fan edited movies

boon23

Civilian
Reaction score
So far I know about the following fan edits:

Star Trek V re-edited: Star Trek V cut down to a TOS episode with 63 minutes length.
From what people say this seems to be a pretty well made edition with good quality of both picture and sound. It can be easily found.

Star Trek Kirkless Generations: Star Trek VII without Captain Kirk, cut down to 80 minutes length, presented as a TNG double episode and claiming to be the inofficial end to the series, closing the gap between the show and First Contact.
It can be easily found, even with a DVD cover, a trailer and a teaser.

AI kubrick edition: AI returning to Kubricks intenton, making it a darker and less colourful experience. This seems to be a very ambitious project. I was not able to find it, but I would love to.

Hannibal - Hannibalized edition: Hannibal from Ridley Scott with much more Hannibal and much less Clarice Starling or Barney or distracting elements. The movie has about the same length as the origianl, because plenty of the deleted scenes have been added.
Some people prefered this edition much to the original. It can be easily found, including a trailer.

Star Wars I - the phantom edit: Jar Jar Binks scenes were reduced, either were plenty of the kiddy humor scenes with burps and farts.
It can be easily found.

The Matrix DeZIONized: This edition combines Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions to one movie, leaving out almost every Zion scene as well as the references to them. The movie has a length of 2:50h and is very fast paced.
It can be easily found as DVD, DIVX and RMVB and also has subtitles, DVD cover, teaser and trailer.

27 Days Later: The edition of "28 days later" by Danny Boyle cuts out about 10 minutes from the second half of the movie, when the survivors meet the soldiers. The movie has a length of 1:40h and is much faster paced than the original theatrical cut.
It can be easily found within the next days.

Doomed by the Boogeyman: A re-creation of the horror movie "Boogeyman" (2005). This edition features a new ending and some of the deleted scenes, although plenty of the original scenes have been rearranged, altered or deleted. The final movie is only 68 minutes and has a very different plot. It can be easily found currently.

Batman & Robin De-Assified: Joel Schumacher's "masterpiece" completely reworked, leaving just 63 minutes of a movie worth to be watched.

High Tension - Minus One Edit: High Tension by
Alexandre Aja IMDB
The story of a serial killer visiting a family and tehir fight for survival. No stupid plot twist.

CREASY: Man on Fire special edition focussing on Denzel Washington with a new end.

War of the worlds - the extinctive cut: Without Morgan Freeman speeches, without Tim Robbins, without micro organisms, but with an all new ending, composed from different movies.

boon23 said:
The Matrix DeZIONized: This edition combines Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions to one movie, leaving out almost every Zion scene as well as the references to them. The movie has a length of 2:50h and is very fast paced.
It can be easily found as DVD, DIVX and RMVB and also has subtitles, DVD cover, teaser and trailer.

Im trying to find this but every one i try and d/l, the tracker is down. Any ideas where i can get a working link?

I am sure it is not legal to post any links to unauthorized material here. Look for pirate bay.

ImTheWombat said:
Im trying to find this but every one i try and d/l, the tracker is down. Any ideas where i can get a working link?

go to torrentspy.com and search for it. I found it there.

oh wow, I own matrix reloaded and revolutions. I'd love to see what they'd be like with all the orgy scenes edited out. thanks!! :)

There is NO version of The Phantom Menace with Jar Jar completely removed from the movie. They just edited his character & stuff drastically

From one point of view, a fan-edited movie is a very cool idea. The other point of view is, "Would I like people messing with a movie I'd made?"

Having said that, few movies are edited by their directors. And a fan-edited movie is just having a different editor, I suppose. A non-professional editor who just chops out the bits he doesn't like, to be sure. I doubt The Phantom Edit does much about the poor pacing and lagging scenes on Tatooine.

if only it was this easy with Paul WS Anderson and UWE Boll Movies...but if we did that...all we'd have left was the previews.

Here is ONE fan edit of The Phantom Menace that I came across that I find INTERESTING here is some info

* New episode name "A Vergence in the Force"

* New crawl

* References to Amidala being an elected Queen of Naboo have been
removed. Amidala is simply a young queen of a democratic constitutional
monarchy, much like Great Britain's government.

* Jar-Jar's slapstick has been largely removed throughout the movie

* Anakin's childishness has largely been removed throughout the movie

* Boss Nass' strange tics have been removed

* There are no fart jokes or poop jokes

* No friggin' midichlorians.

