Fantasitc Four 3 Chatter.....enter NAMOR!?!?

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
Not much at all but at least it confirms...no word yet.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/28/22728.php

During a recent press conference to promote her comedy Good Luck Chuck, Jessica Alba commented on Sin City 2 and Fantastic Four 3. Here's what the actress had to say...

Can you talk about your possible involvement in Sin City 2? Or, Fantastic Four 3?

Jessica Alba: I have no idea. You probably know more than I do about both of those movies. To be honest the actor is always the last to know. They're like, "We're bringing this screen we still have to wrap our heads around the character but we'll give you three weeks to do that." (Laughs) So yeah, I'm truly the last to know.

But then here:

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2007/09/10/jessica-alba-ready-to-be-a-super-mommy-in-fantastic-four-3/

Jessica Alba Ready To Be A Super-Mommy In ‘Fantastic Four 3’

4 Comments | Published by Shawn Adler on Monday, September 10, 2007 at 1:53 pm.
140x105.jpg
As anyone knows, trying to engage an expectant parent-to-be in a conversation about anything other than their kid is like boxing a glacier. Good luck getting them to mention anything else.
So it is with Jessica Alba, the sexy 26-year-old star of the “Fantastic Four” flicks. A month after chatting us up at Comic-Con, Alba’s still pregnant with anticipation for little Franklin Richards to appear in the next installment of the superhero franchise.
“I think the next thing we have to go through is having a baby. That’s what happens next,” Alba reiterated to MTV News last week. “Franklin comes along and the Fantastic Four have to deal with this powerful new child.” And here we wanted to talk about Namor. (No, really. We asked. Don’t you think the last flick set him up?)
But no matter who appears in FF3, it’ll be a long time coming, said Alba. “There a potential strike happening so everyone’s freaking out - they’re cramming movies in,” she contended. “I’m not sure if [”FF3″] is one of those movies you can really cram.”
Ok, everything’s fair game. Given the first two movies, what characters would you like to see in “FF3,” villain or otherwise? Sound off below.

What the hell? Did Universal lose the rights to Namor and if so will Marvel allow Fox to use him for one film. No way in hell Marvel sells the movie rights...though they might lease him out for one film. Could be a nice set up for the Namor solo flick.

This does change things quite a bit.

Wait a sec it's the interviewer who said Namor. Ok...not likely bud he's with Uni for now and will NEVER be at Fox.

Back to Franklin and Moleman. I thought FF2 set up Moleman more than Namor personally.

Wait a sec it's the interviewer who said Namor. Ok...not likely bud he's with Uni for now and will NEVER be at Fox.

Back to Franklin and Moleman. I thought FF2 set up Moleman more than Namor personally.

How? Doom falls to the bottom of the sea...Anyone would think that could be a great set-up for Namor.

However I'll believe it when i hear from Arad.

Well the Silver Surfer made those craters all over the Earth prepping for it's destruction. Maybe he uncovered something. Also at the end Venice was sinking perhaps from the craters or perhaps from tunneling underground.

Namor is at Universal so Fox can't have it. If the rights revert they go back to Marvel. Marvel will never sell it's movie rights again...ever. However they might lease them out for one film if it suits them.

Well the Silver Surfer made those craters all over the Earth prepping for it's destruction. Maybe he uncovered something. Also at the end Venice was sinking perhaps from the craters or perhaps from tunneling underground.

Namor is at Universal so Fox can't have it. If the rights revert they go back to Marvel. Marvel will never sell it's movie rights again...ever. However they might lease them out for one film if it suits them.

I don't know how the rights work, but could Universal "lend" the character to Fox?

A start-up Namor film would be a hard sell to a general audience that barely knows the character, but, like the Silver Surfer, an FF movie would increase the value of the character for a stand-alone film.

I'm not sure how the contracts are written, but if I was Universal, I'd be interested in letting Fox pump up the property for me.

. . . or, Universal may realize that they're never going to be willing to take the risk of green-lighting a Namor film and sell the rights to Fox for a reasonable price (again assuming that's possible under the contract).

. . . but on a personal note, I just saw FF2 on a flight from Arizona, and seeing again how . . . cheap, unnatural and awkward the film looked at points, I'm ready for some major changes.

