Far From Home Far from home or home coming what one did you like more?

spiderman2

Superhero
Reaction score
What movie did you like better home coming or far from home? I love both of them but Far from home improved big time on the action and it was really my only issue with home coming so i have to go with far from home.

Far From Home has the better villain, and the fights between Mysterio and Spider-Man are some of the best action sequences I've ever seen in a Superhero film, but I still think Homecoming is a better film, as great as Mysterio is and as great as the third act is, I thought Far From Home was really messy and poorly paced until the last third of the film, and the most important consequence of his fight with Mysterio isn't even in the main film, it's awkwardly turned into a mid-credits scene. Homecoming is just a much better paced film and the humor is much more consistent, Homecoming never drags for more than a minute or two, Far From Home drags for at least a half hour straight.

Far from home by a mile and I thought Homecoming was solid. I do agree that far from home does drag a bit at the start but even then I would still take it over Homecoming easily.

It’s hard for me to get over seeing Spider-Man being useful in civil war and then regressing so far back in Homecoming. It’s just hard as a fan seeing how utterly useless he is through out Homecoming. The action sequences were severely lacking in Homecoming as well.

Homecoming I felt is a more complete movie, strong from beginning to end and got better as the movie went along. The first half of Far From Home was an absolute slog to get through and wasn't really as funny as it wanted to be. Second half was phenomenal however.

Far From Home for me because this felt closer to the Peter Parker from the comics and the action scenes weren't dull.

Plus I like Zendaya as the love interest way more than Liz in Homecoming.

I would say the first half of homecoming feels Stronger than Far From Home

but the second half of Far From Home blows Homecoming away and its not even close
Far from home incredible actions scenes are just on a completely different level compared to what was in homecoming

I think FFH does some things better than Homecoming and Homecoming does some things better than FFS. With that said, FFH has a sequence (you'll know it when you see it) that is one of the best scenes I have seen in a movie (not just superhero movie, movie full spot) I have seen in my entire life. I was blown away.

I'd say Homecoming is a bit stronger , tighter film. Then again , SMHC didn't have to deal with as much baggage going into it as SMFFH did.

SMFFH had to sort of reset the table as the result of Endgame from SMHC and deal with: the blip, the fact that they didn't age , Stark's death, the status quo of Peter and MJ inbetween the end of SMHC and the beginning of SMFFH, and the school field trip all, in the first act , as opposed hitting the ground running as most part 2s tend to do. Those things effected the pacing a bit I suspect

I'd give SMHC is an A , and SMFFH is an A-, so both films are good Spiderman films. Both have their strengths and weaknesses, but I think i'd give the edge to SMHC.

But again, they're both good Spiderman films .

FFH by a mile. What brought the film down, for me, was the mid credits scene. I dont think it was the right choice and the cameo, as cool as it was, actually reminded me of the problems i have with this version of spidey.
Up until that point, it was sharing second spot with first raimi film, then it slipped to #3.

As of right now I'll go with Homecoming as well. As great as the action sequences are in FFH I just think Homecoming was a funnier and much better paced film. I also thought Vulture was a much more interesting and engaging villain than Mysterio even though Mysterio is handled way better when it comes to the action. I can definitely appreciate John Watts stepping his game up in this after some people being dissapointed with the action in Homecoming.

FFH by a mile. What brought the film down, for me, was the mid credits scene. I dont think it was the right choice and the cameo, as cool as it was, actually reminded me of the problems i have with this version of spidey.
Up until that point, it was sharing second spot with first raimi film, then it slipped to #3.

The mid credit scene actually pushed the movie up a notch and super excited for the sequel. But only if they double down on the reveal and not wuss out.

The mid credit scene actually pushed the movie up a notch and super excited for the sequel. But only if they double down on the reveal and not wuss out.
Idk, id be fine if they did that eventually but its far too early imo. So many iconic storylines that they cant do the right way now. Considering its marvel proper making these films, i cant help but feel disappointed.

Homecoming from an all around storytelling perspective. Although, I did prefer MJ in Far From Home over Homecoming.

That's a tough one. Homecoming is a more tightly focused movie, while Far From Home is broader and weirder. However, I *like* weird, so this is more "different" than "worse". If given the option, I'd vote "about the same". As is, it will take a while for me to decide which I like better. In the end, I'll *probably* land on FFH ( like I said, I *like* "comics are weird" ), but it would depend a lot on any future usage of the plot threads and characters from each movie.

Homecoming from an all around storytelling perspective. Although, I did prefer MJ in Far From Home over Homecoming.
Yeah, big improvement from her for me.

After just seeing FFH yesterday, I'd say I prefer it slightly over HC. HC was probably a more complete story from start to finish but it did feel as if the action was not there enough. FFH, while taking a bit of time to get going, is a great natural progression for SM/PP and the action set pieces are much better.

Homecoming feels like a rounded film with a strong, fresh vision behind it.

Far From Home feels like an MCU potboiler, much like Iron Man 2 or The Dark World.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"