Endgame Falcon/Sam Wilson - Anthony Mackie

Iceman

Daffy Duck Vs The Joker
Staff member
Reaction score
Discuss Falcon in Avengers 4. I'm really glad to see Falcon carry on his role in TWS through to Civil War and Infinity War. Hopefully he is back by Cap's side asap.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Discuss Falcon in Avengers 4. I'm really glad to see Falcon carry on his role in TWS through to Civil War and Infinity War. Hopefully he is back by Cap's side asap.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Same here. He's my fav character in the MCU. I'm annoyed he was given such a small role in Infinity War after really shining in Civil War. CW made him really formidable.

Yes, I loved his CW appearance. I don’t think he’ll be done after Avengers 4.

For me, I think his best role was in CW. He had enough screentime and seemed to be a capable Avenger as well as a fitting leader (of sorts). Do you agree?

For me, I think his best role was in CW. He had enough screentime and seemed to be a capable Avenger as well as a fitting leader (of sorts). Do you agree?
His best was in TWS before he was reduced to follow Steve around. He is one of the characters that most needs development.

His best was in TWS before he was reduced to follow Steve around. He is one of the characters that most needs development.
I don't feel he was reduced in that way. He supported Steve's cause and became an Avenger. Supported Steve with the whole Bucky situation. Maybe that was just being a friend or he saw the writing on the wall about the accords.

I don't feel he was reduced in that way. He supported Steve's cause and became an Avenger. Supported Steve with the whole Bucky situation. Maybe that was just being a friend or he saw the writing on the wall about the accords.
At TWS we know he had a friend who died, that he helps veterans with PTSD, there was an introduction in his story, but then we did not see development. He was only Avenger in a CW scene, then his story is to help Steve, we have almost nothing of his out of Steve.

At TWS we know he had a friend who died, that he helps veterans with PTSD, there was an introduction in his story, but then we did not see development. He was only Avenger in a CW scene, then his story is to help Steve, we have almost nothing of his out of Steve.
I can't disagree there. It'd be nice to see more of something for him (rather than just his loyalty to Steve).

That or TWS, sure.

Heck, even his cameo in Ant-Man was really sharp.

Sucks that he was given such a tiny cameo in Age of Ultron, but I had read that he wasn't even planned for that to begin with. That after TWS debuted and fans adored him; that Joss went and added him in quickly. Probably last minute. But it's good to show the seeds of him becoming a worthy member of the team.

Heck, even his cameo in Ant-Man was really sharp.

Sucks that he was given such a tiny cameo in Age of Ultron, but I had read that he wasn't even planned for that to begin with. That after TWS debuted and fans adored him; that Joss went and added him in quickly. Probably last minute. But it's good to show the seeds of him becoming a worthy member of the team.
Oh yes, I loved his cameo in Ant Man. That was a great example of how to use an underlying cinematic universe well to support a film without taking anything away.

I was watching 8 Mile yesterday. Ole Falcon was in it playing the lead of a rap group haha

Even in TWS he was following Steve around. For a guy who works helping servicemen transition to civilian life, he was overly eager to pull his boots on.

Mackie is great playing Sam, though. Makes me wonder what he could do with something to chew on.

Even in TWS he was following Steve around. For a guy who works helping servicemen transition to civilian life, he was overly eager to pull his boots on.

Mackie is great playing Sam, though. Makes me wonder what he could do with something to chew on.
I agree. I wish they had given him more to do in IW. But too many characters. It's a shame he got dusted in IW wish little fanfare.

I quite liked his appearance in CW. He seemed like a capable leader of The Avengers.

I’m glad he’s getting a mini-series. Hopefully he gets a really good showing there. Will be good to see him in action without Cap.

I’m glad he’s getting a mini-series. Hopefully he gets a really good showing there. Will be good to see him in action without Cap.
I concur.Gonna be a real Blast to see.

After film's released, I guess I'll be the first to say it...

Falcon deserved the mantle of Captain America more than Bucky within the context of the MCU.

I like Falcon fine, but I have no interest whatsoever in seeing him take over as Captain America. And frankly, if it should’ve been anyone taking over after Steve, I feel that it should've been Bucky.

I like Falcon fine, but I have no interest whatsoever in seeing him take over as Captain America. And frankly, if it should’ve been anyone taking over after Steve, I feel that it should've been Bucky.
To be fully honest...

I think neither Sam or Bucky should take on the mantle. But, like I said within the context of the MCU, Sam works better and that's due to how the relationship as been hinted at. Sam had been working with Steve for a couple of years and the world seems to have a better idea of Falcon since he was known Avenger than Bucky who has his baggage. I also feel Bucky wouldn't want to be Cap anyway.

A lot of development off screen, but that's how the MCU works.

I was surprised he got as much dialogue as he did. I look forward to seeing him in the next film.

I think that both Sam and Bucky are thinissh characters to a shockingly large degree... But what I don't get is people saying Sam shouldn't be Cap. simply because he's not a super soldier and Bucky being one automatically gets the nod.

Really? That's what being Capt. America is all about? Being someone transformed by a super steroid?

I'm disappointed in everyone that's making that statement. :o

If being the symbol that is Capt. America is about more than just the serum, and it is... Sam is the better choice. I think in terms of possibly getting into some thorny issues about what it is to be a American TODAY especially, Sam can be an interesting lead.

All that out there... I think the Disney show is going to be about how the powers that be aren't going to let Sam be Cap. They will choose someone else and Bucky and Sam will have to deal with a someone taking up the legacy of Steve Rogers who is 100% unfit for the job. I think that's how this is all gonna be handled. Sam will "earn" the mantle in the Disney show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"