Eye Contact .. How much do you give?

I used to be self conscious when I was younger too that I would wear a baseball cap to cover part of my face in public only now I wear a cap because I hate combing my hair.
I do the same thing. I used to wear baseball caps and feel like it was a mask of sorts that allowed me to be really be looked at or noticed by people. But nowadays, I don't like to wear hats as much, but since I'm letting my hair grow and it looks like crap, I use it to hide my hair.

I have lazy eye, so I never look at anyone with more than one eye at a time.

I have lazy eye, so I never look at anyone with more than one eye at a time.

i never forgot about that "superbstupid" girl with wide bright green eyes always making eye contact with me

she was sitting in front of me in my french classroom
always turn her head to make eye contact and i would never lower my eyes or turn my my head away untill she does

in my head i would think how dare she looking at my person like that (back in the day I was so freaking arrogant and for a 200 pounds muscular teenager believe me i could afford it)
it would be the same crap all the time, making continious eye contact.
and one day she told me she loves me
and of course being a teenager i didn't know what to say.
what was i supossed to do !?
jump on her and start kissing her in the classroom ?
so i shut my mouth and said nothing while i was still staring at her
and that was the last time i ever saw her because she never came back

but don't worry she's not dead because decades later i saw her on face book (married with children)

but the thing now, i see a quite a few girls even older women making faces and sticking out their tongue at me
and i don't know what it means
and you have to know that i have never been a "sensitive person" throughout my whole life
and sometimes i wonder... am i really human
I think i am ,i just pour my emotion towards other things and there's not much left for other people arounds me.

One thing I've always noticed is that usually when I'm walking down the street, really "thugged out" guys will not hesitate to give you eye contact because, I feel, in a way they are trying to intimidate people by showing them that they are not bothered. Meanwhile, a lot of girls do the same thing when I past them by, in which they turn their head to the side, almost as if they are passing by a mirror, except there won't be one anywhere nearby. For some reason, that usually bothers me because I feel like they are trying to say that they don't want me to look at them and/or they don't want to look at me.

i never forgot about that "superbstupid" girl with wide bright green eyes always making eye contact with me

always turn her head to make eye contact and i would never lower my eyes or turn my my head away untill she does

in my head i would think how dare she looking at my person like that (back in the day I was so freaking arrogant and for a 200 pounds muscular teenager believe me i could afford it)

but don't worry she's not dead because decades later i saw her on face book (married with children)

but the thing now, i see a quite a few girls even older women making faces and sticking out their tongue at me
and you have to know that i have never been a "sensitive person" throughout my whole life
I think i am ,i just pour my emotion towards other things and there's not much left for other people arounds me.
ooookkkkaaayyyy.

I remember seeing this show and one of the tips they gave was to look at a person in the eye, then drop your glance to their mouth when they're talking. That way you're still looking at their face but it's not uncomfortable giving them direct eye contact. So I do that most of the time.

Just enough to bring thoughts of a restraining order. Not enough to actually get one.

I tend to make to much eye contact, or so i'm told. I'm comfortable "connecting" like that with people, and thats really what it is. Thats why it makes many uncomfortable. Its intimate and makes some feel naked and vulnerable.

I'm not shy about being naked either though so maybe i'm just weird. Stuff like that doesn't really bother me.

I avoid it at all costs. I don't want to come off as an Edward Cullen type.

Walking down the street I just stare straight ahead, I don't really look into peoples eyes.

just casually look ahead , if its a girl though about 2 feet away i see if she is making eye contact if so i will say hi or smile lol

I would love to read your autobiography if it was written in this style, seriously, very funny indeed. I would put that bolded quote on the cover.

I just make like I'm texting or checking a message. As if to say, I am so busy I don't even have time to acknowledge you, random passerby.

I typically make quick eye contact and silently nod as if to give a pleasant hello in passing. That's if I'm just out on the street or somewhere like that.

If I'm at work and people pass, whether I'm close with them or not, I always make eye contact, smile big, and say hello using their first name if I know it. I try to make them feel like they're more than just a work drone. If I have to see them every day I try to be as friendly as possible despite only being a janitor for the school.

Somethimes I can be aloof and others very attentive it depends on the person and my mood.

When i walk on the street I just look towards the ground ahead of me, and sometimes look up if someone is walking my way.

I do this while I talk to myself in a Christopher Walken voice.

Forever Alone.

That's not a bad thing. We have to make sure that we don't step in anything now, don't we. :):up:

When walking down the street/hallway/etc. It's mostly face forward while my eyes stay glued on to the person(s) til they are out of my eye's corner view. I'm not really making eye contact. Just reading their body motion. Is he/she/they staying their course ? Or coming towards me ?

If the person is within an arm's reach. Eye contact, head nod, hell maybe even a friendly gesture before going back to business.

When talking and dealing with a big talker. I try my best to maintain eye contact. When I drift away from it. I stay on the face. Go back to the eyes when I feel like he or she is wrapping up.

That's not a bad thing. We have to make sure that we don't step in anything now, don't we. :):up:
Just yesterday, I turned to look at a house for a brief second and stepped in a massive, stinking pile of dog s***. :awesome:

Just yesterday, I turned to look at a house for a brief second and stepped in a massive, stinking pile of dog s***. :awesome:

I hope after you wiped your shoe, you went off to find a plastic bag to pick that up. :nono:

If no plastic bags are available, i suggest an empty coffee cup, cardboard toilet roll inside bit, a branch from a tree/stick, crisp bag, or if it is snowing make a massive snow- s***-ball, just be making sure to keep the warm part at the center.

I quickly picked it up and flung it at anyone in my path. Vengeance will be mine.

I quickly picked it up and flung it at anyone in my path. Vengeance will be mine.

:doh: <dude! first time i go out the house and give a bit of eye contact and i get dog-crap in my eye, ok, i'm going back to looking at the pavement, i knew this would happen as soon as i tried being friendly in the eyeball department.)

:nono: Rule 23 never abuse your super -poo(ers).

Last edited:
When walking down the street/hallway/etc. It's mostly face forward while my eyes stay glued on to the person(s) til they are out of my eye's corner view. I'm not really making eye contact. Just reading their body motion. Is he/she/they staying their course ? Or coming towards me?
I'm the same way in that I watch people's body motions when they past me by. I guess it's because my mom used to catch me by surprise and smack me when I was young, so I've always tried to be aware of my surrounding, so much that sometimes I flinch when people next to me raise their hand to do something like touch their face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"