I'm afraid I'm going to have trouble getting up for a another film from the same team.

Ideally, I'd like to see both Universal and Fox recognize that neither of them are really interested in producing either property and sell them back to Marvel at a reasonable price so they can do it right.

. . . with Peter Jackson or Ridley Scot or David fincher.

I don't know how the rights work, but could Universal "lend" the character to Fox?

A start-up Namor film would be a hard sell to a general audience that barely knows the character, but, like the Silver Surfer, an FF movie would increase the value of the character for a stand-alone film.

I'm not sure how the contracts are written, but if I was Universal, I'd be interested in letting Fox pump up the property for me.

. . . or, Universal may realize that they're never going to be willing to take the risk of green-lighting a Namor film and sell the rights to Fox for a reasonable price (again assuming that's possible under the contract).

. . . but on a personal note, I just saw FF2 on a flight from Arizona, and seeing again how . . . cheap, unnatural and awkward the film looked at points, I'm ready for some major changes.

I'm afraid I'm going to have trouble getting up for a another film from the same team.

Ideally, I'd like to see both Universal and Fox recognize that neither of them are really interested in producing either property and sell them back to Marvel at a reasonable price so they can do it right.

It is possible that Fox could pay roalties to Universal to use the name/image in the film. They could even negotiate to buy the rights outright. Anything is possible, however it's likely that Fox won't spend money buying rights for characters unless they think they can get a big return from it.

So bottom line is, don't hold your breath (no pun intended).

If they're doing Franklin (which is far from a done deal - just Alba thinking outloud about what she would want in FF3), then I would hope that they also do Annihilus in the next film.

Remember between part 1 & 2 is was Alba constantly thinking outloud and talking about getting married.

We can't hope for top, A-list directors for every comicbook movie. And those directors may not want Fantastic Four.

I'd have liked FF to have had a darker, moodier sci-fi edge (like X1)...but we can't always have everything we want.

Remember between part 1 & 2 is was Alba constantly thinking outloud and talking about getting married.

I also remember her saying that Sue was getting all of the powers, that Alicia would have a bigger role, etc.........she is saying what "she" would like to see in the next movie, not what has been necessarily talked about at any length by the powers that be.....we will know about that before she does....

I'd like to see Namor in FF3.

Hell i just like to see FF3 get made no matter who the villian is.

I want FF3. Namor won't be in it without some huge contract changes and rights swapping.

Venice is a sinking city. The reference didn't necessarily have anything to do with Namor.:huh:

Venice is a sinking city. The reference didn't necessarily have anything to do with Namor.:huh:

I know. I thought mole-man might have had something to do with escalating that. Or perhaps they go off to investigate that and run into mole-man. :)

that could work. I just think people got a little too excited at the mention

What I'd like done in FF3 is this:

Skrulls. Have two plotlines going, one would be the Skrull advance guard scouting earth's defenses and collecting samples of the FF's DNA, the second plotline would be Doom overthrowing Latveria and establishing his power base.

The movie would climax with the FF getting their asses handed to them by Super Skrull for a while, then when they finally start getting the upper hand, Doom sweeps in all fresh and rested and mops the floor with Super Skrull. Now the world heralds him as a hero and overlooks his illegal coup in Latveria, the world is saved, and that insufferable Richards has been humiliated.

Happy ending for all.

Fantastic Four 3 ALL the way!!!! Although I would be bummed if I didn't get the Inhumans, the only substitution would be Namor (or Annihilus and the Negative Zone)...that would be really cool!!!!

From the DVD spoiler it seems that Puppet master might have been on tap. Sinking city suggests a Mole Man tie in.

Heck I just want an FF3 right now. I am at the point where any talk of SS and no mention of FF3 irritates me.

FF3 all the way.

I think Tim will come out and hopefully say something in a few weeks after DVD #'s are in. It should be a good rental too.

From the DVD spoiler it seems that Puppet master might have been on tap. Sinking city suggests a Mole Man tie in.

Heck I just want an FF3 right now. I am at the point where any talk of SS and no mention of FF3 irritates me.

FF3 all the way.

I'm with you on that.......I'm to the point I don't want to read anything on here about the SS, GIVE HIM HIS OWN FORUM....:cmad: :o But, I'll have to watch that one as well....:csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"