Fables

Oakley

Sidekick
Reaction score
Absolutely LOVE this comic! Anyone else?

Originally posted by xrogue
Absolutely LOVE this comic! Anyone else?

I'm curious about it... the concept is certainly unique but I haven't been convinced to read it

how is the story? what do you like about it?

Originally posted by Lackey
I'm curious about it... the concept is certainly unique but I haven't been convinced to read it

how is the story? what do you like about it?

Haven't heard of it. What's it about? Who's the creative team?

Originally posted by CantThinkOfAName
I have the first tpb and enjoyed it.

For the love of God, tell me what it's about and who's the creative team is!

I read it too and I love it!!! Prince Charming has got to be one of the best 'new' characters introduced :D

For those who don't know what it's about it, it's pretty much a story about the old fairy tale characters that have been exiled to live in the modern world because their own world (Fable Town) has been overtaken by unknown forces.

Very funny stuff and a nice slant of classic characters. The first arc is a murder mystery based on who killed Snow Whites' sister, Rose Red. The second is about a revolution happening with the non human fables and the human fables. Very well written.

Creative team is by Bill Willingham with a rotating group of artists on each arc. Hope that helps :) Recommend giving the comic a try :D

Originally posted by WallCrawl
For the love of God, tell me what it's about and who's the creative team is!
Oh sorry:( The book is written by Bill Willingham. The first story has art by Lan Medina (in the second story, Mark Buckingham, who did PPSM with Paul Jenkins is teh artist). Basically, the overall plot is about a modern day fairy tale world where all the fairy tales chracters live in one world, Fabletown, after being exiled fromm their regular fairy tale world. Its mainly about crimes, judging from teh first book. In it, Rose Red has been murdered, and she happens to be the sister of Snow White, who happens to be teh secretary of teh mayor, who happens to give Snow WHite all his work, making her the leader of fabletown. Anyway, the Wherewolf is teh detective here, and he's off to find out who did the deed. Its very cool, and sometimes funny. The first tpb, Legends in Exile, is only 10 bucks, and collectes #1-4. Its a pretty good deal, so you shodl check it out.

Thanks all. This definitely sounds like something I'd be interested in picking up.

I just bought Fables TPB #1 today. I know absolutely nothing about the book other than what I've read in this thread, but the concept sounds very interesting so I'm really hoping I'll enjoy it. If I don't it was only $10.

Originally posted by STINK-E
I just bought Fables TPB #1 today. I know absolutely nothing about the book other than what I've read in this thread, but the concept sounds very interesting so I'm really hoping I'll enjoy it. If I don't it was only $10.

Let us know what you think when you've finished it please :)

Originally posted by Ray-Man
Let us know what you think when you've finished it please :)

Definitely.
I'll be reading it tomorrow when I get off work. I read Preacher 1 and Superman:For all Seasons today so I haven't had time yet.

I'm really looking forward to Fables, though I haven't checked it out yet the premise has always sounded very interesting to me.

It took me a little time to get to it but I finally read the Fables TPB #1. I really liked it, it was very clever. The writing was great, I'll definitely buy the next TPB.

Great to hear! It's a pretty fun read, but the next story arc is pretty heavy with a revolution going on and there are major points in the story where you go into shock :D You'll know what I'm talking about when you read it :)

I've just started reading Fables, and I like it a lot. I really enjoy that a lot of thought has gone into the title and it goes beyond the flash in the pan of just putting a new spin on Fabled characters, but taking whatever reinterpretations they make and exploring the character potential. I also love the amount of political intrigue involved. That coupled with the great job they're doing at fleshing characters is making Fables an awesome title. I love it. Pick it up today.

It's a damn fine comic. I only wish they'd release the trades faster. I'm only on volume 2.

I had to download the first 19 issues. It's not guaranteed that the rest will be put up ever. :(

Oh, I started reading Y the Last Man as well. :)

Y and fables both kick ass, but if you want the best vertigo book currently being published buy any of the first 4 100 Bullets trades

Originally posted by Elijya
Y and fables both kick ass, but if you want the best vertigo book currently being published buy any of the first 4 100 Bullets trades

I haven't had the disposable income available to buy any comics in a while so lately I've been downloading quite a few titles (preacher, Sandman, Watchmen, JTHM, Squee, The Crow, Sin City), many of which I'd never have the opportunity of reading if I wasn't able to download them. I am aware of 100 bullets and have heard many good things about the series. If it's ever uploaded I'll download it. As it is, it's one on a list of many comics I intend to eventually buy.

Originally posted by Lackey
you could always try the library

Libraries over here don't care comics, unless they're Asterix and Obelix and Tintin.

whoa....2 year old thread

you can download comics using bittorrent

and if you're looking for a better Fables thread, there's one in the DC Comics forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"