* Deleted scenes restored or partially restored include:
* Waterfall sequence
* Dawn before the race
* Extended Lap 2
* Anakin fighting Greedo
* Probe Droid following Qui-Gon and Anakin out of town - Earlier
probe sequence was shifted here as well

* Some extraneous bits of the Podrace sequence were removed

* Music added behind the podrace to heighten the tension.

* Ask Aak's line is now in Malastarian and subtitled to match his role
in Episode II

* Jar Jar is not made a General. He simply fights alongside his fellow
Gungans.

* A significant piece of the Gungan battle is removed due to Jar Jar's
antics. It is edited seamlessly without detriment to the story.

* Anakin's ship is not on autopilot as he goes of to destroy the
control ship. All all of his actions are deliberate.

this sounds pretty much interesting. Where did you find that one (or where can I get it)?

Taken from the .nfo

Here it is.
The DVD-edition of KIRKLESS GENERATIONS with menu, trailer, chapters and subtitles.
Some of you might think that the universe is solid and nothing can be changed the way nature has made it.
Genetics should have proven you wrong already.
But still some you believe that a movie, which is not so much of a universe in itself should not be altered,
is supposed to be the way it is.
The CBB group disagrees with you in that totally.
When a director along with his executive producers and his producers and the many more people having a say in making a movie
and being responsible or taking responsiblity for a cut, decide to have a movie this or that way,
they have no idea if the outcome is good or will be liked or not.
Quality cannot be just created, it is far more than a few good ideas put together.
We all have seen great efforts who failed in the end (best example might be Matrix Revolutions).
Now are we forced to accept that a movie stays the way it is?
The movie stations make their personal cuts, the studios do, the producers do, the directors do
and finally we have 10 different versions of the same movie material (e.G.Dawn of the Dead).
Is this bad?
No. It is very good this way, because the watcher, YOU, can decide, what you like best.
And the CBB group thinks that touching movie material, altering it to get a new result,
which could be highly enjoyable, not to joke around or make fun,
but seriously tell the known story in an unknown way, can be considered for viewing pleasure and therefore done.

So here is our edition of Star Trek Generations.
We removed James T. Kirk completely from the movie,
just because we thought he was a PAIN.I.T.A. in this movie and his death is surely not what a legend deserves.
Our edition is supposed to be the inofficial final episode of Star Trek,
the next generation series and closes almost all gaps between the original show and the movie: First Contact.
We hope you enjoy this movie as much as we do.
As for flaws we are aware of at least two of them, but consider them minor.

Have fun, make your own edition of your movies.

dvdkirklessgenerationsmini0ja.jpg

well i d/led The MAtrix DeZIONized. I had to convert the VOB files and BUP files and everything else into an ISO, then burn the ISO Image onto a DVD. It worked, but the DVD is PAL. So I have to watch it on my comp. I'll give my review when im done.

fascinating...
I just had to open Nero --> Video DVD --> paste the content from the folder video_ts into the folder video_ts in the nero program --> burn.
Yes it is PAL, but most DVD players don't care about NTSC or PAL and can display both easily.

from the .nfo file:

The Matrix Dezionized

a special edition combining Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions to one complete movie.
unauthorized fanmade edition by the CBB group.

Everything that has a beginning... may not have a disappointing end.
But the Matrix Trilogy had a very disappointing end.
Reloaded was nothing compared to The Matrix and Revolutions even nothing compared to Reloaded...

Pathetic.

This is why we made this edition: We did watch the movies over and over, sensing there was quality in them, but so many things were distracting, did not make much sense, were just boring to watch.

Then someone came up with the idea to leave out Zion at all, to never have Morpheus' speech, nor the great battle, not the dance scene, not the prime minister and especially not Commander Locke. We thought about it a lot and we came to the result, he was right. Zion had to be left out of the sequels to get a better movie and it would be possible to do that without destroying the plot, cause all major and important actions happen to be at other locations than Zion. We also shortened lots of other scenes we did not like or thought to be not fitting, e.G. the dream sequence beginning, where Trinity falls out of the window. Although this scene was great action, it just was not thrilling and as it is repeated later on, we just deletetd it (in fact we put this scene to the point, when it actually happened and deleted the shortened version there). Of course we thougt about plenty other scenes to leave out, e.G. the indian family in the beginning of Revolutions, but we decided it was good to have that for mood and plot. All in all it took us several months to think about which scenes to keep and which one to cut.

There are two main parties we want to say thank you to and both of them will not like it:
thanks to the entire production team of Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions, you did a great job and gave us everything we needed to make our "improved" edition. We admire your work and will always do so.
thanks to the software companies, who create such nice tools that make it possible to keep the highest possible quality in creating movies to our own likings. The present is a nice time to live in.

