The Official Fables Thread

TheCorpulent1 said:
Well, if Davy's grandmammy was born in the US, then your family would be "from the United States" starting with her, wouldn't they? Just like mine'll be "from the United States" after my sister or I have our own grubby spawn someday, provided we have them here.

With other people, I'm hoping. :o

Well, my prospects are dim since I hate children anyway. My sister's all career-minded right now, too. She's got motherly qualities already, though, so I'm sure she'll provide the family with some heirs one day.

Did you miss the incest joke, or were you just ignoring it?

And yet you use such base humor all the time.

Yes, hence the irony. See? I can do... um... acidic humor, too.

Oooh Chemistry joke! Corp made it past 8th grade chemistry :wow:

Elijya said:
Gylock'es got the right idea. Imagine, if you will, that all fictional characters exist in their own worlds, and have always existed, and through some sort of maybe metaphysical-dimension-hopping method or something, subconsiously inspired the authors who "created" them

just a theory

What I think is this:

Thanks to some funky quantum math (don't ask me) It seems like every single possibilty, must exist - that's the multiverse. Parelel dimensions, when you had a three way with Christina Ricci and a young Tia Carrere, while after getting back to shape from your affair with Doomsday and the Six Million Dollar Man. Things like this, obscure as they are, still possibilites, so in one of the worlds must happen.

(Or not. Whatever. I work with photoshop, so don't ask me how the multiverse theory works.)

I think, the way our world works: if someone writes a story, or a "fable" enters the public's conciusness, their world will get closer to us, and make crossing possible, or even likely. Or even better, our world acts as a central hub, and our stories are organizing these worlds around us (Hence the shared realities of the Homelands.)

What if the metaphysics works in the opposite? Their entire corporeal Homeland and all characters within it live in their physical universe because our writers in this dimension created them? That could possibly account for why they're stronger (or more resistant to death) the more we believe in them.

GyLocke said:
What I think is this:

Thanks to some funky quantum math (don't ask me) It seems like every single possibilty, must exist - that's the multiverse. Parelel dimensions, when you had a three way with Christina Ricci and a young Tia Carrere, while after getting back to shape from your affair with Doomsday and the Six Million Dollar Man. Things like this, obscure as they are, still possibilites, so in one of the worlds must happen.

(Or not. Whatever. I work with photoshop, so don't ask me how the multiverse theory works.)

I think, the way our world works: if someone writes a story, or a "fable" enters the public's conciusness, their world will get closer to us, and make crossing possible, or even likely. Or even better, our world acts as a central hub, and our stories are organizing these worlds around us (Hence the shared realities of the Homelands.)

It's very likely. However, there is the fact that the Fables are very hard to kill because they are apart of the public conscious. Similar to the version of the gods from Neil Gaiman's Sandman comics and novel "American Gods." We created them with our belief and worship of them, and because of that the more they are believed in and worshiped, the stronger they are.

WallCrawl said:
What if the metaphysics works in the opposite? Their entire corporeal Homeland and all characters within it live in their physical universe because our writers in this dimension created them? That could possibly account for why they're stronger (or more resistant to death) the more we believe in them.

You said it first, but I referenced Neil Gaiman. Who do you think it should go to?

The Question said:
It's very likely. However, there is the fact that the Fables are very hard to kill because they are apart of the public conscious. Similar to the version of the gods from Neil Gaiman's Sandman comics and novel "American Gods." We created them with our belief and worship of them, and because of that the more they are believed in and worshiped, the stronger they are.

You said it first, but I referenced Neil Gaiman. Who do you think it should go to?

Considering I haven't read American Gods, probably me. :p

Hmmm. That's fair, I guess. But you should read American Gods. Great book.

That was the reasoning behind the DC Olympians long before American Gods came out. :p

The Question said:
Hmmm. That's fair, I guess. But you should read American Gods. Great book.

I know, I just haven't got around to it yet. I've read Neverwhere and Good Omens though.

TheCorpulent1 said:
That was the reasoning behind the DC Olympians long before American Gods came out. :p

I enevr said it wasn't. I simply referenced American Gods because that's what I thought of first.

Elijya said:
Oh, it's good, but don't hype yourself up TOO much, that's a recipe for disappointment

heh, Fables is fun, no doubt, but Preacher blows it out of the water any day of the week

Really? Preacher is that good. Well then, I will be checking that one out as well.

Preacher's good. It's about even with Fables as far as my own personal enjoyment of each goes. I think Fables has had more stand-out individual issues, though.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Well, I said it and now you've gotta deal with it. So there. :oldrazz:

Deal with what? I know Gaiman didn't invent the concept. American Gods was just the first example of it I could think of.

You're a very confusing individual.

Anyway. Fables rocks. I'm just wondering. Do you yous think that we'll ever get a story where Fabletown is exposed to the rest of the world?

The Question said:
You're a very confusing individual.
That's sweet of you to say. :)

How do you know I'm an individual, though? Maybe I'm a collective like... I don't know, Shakespeare or something?

Shakespear was a Klingon. Not a Borg. Everyone knows this. :o

Shakespear would weep if he knew he was being associated with Star Trek.

Shakespear was a f***ing Constructicon.

What do you mean by "construction?" :confused:

And Star Trek owns. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back