Extreme Dc

Spectre722 said:
simply because i can. the flash thing i changed because i wanted something different.

i know u didn't like the batman thing. my idea was to take the core idea of batman, bringing justice to the corrupt people of the world, but not as an act of avenging his parents' deaths. its like ur travelin to the same destination just taking a different route, and coming out a different person in the end

Simply because you can doesn't seem like a particularly good reason. I mean, you seem to want to change things for the sake of changing them. If something's not broken, no need to change it. Batman's origin is perfectly fine the way it is. Changing it changes him, and I don't see any real reason to do it.

owen_2006_294 said:
hey everyone, i'm developing a lineup of fan fics that make up the EXTREME DC universe (it's the Ultimate version of the DCverse).

the lineup consists of
1) Extreme Titans
2) Extreme Justice
3) Extreme Superman
4) Extreme Batman

later on might have
5) Extreme Wonder Woman
6) Extreme Flash

if u wanna join the writing crew please reply here or send me a pm.

Dang owen, you just up-and left x-men! (lol,just kiddin')

The Question said:
Simply because you can doesn't seem like a particularly good reason. I mean, you seem to want to change things for the sake of changing them. If something's not broken, no need to change it. Batman's origin is perfectly fine the way it is. Changing it changes him, and I don't see any real reason to do it.

i agree here. the idea of ultimate marvel wasint to change things simply because they could. but to make them seem slightly more realistic and fit our heroes to suit a modern auidence. the choices that were changed because "they could" have always been viewd as the slightly negative aspects to the ultimate U.

Why should we follow trend and simply switch around whatever we wanted without a purpose.(or well...a valid purpose) some of the changes just feel too drastic, and dont leave the same ammount of heart the original DC heroes had.

of course...this is all my opinion.

yeah. we all want something different. i'm using Wizard Magazine's proposal for the Extreme Titans. (Lex Luthor holding a audition for members of the team, etc.) i like the DC Unlimited idea for the title of the lineup.

Well, why use they Wizard thing? Anyway, for Teen Titans, my idea (which I came up before ever reading the article) is quite similar. It's the boy band of super teams. However, Lex Luthor would not be behind it. Max Lord would. Luthor would never do something like that. Not his thing. Robin, after having a falling out with Batman, would have moved to New York to atend private school there and become a vigilante there. He hears about the group, and auditions. Other members would be Cyborg, Kid Flash, Raven, Wonder Girl, Beast Boy, and Starfire. The group would be the joke of New York city for most of their careers, only really dealing with gangs and drug dealers and the like, and not doing the greatest job in the world of it. But, the kids still love 'em, so they make money. However, they become a bit more respected when they save the mayor from a terrorist organization known as H.I.V.E.

nice idea and everything. i didnt wanna have Robin have ties to the Batman of this line-up. plus I wrote a sample of what my version of it would be like.

Extreme Titans
Issue #1
by owen_2006_294

LexCorp.- Two Weeks Ago...

A man, in his early thirties, stands in his office located at the top floor of the building. He’s dressed in a gray business suit. He stands at the window overlooking the city of Metropolis. This man is Alexander ‘Lex’ Luthor.

A knock echoes throughout the room. Lex turns his attention away from ‘his’ city back to business as he looks to the door.

Lex: Come in.

A man, in his late twenties, dressed in a black business suit holding a portfolio enters the room.

Lex: Mr. Stevens, to what do I owe this honor?

Stevens: I’d like to discuss the Public Relations.

Lex walks over to his desk and sits down.

Lex: Okay. (He signals for Stevens to sit down) What about it?

Stevens places the portfolio on the desk.

Stevens: We just received the pollings from yesturday’s news coverage. (He says as he sits back in his chair)

Lex: And? (He takes a quick look through the portfolio)

Stevens: It’s not good. Our PR has decreased significantly after yesturday’s news story on the Justice League handing over Despero over to the police after the stunt he pulled.

Lex rises to his feet.

Lex: Remind me again what went wrong?

Stevens: Apparently, we didn’t look at the fact that he has a thing for children.

Lex: Right. Well first order of business is for you to wipe that smug look off your face. Second, I want you to figure out something that’ll help us increase our PR. If you do not figure out something that’ll solve our little problem by three o’ clock this afternoon, then you can hand in your resignation. (He says keeping his clam the entire time)

Well, I really think Max Lord makes more sense. And really, I don't like cutting ties between Robin and Batman. That's just not right.

so what r we suppose to do have Robin appear in the Batman issues as well?

owen_2006_294 said:
so what r we suppose to do have Robin appear in the Batman issues as well?

Like I said. He leaves Gotham after a big arguement with Batman, moves to New York, and becomes a member of the Titans. The Teen Titans book can happen after Batman starts.