The Matrix Dezionized
PAL 2h 50min
english
english subtitles
animated menus
chapters
teaser
trailer
DVD cover

enjoy.

the CBB group.

matrixdezionizedpic5gb.jpg

The Matrix Dezionized...I admire the motive, but after watching it, I realize how emotionless the movie becomes without Zion. There were many unnecessary scenes in Zion (and in the Matrix), but if you cut out anything emotional and just leave the pseudointellectual bull**** and overextended fight scenes, the movie feels extremely hollow.

boon23 said:
fascinating...
I just had to open Nero --> Video DVD --> paste the content from the folder video_ts into the folder video_ts in the nero program --> burn.
Yes it is PAL, but most DVD players don't care about NTSC or PAL and can display both easily.

my DVD player will play PAL, but my TV goes all black and white and buzzes when i try and play a PAL

HANNIBAL, special hannibalized edition
unauthorized

For all those who enjoyed Hannibal much less than they hoped to, here is a very special edition for you to put things finally to the right place.
No, he is not a good man.
No, he does not kill only bad and rude people.
Yes, there was way to much about Starling in this movie.
Yes, Barny sucks and a friendship between him and Hannibal is just not possible.
Yes, Thomas Harris got corrupted by movie companies and we are not willing to accept this.

;-)

and btw. enjoy a great movie.

There are plenty of new scenes in it, all of course taken from the deleted scenes as most of the actors were busy, except for Scott Glenn, but, well... he wasn't in this movie at all.

The idea for the project was born the day we saw HANNIBAL... and were all very disappointed, although there never ever was any movie to cause a greater sound of being deeply disgusted than this one (you all know which scene I am referring to).
We needed a few days to re-edit the DVD nad resample the sound, but it was definetly worth the effort.

So, take a look and enjoy something very special, something you will not get anywhere else.

regards,
CBB group

Special thanks to Heinrich, who shares his thoughts with me.
And very special thanks to Winnie, who is just encouraging in her very person.

27 Days Later

The trailer is online.

This is an edition of "28 days later" by Danny Boyle. This great movie slowed down a lot in its second half. This is now corrected ;-)

27dayslaterpostermini1it.jpg

DOOMED BY THE BOOGEYMAN

"doomed by the boogeyman" DVD by the CBB group, created 2005

This is it, the DVD to our 5th major edition.
This time we re-created or re-vived the horror movie "Boogeyman"
directed by Stephen Kay, 2005.
The movie reached number one of the american box office in february for one week.
Still the movie is bad.
It received a 4 of 10 rating on imdb from 4368 people.
On Rotten-Tomatoes it scored 14% by the critics...

Now why was it number one?
People like scary movies and this one is well done in most of its parts:
great camera, fast editing, good score, good actors and well directing.
It is an old fashioned horror movie, with plenty of scary and shocking moments.
The story about the creature that kids are afraid of most,
still hunting a grown-up man has potential
and plenty of the suspense comes from awakening primal fears in the viewer.

But why was it bad?
Well, there is a plot that just does not make to much sense after all,
then there are some badly made CGI effects,
in fact there are way to many CGI effects, especially at the end.
And there is the copy-factor: many scenes just seem to be copied out of other movies,
pretty much influenced by SAW and THE GRUDGE.
The end is just not likely to happen, in fact the viewer does not believe it.
You may wonder how this has passed test screenings at all.

And now the CBB group has tried to save this work of art
and release a finally enjoyable version.

It took us many weeks to work through the scenes, to add deleted scenes,
to delete others, rearrange them, make them fit to what we wanted.
The achievement is a pretty short movie with a very different plot,
not in the beginning, which is almost the same as before,
but later on things happen in a kind of different and much more plausible way.
This time you will be frightened!

Our edition includes various altered and deleted scenes and a new ending.
On the DVD you will find the scenes we deleted from the original
and see for yourself, why we had to take them out.

The XVID-rip will be out soon, it is not highest quality
but pretty small and easy to download.
The DVD (which will be out after the release of the XVID) has a size of approximately 2.1 gigabytes
and features the subtitles, an additional track with the sound before we reworked it,
as well as animated menus and chapters, the deleted scenes, the original ending, the trailer and a trailershow.

We do this, because we love movies and we like to watch good ones.
Several people are having difficulties with our editions,
because they think, we do not have the right to alter the material created by others.
the movie business: an author writes a story, which is altered by the screenwriter,
which is altered by the director and the producer, which is altered by the movie studio,
which is altered by the major movie company,
which is finally altered by the TV stations....

