Far Cry 6

I don't know. In theory it would be nice if we stopped specially privileging women's lives over men's, for no reason other than they are women. Implicit in that discomfort is the idea that either All Women Are Helpless, or All Women Are Innocent, or both.

Or to put it differently: why exactly is it not-uncomfortable to slowly and brutally kill someone with a machete while they cry out in pain and terror, when they are a man?

I don't know. In theory it would be nice if we stopped specially privileging women's lives over men's, for no reason other than they are women. Implicit in that discomfort is the idea that either All Women Are Helpless, or All Women Are Innocent, or both.

Or to put it differently: why exactly is it not-uncomfortable to slowly and brutally kill someone with a machete while they cry out in pain and terror, when they are a man?
It is uncomfortable. Its even more uncomfortable when its a woman. And itd be even more uncomfortable if it was a baby. An individual woman's ability to protect herself doesn't really change instinctual and conditioned responses in our species. Women's smaller build, higher pitched vocals, nurturing role in our species for 200,000+ years and likely numerous other biological and psychological factors inclines male humans to react more intensely about female harm and pain. Eliminating that response from our species is going to take a very very long time.

Fun fact: a baby's cry sets off the amygdala in an adult brain causing a strong fear and anxiety response. Its natures way of getting adults to help the most vulnerable of our group.

Word of warning: there is a mission called Sundown. Its horrid, and a lot of gamers are having problems with it. Its an onrail mission where you ride in a dump truck and have to shoot your own guns at attacking cars and 2 helicopters. The truck is bouncing all over the place so aiming is damn near impossible. If you step off the truck to get steady aim at the attackers the dump truck will explode for no reason after about 5 seconds. If you get off to repair the truck and accidentally touch the fuel tank with the repair torch the truck will immediately explode. Make sure you have blast ammo and incendiary ammo in an LMG or equip a rocket launcher before you start the Sundown mission. Anything less won't work well.

It took me over 20 tries and 45 minutes to get through that POS mission.

I know I'm playing an open world Ubisoft game, when the first road I reach has an AI car run over about 3 NPCs just standing in the road.:funny:

Ok so I am well into this and I gotta say....I miss some of the old elements. Like crafting items to carry more ammo. Now I have to pick an upgrade for my Supremo, and it can only be one type of ammo. That sucks. And all these bullet types, useless. How does armor piercing ammo do less damage than regular bullets? If it's meant to pierce armor, then a soft target enemy should turned into mince meat.

Um, that's how armor piercing ammo works *in real life*. A bullet that penetrates armor easily, does so by being harder and deforming less. This means it transmits less force into the target, producing a narrow clean hole rather than a giant wound.

( The reverse is also true- a frangible round designed to break up or deform in the target's body, thus producing a giant wound and dumping all its kinetic energy? Is generally crappy for piercing armor, because it just flattens against said armor. In fact, this is the main purpose for frangible ammo, not to cause extra damage but to prevent overpenetration. )

Um, that's how armor piercing ammo works *in real life*. A bullet that penetrates armor easily, does so by being harder and deforming less. This means it transmits less force into the target, producing a narrow clean hole rather than a giant wound.

( The reverse is also true- a frangible round designed to break up or deform in the target's body, thus producing a giant wound and dumping all its kinetic energy? Is generally crappy for piercing armor, because it just flattens against said armor. In fact, this is the main purpose for frangible ammo, not to cause extra damage but to prevent overpenetration. )
Interesting to know.

One cool bit of realism is even a small pistol can one shot an enemy with a headshot. Some gamers gripe that its too easy, but I think its refreshing and balances nicely with the added difficulty of various armors and ammo types.

So I bought this on disc because it was only 15 bucks, and holy crap it has a 63 gig patch! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"