The Question said:
Well, why use they Wizard thing? Anyway, for Teen Titans, my idea (which I came up before ever reading the article) is quite similar. It's the boy band of super teams. However, Lex Luthor would not be behind it. Max Lord would. Luthor would never do something like that. Not his thing. Robin, after having a falling out with Batman, would have moved to New York to atend private school there and become a vigilante there. He hears about the group, and auditions. Other members would be Cyborg, Kid Flash, Raven, Wonder Girl, Beast Boy, and Starfire. The group would be the joke of New York city for most of their careers, only really dealing with gangs and drug dealers and the like, and not doing the greatest job in the world of it. But, the kids still love 'em, so they make money. However, they become a bit more respected when they save the mayor from a terrorist organization known as H.I.V.E.

Hmmm, I wouldn't mind helping out with this one. I decided tweaking some of these ideas to my own liking, but they don't have to be used, I just want your (and others') opinions:

In high school, Jason Todd is considered the wild one. The rebel with a bizzare sense of humor. He hides his insecurities and sorrow stemming from abusive parents behind a bizarre (and sometimes grim) sense of humor, always cracking jokes. His best friend is the star quarterback Vic Stone, who is the son of Silas Stone, head of STAR Labs. The two (with Vic on his spare time) aim to become famous with their up and coming band (the Titans) with Jason on guitar and Vic on drums.

On Jason's spare time (to make his life more interesting by curing his boredom syndrome), he wears an old Halloween costume that he designed to make himself in the image of a superhero (a ridiculous one at that). The costume is green and red with a yellow cape and he parades around the neighborhood causing mischief as well as trying to do a couple good deeds when thrown at him.

Vic (unknown to him and his friends) is actually an android made years ago, modeled after Silas' deceased son who would have been Vic had he not died. Vic later discovers this after getting into a violent car crash and discovering that he walked out from the accident with his prostetic skin partly destroyed and many of his parts damaged. After arriving at STAR Labs, the scientists rebuild what they can, remaking him into a cyborg. Horrified, Vic runs away.

Jason is wondering where Vic is the next day, knowing that they have a gig at a coffee place called the Tower. Vic arrives, but says he can't play in this condition, and Jason sees why. Vic also explains that STAR Labs suits are after Vic to bring him back, so Jason agrees to help him escape (he disguises himself in his costume to avoid being recognized by the suits, who he thinks "might kidnap my family and leave them in a dark room, with only the sounds of dripping water to keep them under control"). The two eventually find out that it is not STAR Lab suits after them, but instead someone else (secretly suits from a terrorist organization known as the H.I.V.E, who want Vic for their own purposes). They eventually defeat them and escape back to STAR Labs, where Vic somewhat makes up with his father, and the two return to society, but decide that maybe they should try and do this again and do something completely different with their band.

Vic can't go back to school like that, and Jason always wanted an exciting life, so he decides that their band should not consist of Vic Stone and Jason Todd, but instead Cyborg and Robin (Jason eventually changes his costume's color scheme). From their, they make their debut at the Tower as the first superhero rock band known as the Titans, but first they need new members, so they hold out auditions for such people who could fit their squad.

In later "issues"...

Eventually, they get a strange girl who wants to join them who calls herself "Raven" (real name Rachel Roth). She claims to be the Anti-Christ, so Robin and cyborg decide to keep as far away from her as possible, but she constantly appears around them, stalking them. Meanwhile, Robin meets up with the Batman who happens to be in town. He is his hero, and decides to tag along with the Bat, whether he likes it or not. He wants Batman to teach him and such, but he refuses. Eventually, Jason discovers why Batman is in town: apparently the child ambassador to Thamyscara (I can never spell this to save my life), Donna Troy, has been kidnapped by a group of terrorists (Vic suspects the H.I.V.E.) and the two join him to find her. Eventually they find her and discover she is in a specially designed cuffs, and when Batman frees her from them, they see why they were on her in the first place: she breaks free and defeats all the H.I.V.E. minions easily. The Titans discover she is an Amazon and eventually ask her to join their team. She agrees, but Batman says that she must return to the agency, but eventually decides to let her stay and insteads alerts the agency to her wereabouts so they can come get her later as he takes off (before leaving, Batman says there is potential in Jason, but he still won't be his mentor....yet).

Hows this sound so far?

Interesting. I, persdonally, wouldn't use Jason Todd. It'd be Dick Grayson.

Yeah, I see. Me personally, I chose Jason Todd just to take advantage of the whole retelling aspect of the DC Extreme/2000/Unlimited/whatever universe thing.

