Eye Contact .. How much do you give?

Sidewalks or parking lots I just give a nod like "hey whats up"... But If the other person doesn't even look at me that's alright too. IF someone looks like they are loitering I try to avoid them at all costs. I'm so tired of people asking for money.

Just yesterday, I turned to look at a house for a brief second and stepped in a massive, stinking pile of dog s***. :awesome:

Haha, yeah. You can always count on the beatiful clean streets of the United Kingdom. :oldrazz::woot:

Sidewalks or parking lots I just give a nod like "hey whats up"... But If the other person doesn't even look at me that's alright too. IF someone looks like they are loitering I try to avoid them at all costs. I'm so tired of people asking for money.
Everyone would tired of that.

Not a fan of it... On the other side, I've had two girls say they don't like having eye contact with me. :p

One of the times when i feel it can be most awkward is when you're walking down a long street alone and there's only one person walking towards you. You can't help but notice them, but at the same time, you don't want to stare at them.

Always and never break eye contact, if they keep looking away while your making eye contact, it means your in control. Never break eye contact with a woman until she does first.

What an interesting thread! I have poor eyesight in one eye and almost none in the other, due to a childhood injury. I can see, but I cannot recognize faces from more than a few yards away, so I am forever squinting right at people, wondering whether I know them or not. It has never caused me any trouble, but I do worry that i might intimidate women and children.

By the way; I don't think staring right at a woman is a great idea. It doesn't make you seem in control; it makes you look like a rapist. :(

Little. If. Any.

Cant go giving away all my secrets....

Eye Contact mother******! Do you give it?!

...eh sometimes. It is just weird to me sometimes.

I give as much as I am given. Some people don't like it for whatever reason, and I am of the opinion that quite often...too much gets exchanged. Eyes are the window to the soul and all that.

By the way; I don't think staring right at a woman is a great idea. It doesn't make you seem in control; it makes you look like a rapist. :(

Its according to when, how much and by whom.

Women love eye contact, shows confidence and interest. It just depends on whether they think you look good or not, how they feel that day, etc.

As long as you smile and say something interesting its fine. If you just stare and drool then yea, its creepy.

I give a lot of eye contact, break it off for a few seconds, and then give eye contact again.

I've had so many awkward eye contact experiences lately, this thread is awesome.

Usually, when I'm walking somewhere, I tend do one or the other --

A) Be too absorbed with what I have to do and before I realize it, I have arrived at my destination and have no clue how I got there or B) Fight the urge not to look people in the eyes and usually walk past friends without realizing it until they say something and I come across as a jerk.

As for conversations, I tend to sway back and forth between direct eye contact and looking at whatever else I can not to be too awkward. :awesome:

Either way, I'm sure I seem like a totally sane individually. Hooray!

I find it disrespectful for someone to look you in the eyes.

Ohhhhkaay... Any way, I look at a person long enough untill they look away first and then I calibrate from then on how comfortable they would be with eye contact. Eye contact is key to show your status and how confident you are. I can't trust people who have trouble looking you straight into your eyes.

I know a lot of people have said that they normally look down while walking down a street, and while I do the same, for some reason, in recent years I've felt like walking with your head up is a way of showing confidence. I don't know why, but its something i've tried to make it a habit of doing.

Are you one of those people that give someone the "I'm gonna kill you" face when they make eye contact with you? I get that a lot around here. :csad:

I know a lot of people have said that they normally look down while walking down a street, and while I do the same, for some reason, in recent years I've felt like walking with your head up is a way of showing confidence. I don't know why, but its something i've tried to make it a habit of doing.

That is a great habit to practice and have. Keep doing it. You will FEEL better overall and be more confident. Don't hunch, keep a straight posture and keep looking straight on not down.

Are you one of those people that give someone the "I'm gonna kill you" face when they make eye contact with you? I get that a lot around here. :csad:

Yeah. LOL! Nah, if I know you and we are talking, I'll look people in the eyes. Or if I'm at work, I'll give people my full attention.

But if we are strangers, walking or something, I'll take it with disrespect, because that is the way I was raised. Plus, in my culture it is disrespectful to look someone in the eyes, unless its a girl or something.

Damn I cant stand that. I get some little gangster wannabe's doing that sometimes. Sometimes its just *****ebags.

I can understand if someone is staring, but just looking at them and nodding your head hello?

Thats a pet peeve of mine. Get over yourself.

If it's between you and friend in an Eiffel Tower, NO eye contact is appropriate. High fives only.

I ignore male strangers completely, glance at female strangers briefly and maintain eye contact at all times during conversations.

So I thought it would be interesting to go back to this thread because earlier today I had an acting class and one of the exercises that my professor made us do was stand across from someone and look at them directly in the eyes.

It was a little awkward at first, but then I realized the person in front of me was probably just as nervous as I was, so it became funny because it was awkward and especially since you could hear other people cracking up too. I must say though, it seemed to work because I was looking a lot more people in the eyes today.

I love eye contact. I mean I look at lots of things, but if you catch little glances of people's eyes it tells you so much about what they are thinking or feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"