By altering it, we give the audience a chance to watch the same movie
and the same people's work again
and maybe this time appreciate it.
We think ourselves to save the essence of a good idea.
No one is forced to watch it and no one has to pay for it as we don't do this for money.

It can be found on PIRATEBAY, TORRENTSPY, MININOVA AND TORRENTPORTAL.

doomedbytheboogeymandvdcovermi.jpg

boon23 said:
That is far from true in the US....most US DVD players will NOT play PAL are are specifically set to only play Region 1 DVDs.

Batman & Robin: De-Assified - A Greencapt Special Edition

This is the newly released and increasingly infamous Greencapt edit of the
motion picture 'Batman & Robin'. This edition, called 'Batman & Robin:
De-Assified' has a running time of 63 minutes and features, among other cuts:

- The entire Alfred/MacGregor's subplot has been taken out.

- *Most* of the cheesy lines have been removed, as well as all the cartoony
sound effects.

- Stupid visual elements such as the Bat-skates, the Bat-credit card, butt and
crotch shots, etc have been removed.

- Most of Bane has been removed, or at least reduced to just seeming to be a
genetically mutated henchman (unless you watch through the end credits).

- Batman's character and dialogue has been tweaked to make it appear as if
(brace yourself now!) he only speaks when speaking is needed; he seems much more
intelligent and seems much more in control of the world and people around him.

- The petty bickering between Batman and Robin has been removed and they act as
a team.

- Batgirl, regretfully, could not be fully removed due to her appearance in the
final battle. But her character has been reduced and made to seem if both Bruce
Wayne and Alfred had a hand in planning her creation as Batgirl.

- All the stupid gangs and motorbike racing scenes were eliminated. They were
essentially useless to the plot.

- Ivy remains essentially intact, though now her character seems more
manipulative of Freeze. Freeze himself actually plays a lot more sinister when
his stupid lines are greatly reduced and things like making his henchmen sing
are gone.

- The opening credits have been re-arranged to resemble more of a 'James Bond'
structure: Bat logo, right into intense action, after opening action scene the
main credit roll.

ENJOY!

This one is currently available at: www myspleen net topic other/misc via bittorrent. Of course you need to login first and keep an eye on your upload/download ration.

Today we launched the remake of our very first edition, this time vastly improved in both picture and sound quality. See for yourself, as long as it is availbale. It can be found on the Pirate Bay.

HANNIBAL, special hannibalized edition

unauthorized

For all those who enjoyed Hannibal much less than they hoped to, here is a very special edition for you to put things finally to the right place.
No, he is not a good man.
No, he does not kill only bad and rude people.
Yes, there was way to much about Starling in this movie.
Yes, Barny sucks and a friendship between him and Hannibal is just not possible.
Yes, Thomas Harris got corrupted by movie companies and we are not willing to accept this.

;-)

and btw. enjoy a great movie.

There are plenty of new scenes in it, all of course taken from the deleted scenes as most of the actors were busy, except for Scott Glenn, but, well... he wasn't in this movie at all.

The idea for the project was born the day we saw HANNIBAL... and were all very disappointed, although there never ever was any movie to cause a greater sound of being deeply disgusted than this one (you all know which scene I am referring to).
We needed a few days to re-edit the DVD and resample the sound, but it was definetly worth the effort.

So, take a look and enjoy something very special, something you will not get anywhere else.

This is our 2nd edition of Hannibal. We made this to include subtitles, increase overall quality and keep all the roller pigeons away. All in all we consider this work far more professional than the first, but see for yourself.

For our American and Japanese viewers we made this one NTSC 16:9, added subtitles to all scenes including the deleted ones (thanx for your screenplay David Mamet & Steven Zaillian). And there is a little easter egg hidden (jsut a bit of self advertisment). Don't forget to watch the introduction.

Features: Hannibal, Hannibalized edition 2h10min
Deleted Scenes
Animated Menus
English Subtitles
Introduction by RS
Animated Scene Selection Menus

Our recent projects were: MATRIX Dezionized
Star Trek Kirkless Generations
27 Days Later (a.k.a 28 Days Later Soldier Redux)
Doomed by the Boogeyman

Our next projets: High Tension - minus one edit
Man on Fire - quid pro quo edition
War of the Worlds - Extinctive Cut

In the planning: Titanic - The Jack edit
The Lord of the Rings - The Essence of the Ring
13 Ghosts
Windtalkers

regards,
Boon from CBB

Special thanks to Winnie, Magic Carpet, Castor & Troy and of course Heinrich, still supportive.

ichannibalizeddvdcovernewcbb2z.jpg

I'm trying to download Batman & Robin: De-Assified right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"