Way I see it, I don't understand why alot of the Ultimate DC ideas have Robin not being connected to Batman. That doesn't make sense. Way I see it, this should be Ultimate Robin:

Dick Grayson, son of of the famous Flying Graysons, has been living in Halie's Circus his whole life. Like his parents, he's an acomplished acrobat, and has even stood in for them on a few occasions. However, the local mobs have been hitting up the Circus foor protection money. When the owner refuses to pay up, they kill their star act. The Flying Graysons. Dick, in a state of anger and shock, dons his father's circus outfit and a mask, and goes after the mobster, Anthony Zucco, with vengance on his mind. He breaks into Zuuco's pent house, and proceeds to atack him with a large metal pipe. However, Zucco's gaurds save their boss, and catch Dick. Zucco, not particularly caring who the kid is, orders his men to take him into the city, put two bullets in his head, and dump him in the river. They do so, but beofe they can kill Dick, he's saved by Batman, who dissarms Zucco's thugs. Recognising Dick from what he glimpsed of Gordon's case file on the murders pf the Graysons, Bruce realizes that Dick must have been after revenge. He talks to Dick, and offers to train him. Teach him what he's learned. Dick, after much talk, accepts. So, Bruce takes Dick on as his aprentice of a sort. Dick already knows how to fight, so Bruce simply teaches him how to think like a fighter. How to look for an enemy's weaknesses and the like. When Bruce feel's Dick is ready, he gives him a black bullet proof body suit. Dick takes it, but adds two slight additions: A dark red vest, and an "R" pin on the right brest, as an homage to his parents (since his circus costume had a red vest and an "R" on it for "Richard"). He becomes the vigilante that the press dubbs "Robin", at first working with Batman a good deal, but eventually moving to New York after some conflicts of interest.

That's nice and all (and don't think I'm trying to shoot you down or anything), but the only problem I see from the whole Robin being connected to Batman is that it is a little too much to the original mythos. Though I understand a Robin without a Batman is like Mary without the virgin, I just feel that it'd be intersting to mix it up a bit. The Robin I just presented to you is planned to work along side Batman, just start off as solo but yearning for the chance to work with Batman, because let's think realistically here (though I know that's alot dealing with comics): do you really think Batman would endanger the life of a teenager by having him prowl the streets at looking for homicidal maniancs and supervillains? The way around this would be to have Robin make this desicion on his own, but that's just me.

And what's wrong with it being like it is in the origional? I mean, I understand that you are supposed to change things in Ultimate. I get that. Hell, I like that. But you still have to remain true to the core. Making Robin not be Batman's aprentice/partner is WAAAAAYYYYYYYY to big of a change. I mean, why? Batman wouldn't make a kid fight criminals? Well, forst off, who's to say Batman's making him? Batman knows the kid's going to want to get revenge anyway, so maybe Bats should make sure he doesn't get himself killed in the process. And second, who's to say he's a little kid? He could be 15 or 16 if we wanted.

The Question said:
Batman wouldn't make a kid fight criminals? Well, forst off, who's to say Batman's making him? Batman knows the kid's going to want to get revenge anyway, so maybe Bats should make sure he doesn't get himself killed in the process. And second, who's to say he's a little kid? He could be 15 or 16 if we wanted.

I'm not saying Batman's MAKING Robin fight along side of him. I'm saying that realistically thinking, Batman wouldn't allow a child (and when I mean child, I'm thinking between 12-16) to fight along side of him, but I see what you mean when you say it is straying too far away from the mythos. But I just had and idea to solve this: how about there be TWO Robins? If owens and everyone else agrees to go with my Titans idea and have Jason be Robin, for the Extreme/Unlimited/2000 Batman series, his sidekick can be Richard Grayson, but instead of him being Robin he'll automatically be Nightwing and he'll be older than Jason (probably nearing his 20s). This could cause tension between the two once Jason finds out Batman has taken on someone else as a partner and not him.

How does this sound? Technically we're keeping Robin away from Batman, while still having A Robin with Batman.

I'm not sure. I don't see the problem with Robin being a teenager. I mean, Batman knows Dick would want to go vigilante on his own, so it'd be in Dick's best interests for Bruce to train him. Besides, my idea for Batman would only have him starting at 21, so the age gap wouldn't be that large. Hell, Bruce would know that the only reason he didn't start at Dick's age is because then, he was still figuring out what he wanted to do. Dick knows, and being quite stubborn, is going to do it no matter what. Changing Robin's age seems very unnecesairy.

ok iris doesn't have to be the flash, i guess that makes sense. but im very proud of my idea for batman. it doesnt change him horribly to the point where u wouldn't recognize him as a character but u can see the differences

King Ruler said:
Which Robin do you mean? Dick or Jason?

Dick. Way I see it, keep him a teenager. I see no reason to make him older. I mean, how does him being 20 make it any less dangerous for him than when he's 16, if he's equally trained at either age.

Spectre722 said:
ok iris doesn't have to be the flash, i guess that makes sense. but im very proud of my idea for batman. it doesnt change him horribly to the point where u wouldn't recognize him as a character but u can see the differences

I just don't see the point of drastically altering his origin like that.

The Question said:
Dick. Way I see it, keep him a teenager. I see no reason to make him older. I mean, how does him being 20 make it any less dangerous for him than when he's 16, if he's equally trained at either age.

Okay, I see you're point there. So are we in agreement to make Dick Nightwing and Jason Robin (that is only if owens likes my Titans idea)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"