the suit, but with the jacket yes... is cooler, hehe.

That's quite cool Angamb. Though one suggestion, if I may? Maybe you could colour from the colour of the suit to just above the X on his chest a dark red? Then it would be more like the classic Gambit. Still, good job.

Where do I go to complain about this horrible casting choice and inclusion of the character in yet ANOTHER Wolverine movie?

On the movie website Gambit is under the X-Men category. That is so strange him being introduced in the Wolverine movie. I had his X-Men movie intro already planned out. They're going to have him be part of Weapon X, which is extremely inaccurate. At least he still gets to be a member of the Thieves Guild. So Remy will get more accuracy of history than movie Rogue except the Weapon X bit.

Taylor Kitsch is sooo hot!:yay:

I'm so confused!!! How old is Gambit and why the hell is in going to be in Wolverine isn't he like near Rogue's age and about 25 years younger than Wolverine and Didn't the Weapon X thing happen like 15 to 20 years before the first X-Men movie???? Please someone explain this to me. I feel that i can't be the only person with this confusion.

On the movie website Gambit is under the X-Men category. That is so strange him being introduced in the Wolverine movie. I had his X-Men movie intro already planned out. They're going to have him be part of Weapon X, which is extremely inaccurate. At least he still gets to be a member of the Thieves Guild. So Remy will get more accuracy of history than movie Rogue except the Weapon X bit.

Taylor Kitsch is sooo hot!:yay:

what website are you talking about? :huh:

x-menfilms is A1ant website, it's not an official one, though he has some contact with Fox or someone involved in the franchise.

but didn't understand well what emmymae he said about Gambit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"